Posts created by lynwil

posted in Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree on Feb 28, 18 2:35 PM
I agree completely, Siladan

posted in Legend of Maya on Jan 13, 18 5:46 PM
The instructions say to use an axe or a dagger but I've none left by the time I get to the dreaded square. Please help, it's driving me mad!

posted in MatchVentures on Nov 11, 17 3:04 PM
SynthpopAddict - "As stated earlier, I've retired Match Ventures and will not be replaying. I never experienced any freezing issues, "stuck in battle room with nothing happening" freezes, or apparent "tool disappearance frozen rooms". However, someone posted elsewhere that toggling the game mode between normal and relaxed regenerated the level they were currently on, so if your game is frozen, couldn't hurt to try this."

First up, thanks for all your help SynthpopAddict. On the freezing issue, I had to restart under another name after the battle room froze on me and then I couldn't go further as I wasn't getting the tools I needed. I read the post of toggling between normal and relaxed and it has worked for me twice so far. It may be that you have to do it a couple of times but it does seem to work. Have to say, I now ignore the battle room and have managed to get to level 61 so far.

posted in MatchVentures on Nov 2, 17 12:51 AM
Ok,also got stuck on level 31 and tried what was suggested. Went to 'Options' and changed to 'Timed' - it took 2 or 3 goes back and forward but finally the machete showed up and I was able to carry on. So don't give up, it's just frustrating starting over 3 or 4 times but it worked for me.
Edited: Just want to add, I also froze on the battleground so I started with a new name and don't bother using the shield.

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 28, 17 2:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work, I had to delete the profile and start again. Oh well, onward and upward.

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 28, 17 2:00 AM
The battle on level 15 has frozen, any suggestions?

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 26, 17 3:01 PM
Is it just me or does this seem like an earlier version of Silver Tale and Runefall, both of which I enjoyed and bought? Having said that, I'm also enjoying this game and bought it with a coupon.

posted in The Wisbey Mystery on Jan 13, 17 3:26 PM
Possibly a new, and foreign, dev as the spelling wasn't great but that really doesn't detract from the game. Quite old school with no real bells and whistles but relaxing to play, only gripe is a very skittish cursor - doesn't quite get where it's meant to go. Will probably buy at some stage with a coupon.

posted in Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower on Dec 6, 16 3:30 PM
Bought this game a few days again and just went back to carry on playing. When I hit play it said all my progress would be lost 'yes or no', hitting 'no' threw me out and hitting 'yes' took me back to the very beginning. I don't play these games in one hit so can the devs fix this problem please. I'm playing on Windows 7 Premium.

posted in Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower on Dec 4, 16 5:45 PM
Based on the completed game. I enjoyed this game as it's logical, some games you have to use very odd implements to go further and need the hints for what to do next. I also loved Louis and his sense of humour plus the mini games weren't too complicated for my old brain to work out - in fact some of them were really easy. As always, try before you buy.

posted in Amaranthine Voyage: Legacy of the Guardians on Nov 19, 16 2:40 PM
I usually love eipix games but this one is really disappointing. Great graphics and reasonable storyline but, oh boy, having to hit the 'continue' button constantly, all the extra back and forward and so many games and puzzles just took away from the enjoyment. Also, the range for picking up an object is so small that you can touch it a few times before you hit the right spot. As always, try before you buy - you might have more patience than this old lady!

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower on Nov 12, 16 12:18 AM
Not a bad game but not as creepy as Maze: Subject 360. Graphics were great and the scenes mostly bright and clear. Worth a try.

posted in Dark Chronicles: The Soul Reaver on Oct 7, 16 9:34 PM
15 minutes into the game and the 3rd hidden object! Give me a break, I like a game I can get into, not having my enjoyment of the story broken every few scenes. Not a buy for me.

posted in Witches' Legacy: Dark Days to Come on Aug 28, 16 4:42 PM
Absolutely love this game! I found myself chuckling out loud at the ferret and had to stop and buy. From the size of the download it could be quite long and I love the fact that the demo was the full size so that in buying the game, I didn't have to reload. Well done devs and Big Fish.

posted in Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten on Aug 8, 16 10:33 PM
Hello melodyjaice, just stumbled across your query while clearing out my game manager. Tune of Revenge came out first in 2013 whereas Prophecy was 2015. Hope this helps, Lyn

posted in Black Swan on May 3, 16 4:06 PM
This could be a great game with beautiful music but everything is so small! The cursor, the writing and the symbols were so hard to see with my old eyes. Also, the hint is slow to reset plus who incorporates a click penalty these days - especially when 2 or 3 clicks are needed to pick an item. Sorry devs and Big Fish, no buy on this one.

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart on Dec 14, 15 6:56 PM
Just finished the game and I enjoyed it despite the occasional gore. Strange ending though, didn't quite get it, also very abrupt.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life on Dec 5, 15 2:41 PM
A good game, not very long but not too much running around either. Very different types of puzzles. Well done again ERS and Big Fish, keep them coming!

posted in Dark Dimensions: Shadow Pirouette on Nov 14, 15 6:51 PM
I can't get through to page 3 of the diary. The hint button tells me to close it but everywhere I go the message 'I've done everything I can here' comes up. Has anyone any suggestions please, it's driving me crazy.

posted in Mystery Tales: Alaskan Wild on Sep 27, 15 11:50 PM
Played for 15 minutes and could be a good game but the skip button doesn't work. Will wait to see if it's fixed.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator