Posts created by BossBrat

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Apr 4, 10 3:33 PM
I meant to post my comments on this game before now, but have had a terrible cold, so I was too busy sneezing, lol.

I LOVE this game. I'm on my 3rd play-through. It doesn't matter how many times you play it, the game is always fun. It's a combination of build-a-lot, virtual villagers and classic hidden object. You have goals to meet, but no timer to stress you out. I had one more game to buy to fill my 2nd punch card and glad this worth it.

For those of you who have trouble with some hidden objects, you can leave the hint button on and it will flash on them after a few seconds of inactivity. Be forewarned, though, that all of the hidden objects have to do with feeding people, being able to use fire, or for making objects needed to build like ore, wood, etc.

EXCELLENT GAME!

Boss Brat

posted in Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic on Mar 29, 10 1:40 PM
This game ran great on Windows 7, but, that said, this is one of the most irritating games I've ever played in my life! The voice of the main female character was worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. "That's not it's intended use." No worries, I won't be 'using' this game - ever! The tasks were silly, at best, stupid being the word I really want to use. Hidden objects way too easy to find and finding trading cards in cigarettes really took the cake, lol.

posted in Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse on Mar 22, 10 9:32 AM
WOW! For the first time, in a long while, an interesting storyline! It actually made sense! I thoroughly enjoyed this game and look forward to the next chapter!

I agree with some of you that the things you had to 'find' seemed to be located in the same sort of places in every scene: drawers, walls, floors, etc., but I actually felt like I was on the adventure myself! It was great fun.

I'm 50 years old, so I've seen a LOT of games, bought a lot of games and been disappointed in MANY games as well. This, however, was not a disappointment and I definitely give it 4 out of 5 on the Brat Scale, lol!

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect on Mar 6, 10 11:05 AM
Thanks for all the input. I did buy the game here and it still shows as The Time Ripple. Too bad. I was hoping I had somehow overlooked the 2nd game in the series when it came out. "sigh"

posted in Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect on Mar 6, 10 12:24 AM
The 2.99 deal today is Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect. I purchased one called Flux Family Secrets: The Time Ripple. Are these the same games or two different ones? I don't even see "The Time Ripple" listed on the games, period, only "The Ripple Effect." I'm SOOOO confused. Does anyone know the answer to this question. You may send a pm or answer directly to the post. TY in advance for your help if you know the answer.

posted in Epic Adventures: La Jangada on Feb 5, 10 2:34 PM
A little 'oops'. I said adobe reader, not adobe flash! Sorry

posted in Epic Adventures: La Jangada on Feb 5, 10 2:32 PM
As always, different games require different things. My answer is always the same: make sure your java and adobe reader are CURRENT. Just go to their sites and find out. I know for sure [the java website] has a link you can click that tells you immediately if you have the correct version.

Also, if you DON'T have the current version, go to add/remove programs and remove all previous versions and updates of java before you install the new version. Sometimes the new version won't 'kick in' if the old versions and updates are still being used. This will not harm your computer in any way.

Hoped this helped a little.

posted in Million Dollar Quest on Jan 25, 10 3:25 PM
Played enough of the demo to determine that I liked it. Reminds me a lot of Mushroom Age, which I enjoyed. It sure beats the heck out of the stuff that's been coming out lately and all those 'rip off' games like E.A. Poe, which was a waste of money since it was SHORT! Nice to find something other than a HOG these days on Big Fish, too! Thought for a while they were gonna have to change their name to HOG FISH, lol!

I agree with most of the reviews. The game was ok, but I wish I would have played the demo before purchasing it. Kinda wasted a game credit, but that's my fault for not reading the reviews for the 'collector's edition'. I will, from now on, however, wait for reviews and find out the length of a game before purchasing it, as spending hard earned money for about an hour and a half of clicking is really not something I want to do again. Looking forward to Virtual Villagers 4, which is at the 98% complete point according to LDW! Happy new year, everyone! It's 2010! Can you believe it?!

I agree! The 'tour' of the studios was nothing more than a comical farce that left me feeling cheated at the least. If I had known all the extras in the game were actually nothing different, I would have waited for the regular version. Enjoyed the game, though.

Downloaded and played the introduction! AMAZING!!!! My computer does not meet the specified requirements and I HAD NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER! WOOHOO! (memory about half of specified amount, and 1.8 Gh) I am loving this game!

I know, I downloaded early, shame on me, lol, but I couldn't wait! You are going to love it, I promise! Had to stop playing for a while, though. Eyes getting tired. Wanted to just pop in here, though and let you know that it's awesome!

WAY TO GO BIG FISH! ANOTHER WINNER!!!

(I did get an access violation when I clicked out of the game, though. Man, I hope it loads again. Took about 10 minutes to download - DSL)

It seems pretty simple to me: if you feel 'cheated' at the 19.95 price, wait until the 6.99 version comes out. I learned as a child that life is not fair and that some things matter and others don't. Buying a game the moment it's released is not a matter of life and death, lol. I personally, am going to buy the CE version and my family will probably have burned turkey on Thanksgiving, but that's just me! JUST TEASING. I won't burn the turkey. In fact, it takes me all day Wed. and Thurs. to cook 1 meal, so I'll be lucky to get a few minutes in for playing as it is.

I hope you all thoroughly enjoy MCF: DIre Grove and that it meets up to all our expectations! And, if you buy the CE version or regular version, you're still getting an early Christmas gift! Happy holidays everyone and have fun playing those games!

I thought it was a rip to have to pay full price for the collector's edition, then realized that I pay full price for other games on other sites, so this is no different. I LOVE MCF - all of them! I cannot wait until Wednesday. Hope the turkey doesn't burn while I'm playing, lol!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

posted in Superior Save on Oct 19, 09 7:54 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. Not even going to waste my time downloading this one.

posted in Gemini Lost on Oct 14, 09 3:21 PM
This game is great! It's the same concept as Virtual Villagers, but much better in my opinion for several reasons:
1. Your children actually LEARN when they go to school.
2. Your adults get married and have children without having to drop them on top of each other. (That inbreeding concept bothered me in VV, lol)
3. Your people let you know when they're hungry, sick or tired.
4. Just the right amount of potions (remember the million stews in VV 2 or 3?)
5. You can milk the fuzzles, cute little purple creatures they are.
6. When you get ready to leave the game you get 3 options then and there: normal, slow or pause and an explanation of which you should use depending on your next planned use of the game.
7.Not only can you grow wheat, you can build a mill and turn it into flour and later on a bakery to turn it into bread.
8. You don't have to leave the island until you are ready.

DOWNS:
1. Doesn't take very long to complete all the tasks in the grand scheme of things.
2. Can't change their clothing.
3. Have to basically wait for a wedding once your tribe gets big to move the tombstones from around the science table if you have a lot of scientists working there. Almost impossible to get them all out of the way to **** that tombstone. OK, I know. No biggie. Just like my tombstones to be where I want them, lol.

All in all I actually PREFER this game to the first 3 Virtual Villagers and hope the next VV is a lot more interactive.

posted in Build-a-Lot 4: Power Source on Aug 13, 09 9:10 PM
I bought BAL 4 and wish I hadn't. I played the free hour from HipSoft and had no problems whatsoever with it. Then, after I bought the game from BF and started playing I felt like I was playing a 'watered down' version or something. The game is jerky and drives me insane! I have only played 1 or 2 levels a day since buying it because it is so slow and jerky at times. There have been many posts on problems on another thread, but no one has given any answer to what the problem is or how to fix it. Funny that there was no problem with the HS version but there is with the BF version. I just wanna play my game with no problems, sigh!

posted in Build-a-Lot 4: Power Source on Aug 13, 09 12:54 AM
I played for the free hour with a download from HipSoft and had no problems whatsoever. I don't have many problems since purchasing it from BigFish, but have noticed the game is rather 'jerky' at times, meaning it slows down and jerks around. I did not have this problem whatsoever with the HipSoft version, making me think there might be a little 'glitch' in the BF version.

posted in Create A Mall on Aug 2, 09 6:26 PM
That happened to me once. You need to contact BF and let them know and write down the name of the trojan horse. It's not really a trojan horse, but some anti-viruses pick them up. That happened with my McAfee and it deleted the TH's automatically. They realized it was part of the BF file, and corrected it, but it was too late for me. I had to download almost ALL of my games again. There were so many games, though, that I just downloaded the ones I still thought I might play.

I know this isn't a lot of info, but I think contacting customer service is your best bet. But, again, know the name of the TH before you chat with them or email them. Chat is obviously the best choice, of course.

BB

posted in Aveyond: Lord of Twilight on Jun 24, 09 11:50 PM
Aveyond: Lord of Twilight is the 3rd in a series of Aveyond games. I bought the first 2 and loved them. I would much rather spend 12 hours playing a simple RPG that only cost 7 bucks, than spending the same 7 bucks on **** that you can finish in 2! NOW THAT IS A TOTAL RIP OFF, PEEPS!

posted in Righteous Kill 2: Revenge of the Poet Killer on May 24, 09 12:13 AM
I actually have a customer service rep. working on this problem and still no solution, though he's off for the holiday, which is great - we all need time off. I just hope he can find a solution because I have the latest updates of EVERYTHING. Funny, I have no problems with DVD's or any other games that I own that have cut away or 'movie' scenes. hmmmm Well, I'll just wait until Tuesday and see what they figure out!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator