Posts created by Dude3032

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Dec 23, 10 10:27 PM
You have to move the pieces sideways, to get away from the rock walls. Power ups will not knock the wall down.

In order to move the puzzle piece sideways, you have to have one color surrounding it. As in 2 below and 1 beside. Or 2 above and 1 beside. Or 1 above, 1 below, and one beside. Or 2 on one side and 1 on the other. I think you get the picture.

Just wait until you see day 66 -- which is my favorite.

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Dec 17, 10 4:59 PM
Lisa522 wrote:Isn't this game a great value?

I love that it's so challenging, I love that you can continue to get new and completely different levels even after you "beat" the game, love the graphics, the animations, the boards, heck even the sound effects.

Definitely THE best match 3, hands down

Hmmmmmmm. Must have a different game than I have. I'm on journey 36 (had to start over because my computer crashed). I average almost 10 lives per journey, so I have about 35 lives.

However, I don't get "new and completely different levels". Every day has the same puzzle as that day in previous journeys. I love days 66 and 81.

I love the game too. It's my favorite. Wish I could find more like it. (I'm not into decorating fish tanks, or completing cities.)

posted in Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea on Oct 19, 10 11:52 AM
sinshack wrote:The best part about this game (so far) is that they went back to the bigger boxes!!! I didn't really care for the previous "seasonal" Fishdom games because the M3 boxes were so small - not so tiny you couldn't see, but you did have to strain a bit to find the matches. These are nice and big, and based on the grid configurations in the early screens they will be very interesting to clear once I progress to the point that all the blocks are locked or blocked.

Great job! Now I have another interesting "fall back" game to play whenever the Arcade, Adventure, and Time Management fans get their fixes.

ps. Too bad they missed Easter as a holiday - I would have loved seeing the fish in bunny ears or delivering eggs!

I bought this game sight unseen because of the comment about "bigger boxes". I hated the little boxes on the sequels to Fishdom. However, the boxes on this game are still smaller than the original Fishdom --- I'm disappointed.

posted in Fishdom on Sep 2, 10 10:25 AM
Okay -- I did start over because I like Fishdom when I only have a few minutes to kill.

This newest version allows you to make another match while the tiles of the previous match are still falling. I love that.

posted in Paradise Quest on Aug 16, 10 10:01 PM
This is a "spoiler". So, if you don't want tips, don't read this post.

Okay, I just got through level 50 (and made notes, so hope they make sense).

You have a map like a bug with an antenna at both ends. The game (for me) started out on the lower left side of the bug, and a disc (or whatever you call it) is right there at the start. I call that disc 1.

Disc 2 is directly above #1. It's still in his lower antenna, but almost to his body.

For Disc 3, you travel to the right through the bug's midsection. At his belly, go down, then go left, then go up.

For Disc 4, go back up to the body of the bug and continue right. Go to his rump, and down a little. This disc is covered in vines.

Disc 5, is all the way back up (still on the right end of the bug). This right upper antenna is very long. Then at the top, it bends to the left. The last disc is there.

I never got a fertile plant to skip around the map. My vine never grew at all. So, there is no island hopping.

I hope that helps someone else.

posted in Paradise Quest on Aug 15, 10 2:41 PM
I just started playing the game and really like it. But the motion does make me "seasick". If you have a problem with motion sickness, take a dramamine before you play. lol.

posted in Fishdom on Aug 12, 10 3:12 PM
Mine quit working the other day too -- after I played it for a year. I was up to level 4600 and had over 250 million in the pot. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

When I played it a year ago, it quit two other times. Both times I had to delete and reload the game -- thereby losing all data and have to start over.

Fishdom is my go to game to kill time and relax. But I'm not sure I'll start over from scratch.

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Mar 24, 09 11:24 AM
I've just started the game and am confused (and forget) what the power ups do. I know the hammer busts one square, but what do the other things do?

Oh, and is it better to finish a scene fast (like in Fishdom), or is it better to get as many points as possible and finish just before time runs out?

posted in Funky Farm 2 on Mar 21, 09 3:14 PM
My computer froze up at the lasso portion of the game too. They need to fix the problem if they want people to buy the game.

posted in Fishdom on Aug 17, 08 11:07 PM
Question: Other than fun and beauty, is there any reason to do the tanks? I did one tank and now I'm just playing the game. On level 170 and love, love, love this game. I'm also not going to install the new version -- unless I have problems again. Just want to know if the game changes if I were to fill all the tanks.

posted in Fishdom on Aug 15, 08 9:05 PM
I'm so unhappy -- my Fishdom broke. I love this game because you don't have to mess with the tanks if you don't want to. I did fill one tank up nicely and got the trophy. After that, I just enjoyed playing the game without having to do all the extra stuff. I was on level (game) 110 when I quit last night and today it won't load. Boo Hoo.

Yes, I've contacted customer support with screen shots of the error message. Plus I tried all the "fixes", but nothing works. Will give tech support a couple of days to cure my little fishies.

I tried some of the other match-3's and can't find one I like. I read someone liked Puzzle Hero so I will look at that next. I just want to find one just like Fishdom.

Strange thing. Since I joined Big Fish less than 2 weeks ago, I've had 3 games mess up. And all of them have been match-3s. Seems very strange to me. If anyone knows of a match-3 very similar to Fishdom, please let me know.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Aug 7, 08 11:50 PM
Disregard above post. I got past it. Now I'm in a real jam. I found all the gears, found all the animals, found all the correct "triangles", opened the door, and solved the puzzle. One problem, I didn't find the blue comb in the first room, and my "gears" are gone so I can't open anything. Am I totally up a creek? I can't continue the journey.

Added later: Guess nobody is posting here anymore. Anyway, finally read on another forum that a level can be played again. So, that what I did.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Aug 7, 08 8:58 PM
Hi all, a new club member here. I'm stuck on finding page 28 of the journal, so I can't progress out of the "submersible pod" room. I've hunted for the journal page for about 2 hours. Does anyone remember where it is? It seems a shame to have collected 27 pages and have to start all over again.

Having lots of fun, but my 2nd game "Bejeweled" won't install even though it shows up in my purchased games account. Bummer. Live chat can't seem to help me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator