Posts created by fstar

posted in Shattered Minds: Encore on Jul 1, 12 4:36 AM
I think this is a 5 star game. The demo was over and I didn't even realize I had been playing that long. I purchased the game and continued playing for about another hour and only completed the first chapter and there are 3 more. After looking at the walkthrough it looks like it'll be a nice long game for me. I am not a fast player and would rather take my time and figure it out then go for a hint. The game is different then recent games as it is not a "dark" game. The graphics are superb they are crisp and clear. I had the music on low in the background and have no complaints about it. The voice overs are good there aren't very many mostly from the deranged magician. I must be really enjoying this game because I continued playing it after I purchased it even though I have about 30 games I need to play yet that I purchased with some of the great sales we've been getting the past few months.
One thing I didn't care for was the arrow down button to change locations was a little to high up into the playing area. But that's nothing really to even complain about.

I finally figured it out thanks anyway.

I'm in the dining room of what the map calls "the lonely house". I'm stuck trying to figure out the sequence of the 4 locks on the china closet. I unscrambled the picture I just can't figure out the locks. I've been working on them for an hour now. A solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!!!

I have DSL and my D/L install etc took less then 4 mins. Not bragging, just saying..

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town Collector's Edition on Jul 10, 11 2:11 AM
So far I'm liking the game. I didn't think there was a lot of hand holding in harder mode. I got a quick look at the strategy guide before the dmo ran out and it only showed what you would need for the demo. I didn't use it so I don't know what it's like but it's easily accessible right at the top of the page you don't have to leave the game scene you're on. I think it's the best because it's so easy to get to.

The graphics are amazing didn't seem to be to much in the line of mini games so far. But the game really looks interesting and not all dark and gloomy so far. No bugs, spiders, snakes or creepy crawlies so far anyway. For a change of pace. There is a mystical being of some kind, making time stand still, but it's been rather low key and only made a few quick appearences so far.

Unless the bonus play is exceptional I'll wait until the regular game comes out. Because after all the main games are exactly the same all I would be interested in is the bonus play. I've spent way to much money on some CE's because I was impatient and wanted to play the game right away only to find out the bonus game wasn't worth the extra $7.00.

posted in Foreign Dreams on Jul 8, 11 3:14 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:This is a weird game. Not to say that I don't like it, but I can't say I do like it. I had to adjust my screen setting to get full screen, that's always irritating for me. The graphics are dark and foggy. It's simplistic in it's game play and yet difficult also. I'd say give this game a try. I think it's a mediocre game. I don't think it's for everybody. I would only buy this game at DD,COTW. I wouldn't pay more than $2.99 for it. I wouldn't even use a punch card. But I will get it one day, just not today. It's kinda depressing. But like I always say, it's always good to revisit a game another day as our moods change.

I rate this game: "PORK BELLY"

PORK BELLY:
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.
‘ ‘
(o)

Miss Lisa, I couldn't have said it any better then you did. I agree with every thing you said (except I didn't have to adjust my screen). lol

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 11 1:04 AM
It took me exactly 4 mins to DL & Install this game. Weird how it varies so much for different areas.

posted in Dreamland on Jun 8, 11 6:00 PM
purplemist wrote: Liked what I saw of the graphics and found the **** scenes fine ..though a few items took a little looking then I remembered I didn't have my glasses on

I had to laugh when I read that, I thought I was the only person that has happened to. I'm glad I'm not alone.

posted in Elizabeth Find M.D.: Diagnosis Mystery, Season 2 on Jun 3, 11 1:47 AM
I have a 24" wide screen and the game filled the entire screen. Maybe it's your PC? It worked fine on mine.
Not very many games fill the entire screen. I don't always care for the entire screen filled, I sometimes get a slight headache and sore eyes because sometimes the way the game is so wide I have to keep moving my head & eyes back & forth so I can find everything in a HnO scenes.
Not all games that fill the entire screen do that just a few. I've even had to play one game in windowed mode because it was so bad. (wish I could remember the name of it) Anyway...This one was OK as far as that went. I'm thinking I might buy it as soon as I get some idea how long it is.

posted in Detective Agency 2: Banker's wife on May 4, 11 9:17 AM
If I was missing (and a cartoon) I wouldn't mind having James look for me with Michael helping him.
For Cartoon guys they are really, really cute. Or is it just me ?
Okay I think I just confirmed my husband has been on the road to long. LOL

posted in The Secret of Hildegards on May 3, 11 4:14 AM
.......Straight Hidden Object Game. That's what it advertised as. It's not a HnO adventure etc. game. We should remember also there are people new to BFG and they maybe aren't ready for the types of games most of us are playing now. I started HnO games when that's pretty much all there was a few years ago. I was thrilled with them. Then the games started to slowly change and now look where we are. But if my neighbor decided to join BFG I don't think she should start out with "Shiver Vanishing Hitchhiker" . So someone new might start with a HnO game and grow from there. Some people, not all, that start right out with something "stronger" might get frustrated easier with the game and find they're to confusing & hard to play. And then get a bad taste for these games and miss out. So we should review & make comments on the type of game it is and not on the type of game we play.

I recommend this to anyone new to these types of games. Although the little mini games don't have any instructions so you may wind up having to skip them if you can't figure them out.

Think about just about every TV show's Season Finale has an ending that keeps us on the edge of our seat until the next season. I get really upset the way they end some of the shows especially when we have to wait to see (for instance)who got killed etc., Cliff Hangers
So I guess some games are going to do that too. TO BE CONTINUED.........

They just better not take forever to continue it.!!!

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 1:24 AM
Maybe they're not going to have the special "all games $4.99" like they usually do on a holiday, like Mother's Day.

It would probably work out for them money wise about the same.

Did you notice that every thing in the HnO scenes are time specific. You weren't looking for a cell phone etc. just seemed like a lot of nice antiques and old stuff. wouldn't mind poking around through those rooms.
Graphics were pretty decent too
I was just chanting the spell over the mom when the demo ran out. I used the hint button once and didn't use the Guide so don't know anything about it.
Does saying the Voodoo stuff bother anyone? I doubt it's real but I don't read it when the words come up.
I don't know if I'll be buying now cause it'll screw up my card by one punch. I have 16 for the month already. It's weird I try to keep the punches even for the month but I need 2 more but it doesn't look to promising.

posted in Amanda Rose: The Game of Time on Apr 27, 11 3:20 AM
Is it because you're not in the states that the download is taking so long? It took me less then 5 minutes to d/l, install & start playing.

I liked being the limp little star fish It went rather well with my name & then I morphed into some ugly little thing that looked like it slithered out from a seashell. But now I'm a lobster which is better. Just don't be bringing me any butter.

I can't wait for for the new Snark Busters.

posted in Amanda Rose: The Game of Time on Apr 27, 11 1:57 AM
Wow, I'm a Lobster. I hated what the other creature I was before this looked like. I don't even remember what it was called.

Wouldn't it be neat if we could post a pic of ourselves in our profile ? This way you could put a human face to the fish face.

posted in Amanda Rose: The Game of Time on Apr 27, 11 1:52 AM
That's what I should be doing a "TRIED IT LOG" Same thing happened to me went to start the game and there was my name. Didn't remember playing it before. I continued where I had left off before (I guess, I don't remember) it was at chapter 7. I finished up the chapter vaguely remembered the game so I started it again w/new profile. Each chapter looked familiar as I played it. I got to chapter 6 again.
It's an okay game not sure if I'm buying it though.

The graphics are amazing, nothings blurry at all. The talking (reading) part I didn't like but you could hit the next button and go thru it pretty fast.

I just looked at the WT and i'm about halfway thru. I didn't like the game enough to be buying it after all there's not enough game play left. If it was a game I really really liked then I'd buy it the length wouldn't bother me as much..

ALLISONCOOK
You can't access the Bonus Play or Extra Play until you've completed the entire game. Then there's usually a link to it on the Main Menu page.

posted in Dark Ritual on Apr 26, 11 1:49 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
paradoxno1 wrote:Downloading now at 78 percent

Did you hear about the new movie "Constipation?"...
It hasn't come out yet.

Oh, oh, oh....it hurts!!! Bad fishies...

You have to admit it was funny.

PS I already downloaded mine.

posted in Dark Ritual on Apr 26, 11 1:46 AM
Cat4636 wrote:Yeah, I'm done with junkpile hidden objects, too. If I need, say, soap, I'll go look in the bathroom, the kitchen, the laundry room, the grocery store. Scissors will be in the art supplies or the sewing kit or the kitchen junk drawer. So if I'm supposed to find some scissors, put them in "box" of art supplies that have to rummage in. NOT coins and onions and rubber ducks and whatever else.

I love when you have to look for a bar of soap in the fountain you just drained.
I know these games are not the easiest to make but I wish they'd pay a little more attention to the content of the objects we have to look for.
This game did have excellant graphics and the objects were not the run of the mill pictures but come-on a cigar in the fountain.
I still like the game will possibly purchase if it's not to short and the punch card will allow..

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator