Posts created by Iceshark39

posted in Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic on May 27, 13 8:30 PM
The three locales are the school foyer, kitchen and storage shed. There is no one in any of those locations to talk to or interact with. I don't know how to get back to the class room to talk to the professor.

posted in Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic on May 27, 13 3:59 AM
Hello Fishies,

While I'm really enjoying the game, I am having an issue with the current scene I'm in. I have just located the three locales for the triangulation spell, applied the potion and waved the wand correctly to activate the spell...however, that being done, when I get back to the map screen the three locations are still the only ones I have available to visit and the only thing left in my inventory is the magic painting. Have I missed some other object I need to press on? HELP!

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 10, 09 12:22 AM
Overall an outstanding game! Great graphics and storyline. Really interesting premis and engaging puzzles.

However, I do have one SLIGHT problem within the trial I've downloaded and I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem, hopefully someone can help me. I've used up only 35 minutes of my trial and have hit a little snafu.

I have completed the puzzles/paintings in the foyer and have moved up to the next level. However, upon restoring that painting, when I click on it, I am taken to an animated cutscene that gives a great teaser to future scenes in the game - which seems far more suited to a game intro than something once you are engaged in gameplay - get booted from the game entirely and taken to the Big Fish order page to purchase the full version and can do no more with the game at all. I know it can't end with The Window and Witch Doctor puzzles/paintings.

I'm not given any DirectX or other system error message at all. Is this a glitch or something embeded in the game code to encourage purchase? Or am I the only one who has had this problem?

ANY assistance would be appreciated.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 21, 09 2:24 AM
Now I couldn't disagree more with the general consensus here - I think the game is fun and engaging - a little bit mystery a little spine chiller. It's games like Avayond and the like that I can't ever seem to get my mind wrapped around. While I agree the cut scenes could be a bit shorter as well as the credits, they do show some importance to the game play itself. And you aren't under any obligation to play the tutorial, but it does help.

It grabbed my attention immediately owning to the fact that is was strikingly similar to an old favorite game called Inherent Evil: The Haunted Hotel. The locale of the Manor and even some of it's history harken back to that game, details in the build of the game are identical to Inherent Evil - the foyer of the hotel, the staircases, broken steps next to the basement entry even some of the moves in the basement itself are almost the same. While I have not yet purchased the game, I will, mainly because I loved the game that it seems to have been drawn on.

It's certainly an engaging storyline and I love the graphics. But I do agree that the credits at the intro could be cut back, compressed or made to go by a little quicker. The opening dialogue, however, really does help set the stage for the game. I find it to be definately one of the more intensive puzzle/mystery games that has been offered here on Big Fish thus far. And I look forward to the future chapters/stories of Delaware St. John and will be, as with this one, eager to add them to my game library.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 21, 09 1:24 AM
Firstly, I would like to say I am DELIGHTED with this game. I've just finished the free trial and can't wait to purchase it and add it to my game library.

My attention was grabbed, almost immediately, when I saw the opening scene in the 'Manor' and I was hooked. It bore such a striking similarity to an old favorite of mine from the days before 'instant downloads' were even possible. A game called "Inherent Evil: The Haunted Hotel" (at the risk of dating myself some may have to take a trip in the "Way Back" machine for that one). One that required Windows 95/98 and DirectX 5.0 (how's that for dated?) ...or if any one has even HEARD of it!

The details in the foyer, the stairway, basement and so many other details are so hauntingly recreated I can't believe it could be coincidence. The slots behind the front desk for the safe, drawers and cupboard, the missing steps next to the basement door down to the same style of sofas and tables in the foyer and the tipped over curio on the second level walkway. Even the city where the manor was located. It was a wonderful flashback to that much loved game, and urged me to find my original IE game disk and reload it.

Having read some of the posts on the forums for this game I see that there are many more similarities in puzzles to the original Inherent Evil. The aging of the hotel and updated artwork are an absolute delight. I really like the haunting story thus far, it's not quite as dark as the storyline in Inherent Evil, but chillingly engaging.

The length of cut scenes and the opening credits not withstanding in the length of play, I think a wonderful job was done bringing this story back to life. I eagerly anticipate playing this game through and seeing just how much of the Haunted Hotel truly IS Midnight Manor.

I want to commend you for such a wonderful revival of a great mystery/horror game and I sincerely hope that you've got more of these great tricks up your sleeves!

Iceshark39~

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 21, 09 1:20 AM
Firstly, I would like to say I am DELIGHTED with this game. I've just finished the free trial and can't wait to purchase it and add it to my game library.

My attention was grabbed, almost immediately, when I saw the opening scene in the 'Manor' and I was hooked. It bore such a striking similarity to an old favorite of mine from the days before 'instant downloads' were even possible. A game called "Inherent Evil: The Haunted Hotel" (at the risk of dating myself some may have to take a trip in the "Way Back" machine for that one). One that required Windows 95/98 and DirectX 5.0 (how's that for dated?)

The details in the foyer, the stairway, basement and so many other details are so hauntingly recreated I can't believe it could be coincidence. The slots behind the front desk for the safe, drawers and cupboard, the missing steps next to the basement door down to the same style of sofas and tables in the foyer and the tipped over curio on the second level walkway. Even the city where the manor was located. It was a wonderful flashback to that much loved game, and urged me to find my original IE game disk and reload it.

Having read some of the posts on the forums for this game I see that there are many more similarities in puzzles to the original Inherent Evil. The aging of the hotel and updated artwork are an absolute delight. I really like the haunting story thus far, it's not quite as dark as the storyline in Inherent Evil, but chillingly engaging.

The length of cut scenes and the opening credits not withstanding in the length of play, I think a wonderful job was done bringing this story back to life. I eagerly anticipate playing this game through and seeing just how much of the Haunted Hotel truly IS Midnight Manor.

I want to commend you for such a wonderful revival of a great mystery/horror game and I sincerely hope that you've got more of these great tricks up your sleeves!

Iceshark39~

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator