Posts created by catehall

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Bitter Frost Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 13 7:45 AM
Having same problem with Bitter Frost that I had with Silver Tales: sound, but completely black screen. Also when playing the recent Nevertales, I had skipping black lines (fixed that by unselecting "full screen"). All problems started after the Windows 8.1 upgrade. So there must be an issue with the upgrade and some of these BF games. I did try Bitter Frost on my husband's laptop which runs Win7 and was able to play the demo with no problems.

Anyone know if Dr Felix found a fix for the Win 8.1 upgrade glitch?

posted in The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal on Sep 5, 12 3:06 PM
I just purchased game (Labor Day sale), so I guessing it's the updated version. However, I am now on this HOS and am not able to find anything to break the jar. If anyone has completed the HOS can you give me a general idea where the hammer (or whatever) is located? Thanks.

posted in Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones on Dec 12, 10 5:22 AM
Bleh! This game is a no buy for me too. First off, items were extremely difficult to find making me use the hint 3 times in one scene (the third time outside the pyramid). Also, it is annoying to have the game demo end so quickly. I guess BFG is giving us just a small taste of this one. Which is plenty for me anyway since I found it boring overall. Next!

posted in Tulula: Legend of a Volcano on Nov 16, 10 3:49 PM
After so many dark mystery themed games, I liked the pleasant diversion of Tulala. Especially since I could play it with my 3 year old granddaughter! She likes placing pieces with their matching silhouettes. Games like this every once in awhile are welcome.

posted in Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder on Nov 7, 10 12:08 PM
Even when I don't plan to buy a game, I usually play it until the demo time runs out. So I was very surprised to actually finish the game right before the time ran out! Glad I didn't buy the game first...it's way too short and I found the game a bit boring as well. Definitely not worth $6.99, maybe not even $2.99! But an easy game to play while I'm watching Sunday football...go Saints!!

posted in Jessica - Mysterious Journey on Jul 28, 10 12:34 PM
Yawn!

posted in The Lost Kingdom Prophecy on Jul 26, 10 11:38 AM
Thought I was demoing a HOG...turns out this is more of a match 3 game which I don't care for. So I'm deleting this one!

posted in Immortal Lovers on Jul 24, 10 3:42 PM
Another NO for me...for one thing I'm getting very tired of vampires! Also, I really dislike "find the difference" puzzles and this game has way too many. And in some scenes - mostly the outdoor ones - it was difficult to find objects. Sorry BFG, no sale for me!

posted in L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Jul 18, 10 12:24 PM
Tried this one for about 15 minutes and gave up. Definitely not a keeper! For one thing, my cursor moved very slowly and there was a delay after clicking on things like "Next". Also, hidden objects were very difficult to find...blended in too much with scenery or are very small. Too bad...I was looking forward to this one!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator