Posts created by HotTuna

posted in Knight Solitaire 2 on May 27, 15 7:00 PM
Well, I have enjoyed this little game a lot. I like that there aren't a lot of special power-ups and do-dads. It's not crazy fast, or even timed at all. A nice way to settle in for a few minutes.

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on May 15, 15 4:16 PM
I'm missing ONE crate and 2 stars

posted in Monument Builders: Cathedral Rising on Mar 1, 15 2:29 PM
Yep- it will not acknowledge the workers I've recruited. I'll try deleting and re-installing, but it doesn't sound good. How are they still listing this buggy game for sale?

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Elements on Jan 20, 15 2:38 PM
I worked myself into a hole on one of the match 3 games- can't make a match from that corner at the bottom. And there doesn't seem to be a way to skip the puzzle. I can exit, but I don't get the puzzle piece. Need a power-up! (but they don't have them in this game)

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull on Nov 29, 14 4:13 PM
Yep, it worked- I left the wood to the right of home base until the last pit needed filling.

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull on Nov 29, 14 4:05 PM
Farther down the Forum there's another post on this topic. Don't collect all the wood, there's a limit to what you can store. I'm going back to try this hint now.

posted in Risen Dragons on Nov 7, 14 2:45 PM
The recurring tutorial is a real bore. Since you have to go back to get enough starts to upgrade the dragons, I wish they'd give me credit for remembering how to play!

And has the glitch with skills been fixed? All I see are promises, no posts saying it's fixed!

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Feb 21, 14 3:25 PM
Me too. Can't stand to play any more of it because of the slow cursor. Rather irritated, I must say. I was enjoying it through the demo, then it got bad.

posted in King Oddball on Jan 7, 14 2:52 PM
I'm loving this game. It's simple, but not always easy! I'm rarely patient with games I have to repeat levels multiple times, but I'll happily play one level for quite a while with this one. And laugh at myself a lot, too. Three 'airocks' again!!! Anyway, I think you should give it a try for the hour.

posted in World Mosaics 7 on Nov 3, 13 7:25 PM
I still love these games. The story is really bad, but who cares? The blue push pins are a slight problem, but not enough to ruin the game for me.

The bonus games open up after 'x' number of levels, there's no particular achievement that I'm aware of to open them.

posted in Trade Mania 2 on Oct 26, 13 3:21 PM
OK- I quit. I'm deleting this game. I really enjoyed the first Trade Mania, played it many times through and was looking forward to this one. but I've been on the first city for well over 4 hours now and am no where near finishing off the second competitor.

Plus, the wheel frequently covers your next move, so you can't tell whether you want to use a move card or not. I like the game to be at max zoom out, but it won't stay that way. Really bummed, but I do have other things to do with my time.

posted in 4 Elements on Oct 24, 13 4:31 PM
Aha! No wonder I was able to finish! I deleted this game years ago because I couldn't finish it. After playing the new 4 Elements game, I thought I'd try this older game again. And I finished it Now I find out it's because they made it easier- I thought it might be the newer computer has a better graphic card. Still a beautiful game and I enjoyed playing it.

posted in Be a King: Golden Empire on Jul 18, 13 5:14 PM
The graphics are too small for me. I find myself hunched over trying to figure out which building is which. And having the income and food 'pull out' cover so much of the field is very distracting. I, too, have a difficult time clicking on the bonus items without opening the upgrade menu- sometimes for the building behind the bonus.
I bought it, and I'm working my way through it. But I can't play for an extended time all hunched over.

posted in Rush for Gold: Alaska on Jul 7, 13 11:47 AM
I only ended up with 20 coal- after emptying several piles.

posted in The Tribloos on May 11, 13 4:26 PM
The sound of a plucked violin string is driving me nuts. I've turned off the game sound and it still makes this really obnoxious plucking noise. I'll either have to turn of the computer sound or quit the game.

posted in Ancient Rome 2 on Mar 13, 13 2:16 PM
I'm on my third time through- yes, I've figured out a strategy and I probably won't go through a fourth time. But I so enjoy laying out roads and putting things where I want them! Yes, the fires can be annoying, and it's not very polished, but I like it anyway. I am challenged to make everything as compact as possible, even when there's plenty of room- it's just how my brain works. It's no where near as sophisticated as 'Zellians', but I think it's more challenging (although since there's no time limit). It's not going to appeal to everybody, but no game does.

(I did have to reload it to get the upgrade to save levels and decrease fires, but I've had it for a while now)

posted in Ancient Rome 2 on Jan 31, 13 5:19 PM
I've given up on some houses that won't upgrade and deleted them. Then I have to start a new village. Sometimes it seems like 5 houses makes a set for the township. Other times, more houses are OK. And I can't figure out the distance- how far does a well or market cover? Anyway, I've managed to pass level 22, just keep building resources.

posted in Spooky Runes on Dec 20, 11 7:34 PM
I bought the game, and do enjoy it at a relaxed pace. However, I would be happier with some goals or level indication. I have no idea where I am in the game- have I played half of it? Two thirds?

The graphics are well done and I find the gameplay fairly easy so far. Though it is getting tougher as I go along. It makes a good game for getting ready for bed.

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Dec 11, 11 3:18 PM
Second circle, with the gray knob you have to spin. The time between 4 and 9 is so short I can't do it. And the game has frozen up twice on this level as well. Any clues? Thanks!
OK- just saw that the arrow goes the opposite direction- Duh!

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire on Dec 8, 11 7:21 PM
That gives me hope!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator