Posts created by dalaenadm

posted in ReignMaker on Jan 13, 15 7:29 AM
Farmers, workers, etc. will be automatically assigned to the correct building, and they will help you create your raw goods more quickly. You don't have to do anything with them besides purchase them.

With the troops, you have to add them to the troop box when you're gearing up between battles. Once you are in battle, click them to deploy them. They will only stick with you for one battle.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

posted in Tower of Elements on Mar 3, 13 4:47 PM
Have you leveled up your Excellency and Mastery spells? It's very important to do so since they make ALL of your missiles (except the Void ones) much more powerful. Just making matches is the easiest way to kill something, so make sure it's leveled up.

posted in Tower of Elements on Dec 3, 12 7:33 PM
If you can, leave ONE of his guards alive. That will keep Thargor from summoning more to get in the way of your magic bolts.

Your magic bolts is what comes out of the tower when you make matches. You get them by making matches.

You didn't miss anything!

(Make sure, though, that all your Masteries are trained up in your Spellbook under Masteries as much as you can.)

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 22, 12 10:39 PM
mythlady wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have much money to buy items -- is there a way to go back to an earlier level to earn extra money? I have been short of money the whole time. I wonder if it would be possible to have a key that would pick up money, because I seem to be very slow at that.

I use Sandblast a lot early on, and I use it every time it's up. I miss a lot of the coin on the right side of the board, so I have to get it by making matches. Sandblast and grab all the coins and gems on the board!

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 22, 12 10:37 PM
Hi, Jo!

To use the spells, you need to see the row of icons (buttons) underneath the tower. There will be little pictures, and you can put your mouse over them to see what they are called. These are your spells. To use them, you need to "charge" them up by making matches. These work like any typical match 3 "powers" that you get as you play, and they do similar things like blowing up specific types of tiles or blowing up entire rows at a time. Don't let it confuse you just because they're called spells.

You use the spells the very same way you use your gear, by clicking on the picture and clicking somewhere on the tiles. The first four spells that you learn only destroy a specific type of tile, and it only destroys one block.

You train spells by using your "experience points" (XP) that is gained from killing monsters, much like the gold. To train your spell, just click on the square with the green border around it in your Spellbook (same place you buy your gear, but on the left side). To train it, just click on it, and then click on YES when asked if you really want to train it.

If you have empty spell slots, your newly learned spell will automatically go into one of these slots, and you can use them when you're playing the game. If you don't have an empty one and you want to use a new spell, just grab the icon with a drag click and drop it anywhere else on the page. It should disappear. Now grab the icon from your spellbook (click on the picture and hold it) and drag it to your empty slot. Now your spell is loaded, and it will go into the match 3 game board with you.

Now just treat these like any other match 3 special powers. You charge it up by making matches. You click on it and then on a tile to use the spell.

Let me know if this helps. If not, I will try to help more.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Nov 21, 12 11:51 AM
What board are they disappearing on?

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 20, 12 10:45 PM
I switch my spells depending on what level I am playing. For early boards, I have Healing Well, Sandblast, and Gale. Then I play with whatever other 3 are already in my tray. It's those first three that really matter, and I use Sandblast every chance I get to start stockpiling my coin.

Later on, I use the following spells:

1) Healing Well - I hit this as soon as it recharges if I have taken damage.
2) Gale
3) Earthquake
4) Firestorm
5) Hurricane
6) Tsunami

I stagger the last 4 in order to make sure that my lanes stay clear so that I can look for coin drops. If the poop really hits the fan, then I just unleash them all right after each other. You can get some massive death and destruction then! Then I work on recharging them as fast as possible.

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 20, 12 10:39 PM
Save the turtooms! Save the tower!

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Nov 20, 12 9:48 PM
It's always a toss-up with any outside program that helps you cheat the game. Most "cheats" are developer codes that have gotten out either by a company leak or people going through the code.

Patches and updates usually address these.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Nov 20, 12 9:46 PM
There are quite a few things that time out in the game. Everything that drops from zombies or plants will time out eventually, so pick them up fast. That's definitely part of the game!

If you have plants disappearing, you might be facing monsters that can one-shot kill certain plants.

If you have zombies that are disappearing, that's a good thing!

If you have parts of your screen disappearing, then you might have a technical issue.

Good luck!

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 20, 12 9:44 PM
Mythlady, have you trained up your Excellencies (under Masteries)? They make your bolts much more powerful, and they should help you beat up the boss. Make sure that you use your swords and such to do extra damage to him when you need to do so.

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 20, 12 9:41 PM
Do you guys have all the scrolls yet?

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 20, 12 10:48 AM
Hi, ArthurC,

I want to make sure that you are clicking on the right place. There's a line of squre buttons underneath the Tower. At the beginning of the game, these will be empty. They also have a corresponding number, 1-6. You should be able to use your keyboard, too.

If the spell you are using is "Gust", that can only be used on an air rune. (That's the cloud-looking one). So, you would have to wait until "Gust" is charged up by making matches. You can tell that it's charged up when it's fully colored. Then you click the Gust button (or hit 1) and then click on a air rune (cloud tile) to blow it up, just like you did in the tutorial.

When your spells are not "charged", they will be dark. As you charge them up by making matches, you can see the button in the bottom tray (under the tower) start to fill with color. When it is fully colored, you can click on it to use it. To change spells, just drag the button out of the bottom and fill it in with the picture in your spellbook.

Sometimes, a rat or a bat can sneak through and be beating at your tower without being noticed. The green health bar at the upper left hand of the screen shows you your tower health. If that is going down, you have something beating on your tower. If you are sure you don't see anything, take a screenshot and report it! I haven't seen this yet, but it could be a technical issue and BFG will help you solve it.

posted in Rune Stones Quest on Nov 20, 12 10:40 AM
I did NOT complete the 1 hour demo, but since I love Match 3 games, I tried to do so.

Things that I enjoyed:

1) The initial graphics were beautiful. Having said that, the board tiles were horrible!
2) The actual match 3 part worked fine.
3) The quests were very easy to understand and accomplish.
Unfortunately, there were a lot of features that I did not like.
1) Though i said I liked some of the graphics, other graphics were terrible. I wonder if this was some sort of mobile port because the tile graphics were overly simple, flat, and pixelated.
2) There's no matching during a cascade. If you get a good cascade, you sit there and wait for it to finish.
3) There were no rewards for big matches early on in the game. Maybe they come later. I didn't make it to that part.
4) There's very little in way of explanation as to what I was doing. Now, it's a match 3, so I know that I'm matching. My problem was knowing what I was trying to accomplish overall.
5) Once I clicked on a tile, it stuck to my cursor. This is completely a personal thing, but I don't really like that at all for my Match 3.

I was sadly disappointed by this one. Again, some of the graphics were GORGEOUS, but the board is what I have to look at most. I wish they'd spent a little bit more time on it.

-----

This was my initial review. I read in someone else's review that the flat tiles actually look really good on a 3D screen, but I didn't even know that it was a 3D game. That wouldn't have changed my game-play issues, but I wouldn't have had such a problem with the graphics.

Maybe the developers could allow players to pick "modes"? Maybe it was in the intro and I just missed it. I'm not sure.

posted in Bejeweled 3 on Nov 18, 12 9:05 PM
I own the other two Bejeweled, too, and I will definitely add this one to the mix. I love the new modes and the unlocking that's available in this game.

For me, all match 3s are not made the same even though the basic mechanics are the same. HOS games mostly all work the same way, but they all have different stories. I find that to be true for a lot of match 3s. Bejeweled 3 and Puzzle Quest are both match 3 games, but they are very different from each other.

Then again, if you don't like match 3 games very much, then they probably all seem pretty much the same.

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 18, 12 8:52 PM
snoozanwillow wrote:I must be totally stupid but I have no idea on how to kill the first boss???

Snoozan,

Make sure that you train your excellencies under mastery as high as you can. That makes your bolts more powerful and will take down the boss fast.

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 18, 12 8:51 PM
ArthurC,

Your spells are on the bottom left-hand row, and your gear is on the bottom right-hand row of icons. Your spells affect your match 3 game board, and your gear affects the monsters on the battlefield.

The Gear icon opens your options menu, so you don't need that unless you need to exit the game or want to look at your profile.

Okay, so with the spells, you need to charge them up by making matches. You can move the icons around in your spellbook, but when you're actually defending your tower, just click on the spell and click on the appropriate tile on the board. (Some of your early spells only affect certain types of runes.) I like to use Healing Well (you just click that when it's filled up), or Gust (just click it and it blows back your enemies).

The absolute best spells to train are your Excellencies and Masteries (under Mastery). These just make your bolts more powerful, so you can knock down monsters faster.

To use your gear, buy the item by clicking on the coins to the LEFT of the item in your gear book. To use them on the board/monsters, just click on the icons at the bottom, and then click on the monster you want to affect. If you are using Dummy or Barricade, put it on the ground BETWEEN the monster and the tower. Same with grease. It will deduct one of your items, though, so make sure you stay stocked up.

The good news is that if you got to level 39 without using any spells or gear, then you are an amazing match 3 player. I don't use spells or gear either until about level 60 or 70, so you don't have to use gear or spells. You can just defeat boards faster and more safely if you do.

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 18, 12 4:17 PM
Good luck, mythlady!

Don't forget that the Void (purple) runes can't be upgraded, so try to use those only if they are easy matches.

posted in Tower of Elements on Nov 18, 12 4:16 PM
Sweetie,

Where are you stuck? Perhaps I can help you.

Have you trained up your masteries? That will help you beat your foes much faster. Make sure that you are definitely playing on easy mode, too!

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on Nov 17, 12 9:29 PM
You really do need at least 1 extra person hired in order to get the gold.

You'll notice that there's a pattern to what gets ordered and when, so you can prepare for it. At the beginning, you have tons of time to abandon your desserts and drinks while you prepare big burgers with all of your people, and stick them in every available holding spot.

Make sure that you serve hot burgers only in order to get a little bit of extra money. In this board, every little bit counts. You really have to milk it.

When people start ordering desserts and drinks, put two people at the serving trays, and then put two people at the dessert and drinks station until you get everything filled. Then move 3 people back into the burger topping stations and one person making burgers. Pump out a ton of burgers, fast!

If you follow that pattern and make sure that you pick up all the tips, you will be able to beat the board on gold level with plenty of time to spare. Remember, don't hire more than one person because that will put you too far behind to catch up on the coin.

Always sell as many hot burgers with ketchup on them as you can! Get that extra little bit of money!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator