Posts created by BrideyFearn

posted in Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed on Dec 9, 12 11:50 AM
Um, me too, up to date computer.

Given that the same problem has been described by so many players, wouldn't that be enough information to start with?

I'll uninstall and reinstall, but I think I'll wait a few days before reinstalling. I'll watch for the fix.

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 25, 12 8:47 AM
I bought the game immediately because I loved the series (though I wasn't as crazy about The Goblin Kingdom}.

Bummed.

The minigames seemed to be numerous and not my personal favorites. I wanted to get on with the story and got stalled again and again to play the same stuff over and over. i finally gaveup and skipped most of them, and danged if I didn't get an "award" for playing them without hints!

There was no ending.

Great graphics, as usual, but honest to Pete -- END THIS! PLEASE! I don't want to have to buy the next endless installment.

posted in Reincarnations: Uncover the Past on Jul 22, 12 4:42 PM
I hate this game. I got the SE and I am having hell's own time trying to make sense of the game.

I played the other Reincarnation and enjoyed it, so I don't know what went haywire. All I know is that I'm floundering, badly, and that is not something I'm accustomed to
doing.

I'm going to finish, one way or another, but I have skipped every single damned puzzle in the Venice chapter. I just want it to end so I can dump it.

It looked great. I enjoyed the first three levels.

However, the fourth level sucked. I hate plants. I hate steampunk. I hate the living bejabbers out of laboratories, junk heaps, and pseudoscience.

Consequently, I shall not finish the game. I can't get past the bad graphics, strange clues and crappy, icky laboratory settings.

Of course, since I dumped a large coffee over three weeks worth of work this morning, I may be feeling just a tad stressed.

Seriously, though, I won't finish the game. I hate laboratories.

posted in Spirit Walkers: Curse of the Cypress Witch on Jun 1, 12 4:27 PM
Ah, me. Another free game down the scuppers.

What weight?

I am very very frustrated. I can't dig a hole for the beans; the rock is in the way. I can't put the pot fork on the other rock; it just keeps going back into inventory. Forget the pot.

I have tried this every way I can, and no go. I turned off the custom cursor, which had up to this point behaved beautifully, but no go.

Am I supposed to whip up some magic C4 to get rid of that rock? Is there some magic spot that will recognize the proper utensils? I went into the strategy guide, too, and there is NOTHING that is helpful.

HELP!!!!

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 12 4:47 PM
I raided my bank account and bought it. Well.

Great graphics. Okay music. PITA strategy guide, which has been addressed by others.

I, too, would have preferred searching for something other than keys, and one of the days I'd love to be issued a crowbar at the beginning of the game and keep it throughout.

I'm going to be tweaking my new laptop because I'm having some issues hanging onto things (I ended up using the sytem cursor), but I'll finish it.

I'd give it four stars at this point. And yes, it is SO nice to not be in an asylum or creepy hospital. A creepy town has a lot more wiggle room.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on May 18, 11 5:55 PM
Due to many personal issues, including knee surgery and being unable to get to the computer, much less sit at it, for several months, I am late getting to this forum.

I loved the earlier MCF games, and began to notice (for me) a rot set in after Ravenhurst. I like a little bit of silliness and sunshine in my games, and the trend to darker and grosser games (I am referring to cockroaches; I can handle the scorpions) is not uplifting. I persevered, however, and will admit Dire Grove was a great game, if not entirely sunny.

This, however, is a real pill.

"Casual" gaming is just that, to me. I don't like depressing scenery, or truly dark plots, or games with glitches, or puzzles that require more running around and brain work than my job. Perhaps I should stick with match 3? No. I want a format that allows me to exercise the brain, but not have to stretch it around some arcane puzzle a fiend in human skin thinks up. Good for you, smart person. I've solved many of the freaking puzzles. However, at the end of a long day, in the middle of moving and all the rest of boring adult life, map grids in Roman numerals are the outside of enough.

The cannon puzzles were the last straw. I truly don't care anymore. I'm sick of the damned rain. I'm sick of the story, which seems a little weak. I'm sick of the choppy execution. Hell. I think I'm sick of the MCF franchise.

To generalize the rant further, what is the fascination with vampires and the undead? Is there no sunshine in this world? Are we doomed to casual gaming involving rewriting history, fairy tales, Victlorian literature and anything else to depress us?

Okay. I'm 58 years old, never cared much for Victorian literature beyond Agnes Grey and am probably a fluff bunny to boot, but I can't handle the rain, the fog, the swamp and those damned cannons. The glitches I could get past, eventually, but being depressed enough to even think about opening a vein to end it all is Too Much. I'm sorry I wasted a game credit, and sorrier still that a fun series of games has gone to sturm and drang. I think I'll go play some Spider solitaire and Cheer Up.

posted in Awakening: Moonfell Wood on May 1, 11 2:24 PM
After all kinds of issues that kept me from the computer for MONTHS, I finally got back to it and caught up on games.

I loved the The Dreamless Castle, but Moonfell Wood went on far too long and with no resolution. I don't have a lot of time for games, and when I play, I want a beginning, a middle and an end.

Once again, I have to look forward to a long trek.

I, personally, don't like to play dark games on a regular basis. This was a nice mix of dark and light, but it seemed endless and I was very glad to get to the end of it. I ended up skipping most of the puzzles in the root chamber area because I was so tired of it.

Can't there be a game with some FUN?

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Apr 23, 10 1:35 PM
I loved the game but hated the ending. I'll play it again to see if I did something wrong -- it definitely worth another play -- but that ending was a real letdown.

posted in Nora Roberts Vision in White on Mar 21, 10 6:14 PM
I quit when the trial version ran out.

One, I didn't care too much for the book, but I didn't see the next Dream Day Wedding installment on BFG yet.

Two, eh. The **** part was challenging enough, and the games were okay, but not engaging.

Oh, well. Actually, I didn't care for that particular installment of the Vows quartet. I didn't much like Mac; the others are far more interesting. I might think about trying it again, and maybe buying it just to finish it, but I think I'll hold out for Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia.

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 15, 10 8:47 AM
The heroine definitely fell into the too-stupid-to-live category.

The graphics, er . . .

The storyline stank.

As for the fixing up? I get a large charge out of the Yard Sale series, and have actually picked up a few ideas.

This game blew on all levels, and it was a waste of a game credit. Live and learn.

I enjoyed the game, brief as it was, right up to the very abrupt ending.

Excuse me, but shouldn't there be more in the way of explanation and closure? I would occasionally like to see whoever is responsible for the nastiness get his or hers, and this just didn't cut it.

It isn't exactly a waste of a game credit, but I hope someone issues a rebuild with a little more meat.

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child on May 22, 09 4:04 PM
After the heck of a time I had with the last Dream Chronicles game, this was something of a mixed blessing.

I never thought I'd say this, but the puzzles were far more challening in the second Dream Chronicles. These were easy, and the game was short.

That said, I hope there's a fourth. I'd like to find out what happened to the Fairy Lord, and just whose child Lilith is carrying.

posted in Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars on Mar 7, 09 12:31 PM
I'm glad I read the forum and waited until the new build was available. It saved a great deal of frustration.

I have to say, though, that the graphics were inconsistent and the continuity was, well, crap. Otherwise, it was a pleasant way to waste Saturday morning.

I know every single game can't have the quality of the Mystery Case Files label, but it would be nice to see more an attempt.

posted in Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water on Feb 1, 09 5:57 PM
[/i]I, too, was playing with Windows Vista, using a Logitech trackball.

It didn't get any better on reinstall. Again, [i]caveat emptor.[i]

posted in Coyote`s Tale: Fire and Water on Feb 1, 09 9:26 AM
The floating mouse problem is infuriating, particularly in timed mode.

I've had the problem on other games, but not to this extent.

I bought the game, because it has some good stuff, but when I've wasted five minutes of nine trying to get the [expletive deleted] cursor on the object I found immediately, with eight other objects to go, well . . .

I'm going to sacrifice my progress, uninstall, make sure everything is updated, and then try again.

I'm not a happy camper, though.

posted in Natalie Brooks: The Treasures of the Lost Kingdom on Jan 24, 09 8:49 AM
The game seized up on me twice; once in the Leaning Tower of Pisa and twice in the Brooklyn Bridge.

Also, usually when that happens I try to use Task Manager to get out. With this game, TM came up briefly, and then the frozen game flashed on and I had to bypass TM and log out.

It's too bad, because I was enjoying the game, more or less. I find it sinister that the bugs didn't appear until I had decided to buy it, about 3/4 of the way through the demo.

Grr.

posted in Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies on Jan 17, 09 10:35 AM
Lies. Ha!

I used a game credit because I was trying it out and my trial ran out in the middle of a puzzle. I couldn't let THAT happen. I should have, though.

I won't ask for my money back, because caveat emptor applies. Next time, though, I'll read the forum first.

The hints are useless until they fix the glitch.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator