Posts created by siberlene

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 15 1:16 AM
In the HO scenes I just don't understand how the items are scored. I've often come over 100,000 points short of my high score, even if I finish the scene in 30 seconds. Sometimes it takes me much longer, yet I get more points. Huh?

I've tried to group items together, such as taking them in the order of their appearance, or taking items that seem to go together, or taking them if they're grouped together in a corner or area. I've tried alphabetical order whenever possible (which isn't often) and I still fall short.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 17, 15 12:52 AM
I'm fairly new to the game. I have no idea how to invite a friend (even with the codes I found here) or how to request a friend although one person found me. How that happened, I have no idea.

My code is 442773

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Mar 9, 15 12:47 AM
...Nevermind...

It worked this morning..

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 26, 15 2:33 PM
50plusgamer wrote:If you go to boomzap the tell you to ask Big Fish but Bog Fish seems to be saying ask boomzap! I suspect the whole thing is a matter of simple business economics. Boomzap are in business to make a profit and they will only have so many developers their priorities will be new games which bring in more income so AK has to wait. Of course that's only my opinion.

You're right. It's not a money maker anymore so why should they bother? They have moved on to the next game and AK is on the back burner, if it's on a burner at all.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 11, 15 12:24 AM
silver_hawk wrote:some even have multiple user accounts on their computer and started a new AK game on the alternate users.

Oh I would love to start at the beginning of a second game, having learned so much along the way. I would play it differently the second time around. The beginning of the game, for me, was a learning curve and I know I did many things wrong.

But I'm on Level 72 on my current game and I'd sure hate to mess things up by downloading a second game on the same computer. Has this been an issue with anyone that you know of?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 9, 15 12:08 AM
WOODLAND1954 wrote:
I FIND IT VERY INTERESTING THAT BFG IS NOT COMMENTING ON QUESTIONS OF NO UPDATES NOR ALL THE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE AMOUNT WE GAMERS HAVE TO PUT OUT IN COST OF DIAMONDS & COINS. I THINK THERE IS A REAL REASON BEHIND THIS. THEY DO CALL THIS A FREE GAME, WHICH MEANS A "FREE" GAME. NO ADDED COSTS. IF IT ISN'T, THEN THEY SHOULD COME CLEAN & SAY " THE GAME ITSELF IS FREE, BUT TO CONTINUE IN CERTAIN AREAS, YOU MAY HAVE TO DISH OUT MONEY." SINCE THEY HAVE NOT SAID THIS, TO ME THIS CONSTITUTES "FRAUD" IN THE HIGHEST SENSE. SURPRISED THAT NO ONE HAS SOUGHT LEGAL RESTRAINTS ON THIS COMPANY & ITS DEVELOPERS IN A BIG WAY. I SUGGEST THAT ANYONE WHO HAS COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS GAME, LAY OFF OF IT FOR AT LEAST THREE MONTHS & SEE WHAT BFG DOES. THE GAME WILL STILL BE HERE BUT BFG WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY MONIES. MONIES THAT PEOPLE GIVE TO CONTINUE THE GAME. NO MORE FREE GAMES. NOT WORTH IT!!!

It's a free game. If you are impatient (as I was before I got the hang of the game) and decide to spend real money (as I did before I learned patience) it is your choice. It's not fraud. It was your decision (and mine). You certainly can progress in this game without spending a dime.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Feb 3, 15 6:26 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

I just wanted to pop in with a little more information as I see that the subject has cropped up again.

As mentioned, in November it was announced that Big Fish Games had been acquired by Churchill Downs.

The biggest change to come from this is, actually no change at all.

Churchill Downs Inc. acquired Big Fish because they admire and appreciate the games business we’ve built to date, and wish to see it remain intact and grow into the future.

This acquisition does not change the quantity nor quality of games we will be bringing to Big Fish fans across all of our platforms, nor does it change how we will continue to engage with our customers.

You are the reason we built this company. Big Fish, which will remain known as Big Fish, is even stronger now and here for the long haul.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Well, that's a nice positive outlook but the fact is you cannot say "the biggest change is no change at all" because nobody has a crystal ball. If CHDN has to, say, revise their business plan to meet the requirements of the 3 year term I can certainly see big changes here.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jan 17, 15 11:48 PM
It's a free game. How can it be a scam?

It works fine for many people. There have been a few glitches for some of us but BFG always does what they can to help and resolve issues quickly.

Don't sweat the small stuff. It's a game. Have fun.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jan 11, 15 5:30 PM
Angelfish16 wrote:Hi,

Think mine is 45 hours. Is everyone's the same?

Maybe I looked wrong. That seems to be an unusual amount.

Angelfish16

Yes, it is 45 hours.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jan 6, 15 12:28 AM
PseudorcaMom wrote:I am having the same issues as Goosesgander. Started a few weeks ago - just kept logging in over the default Steward new game, but now I can't get in at all. All the quests and my Exp/energy have reset, but my correct coins and crystals are still there. Contacted support, but so far have just received auto reply saying they'll look into it later. I'd hoped today's update would fix it, but it didn't. ?

We had an update today?

As for the auto reply to your problem, that's standard. When I had a bit of an issue I also got the auto reply but a very short time later received an email with a case number. I found tech support very helpful. She went above and beyond which I sure wasn't expecting. I was more than pleased with the resolution.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Jan 5, 15 12:19 AM
This is a free game, after all. They are gifting us with updates on a fairly regular basis when they really don't have to. I'm sure they had a plan all along otherwise there wouldn't be "soon to come" areas. Let's just give them time.

There's plenty to do between updates. Although I've finally fed the dark chest 1,000 times, I have not yet completed a single mini game in it's entirety. Each mini game area must be played 750 times and it takes a while to get the items required to play them. So, there's lots to do.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Dec 30, 14 12:50 PM
Whew! Finally fed the beast 1,000 times. It was worth the reward of 200 crystals, plus the Hermit left a wee gift too.

I had to cash in a lot of items in my collections and play a lot of mini games to keep on playing but now I can power up and get a lot of it back. Unless the chest gets hungry after the next update, I think the chest is satisfied with 1,000 feedings.

Edit: I read elsewhere that the Hermit gave a gift at Level 70. I think now that the extra gift I received after feeding the chest was for reaching Level 70 and not because the Hermit was proud of me for feeding the chest 1,000 times. It all happened at the same time.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Dec 16, 14 3:36 PM
Whoops. Nevermind. I logged out immediately after I posted and just now logged back into the game. My reward was waiting for me.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Dec 16, 14 2:25 PM
Well, I just installed the December 16th upgrade and have already encountered a glitch.

It asked to register the game with email and password to receive 10 crystals as a reward. Did that, got no reward.

I haven't tried the other new things yet but sure could use that reward.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Dec 9, 14 12:24 AM
I'm all for adding new games. However, I wouldn't want to see the difficulty level raised. For me, this is a game to play so I can wind down and relax and enjoy the time spent. Raising the difficulty level only adds pressure.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Dec 3, 14 10:35 AM
Personally, I don't mind waiting. Better they get the programming right before they release it. The last update had a few issues. Besides, this is a free game. They don't owe us anything. We really don't have the right to demand updates on a certain date.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Nov 26, 14 12:33 AM
The Achievement was for 500 feeds for the reward of 100 crystals and the counter stopped at 500. Although it won't be for an Achievement, I have a feeling more slime or stones will be required somewhere down the line. But for now 500 is the goal.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Nov 20, 14 12:43 AM
I found them much easier once I figured out the formula. I don't know why I didn't pick up on it sooner. At first, the numbers meant nothing to me.

I realized that when there are numbers such as 5, 2, in one row it means that 5 are grouped together and two are grouped, always with spaces between the groups. When it shows "I I I I" it means that each one of the four is separated by spaces.

If a 7 shows in pattern that is 7x7, I fill them in first and working off that, the rest just make sense and fall into place.

These are now my favorite puzzles. Well, I like the string ones too. Don't much care for the card games because I find them boring.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Nov 13, 14 7:08 PM
Level 60 isn't a milestone, if that's what you're thinking. I'm on Level 63 and can't even remember when I last had a quest. It was several Levels ago, though. All I've done is play to keep feeding the chest and now that I've earned my reward for feeding it 500 times, I still have no quests.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Nov 13, 14 1:00 AM
Well, I've finished the Chest task. Fed it 500 times, got my 100 crystals as a reward. I thought new things would open up once that dreary task was completed, but I still have no quests.

Now what? Just keep playing mini-games?

I don't understand why people are feeding it 700 or more times. The Achievement was to feed it 500 times to get the reward.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator