Posts created by gobaba

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Feb 2, 17 8:36 PM
First time I played, the scalpel disappeared after one use. On resetting the game, I also got stuck at picking up the bracelet. It kept telling me to do it again - no bracelet. Also game crashed twice. Think I'll delete game till a patch is available. I use WIN 10.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Ancient Bane Collector's Edition on Jun 1, 14 7:29 PM
Rats. I'm in next to last chapter and the skeleton won't accept the piece of amber for his ring.
Well, it seems I usually get glitches when I'm almost through with a game, not just with Elephant Games. I really love EG, so no hard feelings.
I'm using Windows 8.1, which I despise.

Tell EG I really love the game otherwise.
Guess I'll delete and re-install for another day.

posted in The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition on Nov 25, 12 10:04 PM
Once I got used the expert mode of system cursor and no changes for areas of interest, I got into it, and liked it mostly for the different way of approaching HO scenes, adventure play, and the 8 tasks at the end. I do hard core adventure gaming so I'm cool with the totally different approach and high level of challenge.

What I liked about the storyline is the mystery behind the old lady's motive. It made it more than just another werewolf tale.
Nice illustrations, good atmosphere, and sound effects, narration better than average.
Animation could be crisper, but overall I liked the game.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 9:26 PM
Thanks for the tip cuz I have seen a single morph yet, but haven't done the mine yet.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 9:24 PM
Thank you, finally got wire puzzle to work, but it's very finicky about where it will attach.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 6:26 PM
I'm stuck thankfully early in the game at the warden's house. The outdoor fuse box. I've installed all the missing wires but nothing responds to my cursor. I can't move the wires in place. What am I doing wrong?

posted in 1 Moment of Time: Silentville on Jun 18, 12 6:21 PM
I down-loaded the patch, and have a different problem. The game says I need to take the axe out of the stump by the woodsman's house, but though it highlights at a distance, up close the cursor doesn't recognize it and won't pick it up.

Tired of this, moving on to another game without history of glitches. Call me when you get ALL the glitches fixed.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 18, 12 7:31 PM
No thanks, I've found all the umbrellas, horseshoes, candlesticks, and mushrooms I care to. This is pure adventure and I love it. There's a multitude of games with HO scenes and this is a nice change.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 16, 12 3:18 PM
Re-dl'd game and got the bookcase next to trophies to work on second try--good!

Pipe puzzle was glitchy. Even though I had the correct solution, it would not acknowledge it. Had to wait for Skip button (long time in expert) to fill and finally got out of it.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 15, 12 1:34 PM
Rats, Rats, and double Rats. I'm in Glitchville--again. I'm upstairs in the house where the shelves with trophies are. SG says to click on right side of shelves to get a puzzle piece and diary page, but cursor won't highlight that area. Totally ignores it. So I am stuck.
I've lost count of glitchy games from BFG. Looks like this is one of those rare moments when I'll actually re-dl it, cuz I love pure adventure games. But I'm sick of this. Who does QA for these games anyway--howler monkeys?
At least I'm not in the last ten minutes of the game....Drat

posted in Malice: Two Sisters on May 9, 12 1:40 PM
I also lost the three colored glass vials. Since ppl here have re-installed the game with the same problem, I'm not going to do it. Have you ever noticed that game-stopping glitches always happen in the last 20 minutes of the game, and never the first 20? I'm going to hold out for a patch for awhile, and if it doesn't happen, I'll get a refund. Too bad, b/c it's a good game o/w.

posted in Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition on Apr 1, 12 7:19 PM
vanda150 wrote:Completed the portrait puzzle by restarting with a new profile and taking and placing the pictures one by one from the inventory. Completed the game with no further issues.

I'm going to try this but I'm not happy about redoing the whole bloody game.
Thank you for the tip.

posted in Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition on Mar 29, 12 10:41 PM
Elizabeth's portrait is stuck on the side of the family tree and won't move, drag, or click.

posted in Syberia - Part 1 on Mar 6, 12 1:00 PM
Better go snap up other Anuman properties before they get edited with a chainsaw, like Post Mortem, Still Life, Still Life 2, Paradise, and Sinking Island.

I call BS to the file dl being too big. I've seen CEs that were over 1gb, and nobody wanted to make them 3 parts. Anuman is just being greedy. Pah!

If you see Syberia III, it'll prolly be a stupid ERS iHOG.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Feb 15, 12 5:15 PM
yes it's in the lower right corner of the inventory screen. You can go back and forth from 1st and 3rd.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Feb 12, 12 6:36 PM
Thank you, I'd be staring at the door forever otherwise.

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 13, 11 12:11 PM
NM, I missed a step.

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 12, 11 7:31 PM
I'm just at the village and the SG says to go to the library and note the "hole in the floor". There IS no hole in the floor. Am I supposed to dig one? Or have I been glitchified?

posted in Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition on Nov 28, 11 10:28 PM
We heard you the first three times.

No, wait for the SE. The only bonus game is morphing objects in the journal. There are two unclickable tabs which keep track of how many you find. Once you find them all, you get two free hidden object scenes, one of which is prolly a teaser for the next MCF game.
You can find a better walkthrough elsewhere. Too bad BFG is too proprietary for me to name where.
The SE is enough, and maybe it'll have less technical issues.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator