Posts created by Rachieroos

posted in Strange Cases: The Faces of Vengeance on Apr 10, 13 2:27 AM
I rather liked the demo and think I'll give the full version a go... it's my day off and it's better than housework!

I was a bit disappointed as they've changed the format of the tarot cards, haven't they? I'm sure in previous games you could find more than one in each HO scene so you'd usually have one list of items to find and one list of silhouetted items, and then I'm sure there was sometimes a third (perhaps interactive?) or am I going insane? That made it a little more fun.

Otherwise, it's business as usual for Claire and her useless boss who gets locked away within the first 5 minutes after being crept up on by the baddie! I thought FBI agents were meant to be harder than that?

posted in Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls on Jun 20, 12 1:56 AM
This seems to have come out rather quickly as an SE (or has time just flown by? ) Not complaining - I recall I quite liked this one and so have a PCC waiting in the wings for it if I still like it after demoing again. Hurrah for days off and playing BFG instead of being in the office

posted in Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition on Jun 9, 12 12:12 PM
I too found the bonus gameplay lasted about 40 mins, bringing my total time to just under 4 hours (I do play fast and get impatient). This length was fine for me and the game a good use of 2 credits from the half price sale

I really can't even bring myself to try this game. It sounds awful

Whatever next? An Eastenders game? Emmerdale in the hunt for the missing sheep?!

(I don't watch any of the soaps anyway so wouldn't have a clue who was who. Well I know who Ken Barlow is but his personal life is WAAAAAAAAAAY more interesting 1000 lovers and counting. Ugh.)

posted in Theatre of the Absurd on Jun 3, 12 11:15 AM
@ Aerosage - there has been a lot of discussion surrounding the CE/SE releases and the "New game every day" tag (claim). I have mixed feelings. Sometimes I think it is a little cheeky of BFG to claim that a SE of a previous CE is "new" - especially if I have purchased the CE already Other times, I am glad to see the SE of a CE that I have chosen not to buy, perhaps because to save money, or because I have heard that the bonus chapter isn't worth it. I disagree that the SE and CE should be released on the same day. One of the reasons I buy CEs is out of impatience - I want the game NOW! If the SE was released the same day, I think lots of us would just opt for the cheaper version. This may "pressurise" us into a purchase, but you can't blame BFG for wanting to keep their revenues up. I would like to see a SE released as a "soft" release on CE days as an alternative way of keeping a new game every day. I think this would keep a lot of people happy, both those who have waited for the SE and don't buy CEs, and those who have bought CEs and then get fed up of being presented with (and this has happened) 2 SEs in a row that they have coughed up $28 dollars for a few weeks ago for the CEs.

On another note, I quite enjoyed this game and will probably use one of my credits from the half price sale on it

Hia Rebeca_Lily

Thanks for your reply - the game does seem a good length.

I am off to buy Will hold you responsible if it isn't as good as promised (only joking!)

I thought the 13 pages was for 1 chap but for 2 is good

Liking this but really NOT happy when devs only put first 2 chaps on SG. I know Rebecca_Lily posted that there were something like 44 pages in full SG, but if ch 1 goes to 13 then that might not be too long. Anyone bought who can tell me how many chapters to give an idea? Cheers

will prob buy anyway,would be a sinful waste of the half price credits

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 13, 12 3:21 AM
(Sorry if this should be in the tech thread but I wanted to let people know what happened in case it causes issues for others)

I bought this game and was installing it, got to about 60% and suddenly BAM! - blue screen of death, and laptop went straight into core dump mode

Scared the living heck out of me! I restarted Win 7 and everything was fine, continued the interrupted download and seems to be okay now with the full game installed.

Just wanted to give this as a warning in case it causes more issues for other people, and flag as a particular technical download issue rather than an in-game one.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 13, 12 3:08 AM
Just finished the demo and I LOVED IT!!!

I personally am getting sick and tired of the usual ERS werewolves, evil puppets and junkpile HO scenes with irritating music (Just my opinion, I loved the first few Puppetshows but really, ERS have become too predictable and samey in the past year or so for me). Azada In Libro was OK, but still nothing brilliant.

And then comes THIS! Looks like a HOG, plays like a HOG but with no HOs. Brilliant!

I played on hardcore mode but still was able to access hints and tips, just no handholding or sparkles (don't know if there are any in the easy option to be fair). The couple of puzzles I found were typical ERS, but I confess to skipping them as I wanted to get on with the story and they aren't as easy as they look at first glance

I thought the graphics were good, the music quite creepy and fitted with the plot and background well, everything just seemed to "work" in terms of creating a suspenseful story. I am intrigued and with a mass of credits bought in the sale, I am going to have to buy this one and see what happens.

Demo finished in 40 mins but as I said earlier, I skipped two puzzles. Don't think this game will be overly long, but it does seem to pack a lot of punch for the money.

My only gripe? Widescreen doesn't work. Come on ERS, this is typical of you guys, please fix It's not a deal breaker for me but I know it will be for some people.

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 12, 12 1:27 AM
All this talk of FROGS and my slight disappointment with this game made me start replaying Macabre Mysteries: The Nightingale last night in bed

Now THAT is the old Blue Tea style that I like!!! That game is wonderful, as are the Dark Parables games (all three, but Exiled Prince I think is my favourite).

Although I generally prefer HOGS to FROGS, I do actually hope Blue Tea go back to the FROG genre for the next game, otherwise they are going to become hard to differentiate from all the other devs out there who make iHogs (Elephant, Vogat etc) and who, whilst great, IMO don't offer the same exquisite graphics as Blue Tea have done in the FROG scenes.

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 11, 12 5:02 AM
You do need to use it a couple more times later in the game but are not prompted. I just kept using it in every outdoor scene when I got stuck which wasn't very helpful!!!

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Song of the Phoenix on May 11, 12 4:56 AM
Played the demo and was surprised when my time ran out - is there not a cut off point for this demo or was I just playing verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly?

I enjoyed it. Very similar to the first SoM (Amber Maiden) but with a new environment and storyline. Typical ERS graphics, no surprises there. I think it was the same ambient soundtrack as before, unassuming and unobtrusive.

I don't usually like HO scenes using silhouettes, but as Valdy says, these are different, and fun The rest are standard (interactive) lists.

I played in the extreme mode, which almost caught me out when needing to skip a particularly irksome puzzle, but thanks ERS! - you make it possible to go back to the Options and change game mode temporarily and then switch back. I LOVE games which offer this.

The only thing I didn't like was the Phoenix ring, seemed pointless. This was a trick used in 9:The Dark Side, and I didn't rate it much in that game either.

All in all, a good little SE for those who like the ERS style games. This reminded me a lot of the first Shadow Wolf as well (as there is a wolf in it and some of the tasks are similar). If you want something different, this ain't it. If you like the familarity of ERS and the SoM game style. you'll like this game.

and a half

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 10, 12 4:52 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:I agree that this probably will be too short for me to buy it as a CE. Too bad, because the graphics were quite good.

My only problem? Who on earth would be afraid of a flute player (I say that lovingly, considering how many female flautists I've known over the years)?

I have a phobia of James Last if that helps...

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 10, 12 4:48 PM
My ideal game would be one with a 50/50 mix of FROGS a la the previous Blue Tea, and HOGs. Why hasn't someone thought of that already? Seriously, it would keep us on our toes, cater for more tastes and perhaps keep the game a little more interesting.

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 10, 12 2:09 PM
I know length isn't everything (although that's not what I tell DH!) but I found this to be shorter than expected. With a 52 min demo, I thought I was buying a 4-5 hr game. In fact, it took me - guesstimate here but I didn't start playing again until after lunch and was finished in time for the school run - just under 3 hrs. This was on hardest mode and using the SG only for a short section in the final chapter of the main game. I haven't played the bonus yet.

Whilst I loved the game at the start, the tooing and froing did get a tiny bit tedious and I think it is was rather short for the CE price. Even if the bonus lasts an hour (doubtful going on past BT games), that's still a sub 4 hr game.

For other faster/ experience players, thought this info might be useful. I don't regret buying the CE as I had nowt else to play today, but I will think more carefully before splashing out in future.

(I had started this as a separate thread but bfgSeine locked it because she felt it would be better in the comments thread so apologies if you've already read it!)

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 10, 12 11:31 AM
I only found about 5!!!! (I completed the game, I don't mean just the demo so don't worry!)I really tried too. These are the hardest MO's ever

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 10, 12 10:28 AM
I know length isn't everything (although that's not what I tell DH!) but I found this to be shorter than expected. With a 52 min demo, I thought I was buying a 4-5 hr game. In fact, it took me - guesstimate here but I didn't start playing again until after lunch and was finished in time for the school run - just under 3 hrs. This was on hardest mode and using the SG only for a short section in the final chapter of the main game. I haven't played the bonus yet.

Whilst I loved the game at the start, the tooing and froing did get a tiny bit tedious and I think it is was rather short for the CE price. Even if the bonus lasts an hour (doubtful going on past BT games), that's still a sub 4 hr game.

For other faster/ experience players, thought this info might be useful. I don't regret buying the CE as I had nowt else to play today, but I will think more carefully before splashing out in future.

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 10, 12 9:00 AM
[removed by Moderator]

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 10, 12 2:41 AM
I absolutely LOVED this demo and was completely wrapped up in it from the start.

It was a little disappointing to see Blue Tea depart from their usual FROG format - theirs are the ONLY FROGS I ever enjoy - but I am a true HOGGER so found those scenes even more enjoyable. The music, as ever, is enchanting, as are the graphics.

The raven DOES have a use in some scenes, and I think you are guided for at least the first time. WARNING: I found a spider issue/ puzzle as well as spiders in one of the HOs.

Took me 51 minutes to complete the demo and was just at the start of Ch 3 out of 6 (+ bonus). I assume the Fabled Objects in the SG are the famous morphs? I thought there weren't any as I didn't find any - but seems that's just my ineptitude at play if others HAVE found them (never my strongest point)!!!

All in all, I think this is an AMAZING game and I am off to buy asap and spend the afternoon happily playing on my day off I almost bought the Dark Dimensions CE last night but then remembered this was coming today and am so glad I waited

(I played in the hardest mode. Not recommended if you get frustrated and need a hint just to find that last elusive HO, or to skip a hard puzzle - I ended up using the SG on one of the puzzles as couldn't spare the time to faff with it and luckily I could reset it and start from scratch with the SG. )

Only criticism - in the HO scenes, some interactive objects are interactive (pick-uppable) when not needed.I suppose they are there for future HO scenes when we return yo the same area, but I wish the devs had been able to make only the interactive objects NEEDED for EACH scene pickuppable (is that even a word?!) as it is a little confusing.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on May 9, 12 4:21 PM
It's not TOO bad spiderwise, and I hate them! It's a fake ornamental one. DarkDisciple, you need to MAN UP!

The worst spider in a game EVER was the one in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock BEFORE the devs removed it. That giant thing gave me the creeps. I always shudder a little at HO scenes when I spy tarantulas. Then I just pray they are on the "find" list so I can get rid of them asap.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator