Posts created by JB4510

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 9, 13 7:25 AM
Okay, so the only way I could really get these to work is to convert them to Google Docs Spreadsheet, which if you are at all familiar with Excel, is pretty similar. The one thing I couldn't fix is the way Google creates page breaks, so I've made a separate doc for each category (otherwise it's just a big huge mess). The other thing I had to do on some is change "1a" to be a plain 1 and 1b to a 2. If you see a level 2 in a mini-game, that is actually just 1b.

Please feel free to insert comments directly on the doc. We especially need info on LEVELS within Mini-Games and HOS Locations. For example, the poor person trying to get a Brontosaurus stamp on Game 7 in Phil's Stamps. How many times, at meaning what level (i.e. 6 out of 20), does the reward appear?

Last but not least I am sure there are likely mistakes or types in some of the separate categories. Please do point them out so I can correct them. Thanks!

Master List By Item, Alphabetical:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPbaOxgWSCndFdmSmxIRVlEUTJkRlhOS0l4TktPbUE&usp=sharing

Mini-Game List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPbaOxgWSCndGVRWmtSeTk3T0lpQmF1VjRqWDFES1E&usp=sharing

Bronze Collection:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPbaOxgWSCndFF2TzFoMkxSQTlJQWkzWHlUeF92c3c&usp=sharing

Gold Collection:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPbaOxgWSCndGxTakNBSzM4by11bGNpa2gzNmdNbEE&usp=sharing

Platinum Collection:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPbaOxgWSCndHpXUjFKZElkTXRET1I3dzhyS1h1dWc&usp=sharing

Silver Collection:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPbaOxgWSCndHJ4NzlONmR3Z0VFRUx3U09vNk55elE&usp=sharing

Complete Database:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPbaOxgWSCndFIwZFlXMk42SlBONGt0cDNYS2JKUWc&usp=sharing

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 7, 13 2:59 AM
This has occurred for me as well. I've isolated the problem to playing PSM twice in a row. The first time I play it is fine, if I go to another city and attempt to play in PSM immediately after playing the first, it crashes. If I exit the game and re-open it is fine. Also, it appears to be okay if I play a different mode between the PSM scenes, but I don't like taking that chance so I only play one PSM before exiting the game.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 7, 13 2:54 AM
I have isolated the issue to only occurring when attempting to play Picky Shopper Mode (PSM)immediately after having played the same mode in a different city. Now I try to remember to look at the mode prior to entering a city. If I have already played PSM, I close the game and re-open prior to playing another city in PSM and it works. I was doing good at this when my kid interrupted me and I clicked a city without checking, entered PSM and sure enough, the game crashed. (Right after I had purchased a food resource for 29 gold bars, of course.)

This is really frustrating, especially if one is using a timed resource and is attempting to play quickly in order to make the most of the resource. Please have someone fix this. And perhaps give me some of my gold back that I have lost!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JB4510 wrote:It just did it again. Different HOS but exact same issue. I play one HOS in "Picky Shopper Mode" successfully, then I go to another. The game crashes on what I believe to be the last item. I lost 102 energy, all the items from the first HOS as well as the second. My Achievement list still shows me as having played Picky Shhopper Mode two times when in fact I've played it four times today alone.

JB4510 wrote:Have been playing for a month with no problems, Win 7 64bit. Today game crashed on an "App Hang 81" while playing a HOS.

I had just added 140 energy and was in the process of playing "Picky Shopper Mode" using the resource that provides 20% reduction of energy used..

Upon restart all of my energy was gone as was my Resource, with no rewards, coins, etc., nor did it register as having played Picky Shopper Mode. I understand things randomly crash on Windows but when it takes items I've paid for, such as the energy and resource being used, it is rather frustrating.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 5, 13 11:28 AM
It just did it again. Different HOS but exact same issue. I play one HOS in "Picky Shopper Mode" successfully, then I go to another. The game crashes on what I believe to be the last item. I lost 102 energy, all the items from the first HOS as well as the second. My Achievement list still shows me as having played Picky Shhopper Mode two times when in fact I've played it four times today alone.

JB4510 wrote:Have been playing for a month with no problems, Win 7 64bit. Today game crashed on an "App Hang 81" while playing a HOS.

I had just added 140 energy and was in the process of playing "Picky Shopper Mode" using the resource that provides 20% reduction of energy used..

Upon restart all of my energy was gone as was my Resource, with no rewards, coins, etc., nor did it register as having played Picky Shopper Mode. I understand things randomly crash on Windows but when it takes items I've paid for, such as the energy and resource being used, it is rather frustrating.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 5, 13 3:41 AM
Have been playing for a month with no problems, Win 7 64bit. Today game crashed on an "App Hang 81" while playing a HOS.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 4, 13 1:34 AM
Thanks to BlahBlahBoo I hope to have the primary collectibles list completed (now it's just a matter of formatting) and posted this week. I'm planning to include how many resources each mini-game requires and now I'll be adding at what level the item is received. I'm getting most things after four tries, sometimes on the first.

I wonder if using hints or timing has anything to do with it? I've noticed, especially on stamps and leaves, if I take a long time or incorrectly select the wrong stamp, or use a hint, I don't get the item. That could just be coincidence though as it seems gameplay varies greatly amongst players.

ladyblingbling wrote:5 times now - 7 x envelopes for the brnto stamp - still not got it - and now there are no other quests other than that one - can't move on.

boo, hoo...

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 3, 13 3:47 AM
Does anyone know if you use a resource for bonus coins (such as 50% for 30 minutes) if that applies to cashing in collections that provide coin rewards?

I have several collections ready to cash in for coins, but I only have one hummingbird resource, which doubles coins earned for 30 minutes. If I use the Hummingbird prior to redeeming the collections, will it double the coin rewards as well?

Thanks,

Jacki

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 2, 13 5:09 AM
Updated! Thanks!

TigerLily1979 wrote:The Brontosaurus USA stamp is the reward in Phil's stamps 7 just to add to the amazing lists!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 30, 13 2:37 PM
Update: Bronze & Silver Collections are completed by Item and Mini-Game location. Will update with HOS locations soon. New URL for updated DB is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9PbaOxgWSCnTHk5TG0zV29WSFU/edit?usp=sharing
-------------------------------------
JB4510 wrote:Okay, I've never used this before, but supposedly you can go here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9PbaOxgWSCnSlBzdklCUmYtdTg/edit?usp=sharing

to view and edit the database I have started. It is not complete, so by all means please feel free to add what you have discovered.

The goal is to have all items listed in a Master list sortable by: collection, reward, location, level, resources needed. Please don't delete the columns! You can download it to your computer to rearrange however you wish.

Note: This is a work in progress. It is two Excel spreadsheets that become merged into one when viewing through the above link. The first is the unfinished Master list. The second is just a list of items and their location/level. The goal is to merge the second list into the Master list and vice versa.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 29, 13 11:35 AM
I too started over and was doing really great. I had 90 Gold Bars and $15k in coins. I was only doing Quests and all of a sudden I was down to 13 gold and a couple hundred in coins (much like real life!). If I don't get back up soon, I think I'm going to start one more time and skip the quests that cost a fortune, like 20 bars to adopt a pet and $14k for a new fountain.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 29, 13 9:18 AM
Okay, I've never used this before, but supposedly you can go here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9PbaOxgWSCnSlBzdklCUmYtdTg/edit?usp=sharing

to view and edit the database I have started. It is not complete, so by all means please feel free to add what you have discovered.

The goal is to have all items listed in a Master list sortable by: collection, reward, location, level, resources needed. Please don't delete the columns! You can download it to your computer to rearrange however you wish.

Note: This is a work in progress. It is two Excel spreadsheets that become merged into one when viewing through the above link. The first is the unfinished Master list. The second is just a list of items and their location/level. The goal is to merge the second list into the Master list and vice versa.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 28, 13 9:52 AM
Hello Friends,

I started a new game, so I will be re-adding several of you. Still accepting new friends as well.

Social Code: 404-4574

Thanks,
Jacki

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 20, 13 10:32 PM
Karixma & BlahBlahboo: If you (or anyone else) send me your lists I'll make a searchable database and upload it for everyone to find.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 20, 13 4:50 AM
I'm on level 16, and I haven't spent any real money. I was/am totally in love with this game until I read about all the bugs.

One thing I have done is replay certain sites & mini-games repeatedly unrelated to quests in order to gain XP, resources, etc. Dumb me thought getting all five trophies would be a good thing.

So now I only have maybe four to ten levels to go before I run out of quests and I will certainly master the first three sites before then (Mine, Doll Shop & Junkyard).

I'm wondering if I should just start over now, knowing how everything works, rather than playing until I get permanently stuck.

Any opinions/Advice?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 20, 13 4:31 AM
Thank you!!! Wow, that was a lot of work on your part. Just wanted to be sure you knew how much some of us appreciate it!

Thanks again.
Jacki

karixma wrote:I think this will be a great resource. I have collated the info from the MINI GAME Collectibles -- LIST thread here. Please help me add to it. I am slowly listing all the items, I started on the bronze list today. (I typed all this up & posted it last night, during site maintenance. It disappeared.)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 20, 13 4:13 AM
Great thread! I am "ikcaj", code is 404-4574

I play once a day, in the mornings only. I'm very laid back, love to share, not competitive. I completely understand if you can't accept for whatever reason, no hard feelings at all.

Thanks,
Jacki

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 19, 13 4:18 AM
dlite6101 wrote:This is not an auction rip off question..... I just need to know why I get "bid error" , or " there was an error in your bid." I have the bid at or above the last bid, or I have hit the close out price tab and got the same message. Any Ideas what it could be? Thanks for any and all help!

I have the same problem. I only just now completed my auction house and am simply trying to complete the quest of making a bid. I have plenty of coins and am trying to make a bid above the starting price in auctions that have quite a bit of time remaining. I understand people may be also bidding at the same time, but in that case it seems I should receive a notice that my bid is not high enough, not 'Bid Error". Very frustrating and now, ready this thread I'm hesitant to buy something if I'm not going to receive it.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 19, 13 4:13 AM
I have only just now completed my auction house and am trying to complete the first quest of bidding on an item. I am trying to place a bid higher than the starting price but no matter what I do it says "bid error". I have enough coins to cover my bid. I am still searching the Forum on this, but this thread was the closest I found to my question. Thanks.

posted in Royal Envoy Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 13 4:44 AM
Katarzis wrote:Hello! I have Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on my brand new laptop (with win 7 and directX 11), and it is running perfectly. Since I love that game I've also purchased Royal Envoy Collector's Edition, but I just cannot get it working on my computer. When I start the game from the Game Manager I hear the sound of the game, but I always get a totally black screen. Can you tell me what to do? I've also tried to run it in Windows XP compatibility mode, as you've suggested on the Help Page, but it doesn't help, I've got the same result. Thanks in advance. Kata

I have the exact same problem. Neither the SE or CE of the original game will display on my Dell Win 7 64bit PC. It is EXTREMELY negligent of BF Tech staff to simply tell people to update their drivers. My drivers are up to date because I am computer literate. Many people are not and terrible things can happen to PCs when a person attempts to enter diagnostic mode or download drivers without knowledge of what they are doing.

There is nothing wrong with my drivers, display settings, etc. There is something wrong with this particular game. Specifically, the game has not been correctly updated to run on newer computers. Quit telling people to fix what isn't broken and either get Playrix to fix the problem, or post a LARGE notice that this game does not work with newer computers.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator