Posts created by jillaroogirl

This would be the very first time I can't be bothered playing the bonus game.

The game started off good which is why I purchased it and then it went downhill and to be honest I was bored,

posted in Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 18 9:20 PM
I bought this game and wish I didn't. I am not enjoying it at all. It's boring, the graphics are dark, collectables not clear on what to find, the map is useless...what a waste of money,

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 18 12:13 AM
Ooh. Didn't see that little twist coming!

Even though the music was a tad grating, the scenes were beautiful, the voiceovers excellent, the storyline intriguing (normally I ignore it). There were lots of tasks and mini games which for the first time I got through each one. Not sure if that means I was invested in the game or they were easy.

This is definitely a buy for me.

posted in Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle Collector's Edition on Feb 27, 18 12:50 AM
At last! A developer who finally, finally gives you something at the end from collecting coins instead of buying silly things for a house or a pet. I loved the arcade games you can play...so if you're reading the reviews, make sure you pick up all the coins otherwise you might miss out.

All in all, it was a pretty good game, though a bit too dark for my liking, as in the pictures, not the mood. It didn't really explain what happened to the kid to make her the way she was, but maybe I missed something?

The morphing objects were sometimes hard to find, the bonus play was a good length and not filled with one HOP after another as other devs do (drives me nuts).

posted in Surface: Strings of Fate Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 18 12:44 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish. So many things to do, a few more collectables thrown in which was good, some challenging puzzles, lots of different scenes, excellent graphics - the list goes on.

The only negative was the 'Secret Room' more HOPs, why would I want more HOPs to do?? A secret room should be something that you don't see in other games.

I admit besides the extra game play (and this one was a decent length) all the other items have no value/interest to me. It's either more HOPs, a gigantic HOP or replaying games you've already played.

Come on guys, think outside the box...

Regardless of the negative bit above, I still enjoyed it and think it was a good purchase.

Ooooh! What a great game! Sucked me in from the beginning. Normally I don't watch the clips or know the storyline, but this time I thought I'd give it a go and I'm glad I did!

I was so engrossed that I almost kept forgetting to look for the collectables. The fact there are 3 to find and not every scene has them makes it more enjoyable. The games were ones I've done before, but that didn't bother me.

If I wasn't on a strict budget - this would be right at the top of my 'buy' list, deal or no deal!

posted in Maze: Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Feb 23, 18 3:13 PM
As with all the games from this developer I liked it. It was a bit dark though, so dark I couldn't find the collectables, but I know you can go back to find them after the game so wasn't concerned.

I didn't get all of the morphing objects and couldn't see the puzzle in the extra section, maybe this was why?

All in all a very good game, with lots of puzzles, nice clean scenes, lots of tasks and a bit of humour.

A good game.

posted in Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder Collector's Edition on Feb 22, 18 1:09 PM
I didn't mind this game at all, but it wasn't a 'wow' game. I played it until the end purely because I had bought it.

The voice overs were good, the scenes multiple and crisp, though I wasn't keen on the many times of having to find symbols. Whenever that comes up in a game I skip it.

Overall, an ok game.

posted in Cadenza: The Eternal Dance Collector's Edition on Feb 14, 18 1:57 PM
This is a great game. Non-spooky, nice music, crisp graphics, good voice overs, interesting (often easy puzzles), not many HOPS, lots to do.

My type of game.

It's a buy!

One word.

Boring.

posted in Grim Tales: The Time Traveler Collector's Edition on Feb 10, 18 11:24 PM
I wasn't sure about this game at first and almost stopped playing after 5 mins, but the more I played the more hooked I became. There were a lot of things to do, more find things, replace things, do puzzles than HOP scenes which is my type of game.

I liked the ghost Dad popping up and now in the game and the collectables of morphing objects, figures and screensaver pieces to keep you looking for things to find.

The one thing that annoyed me in the beginning which made me almost stop was the reference of a man and a woman as nephews.

So far, the demo has me hooked, but it will be on the buy list when there is a big sale on as there are other games so far that make me want to buy now!

This one was not one of them.

posted in Noir Chronicles: City of Crime Collector's Edition on Feb 10, 18 7:12 PM
Now, this is my type of game! No monsters, scary things, a bit of a puzzle, some humour, collectables that sometimes aren't easy to fine. I love the accents.

Lots to do, lots of different scenes, an excellent game (so far).

It's a buy for me!

posted in Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition on Feb 10, 18 4:45 PM
I was originally going to say that I didn't like the game due to a few things irking me, but after reading the reviews, I went back for a second look and discovered that I could put those minor things aside and enjoy the game.

There are lots of things to do which I like, different puzzles not too many HOPS, clear and crisp graphics, lots of locations, more collectables than this developer usually provides, so I will purchase this game.

It's a buy for me!

posted in Shadowplay: The Forsaken Island Collector's Edition on Feb 9, 18 7:31 PM
This looks like a good game going by the demo. I always find that this developer has a pretty common but reliable game play.

I do wish they would change it up a bit and not always have the same collectable and morphing object in the HOS.

Regardless of this, I will add this to the list of games to buy.

posted in Shadowplay: Whispers of the Past Collector's Edition on Feb 7, 18 2:06 PM
I really liked this game. I like the developer too. The graphics were nice and clear, there were many scenes, lots of tasks, a few puzzles - some harder than others (if I played them all and wasn't so inpatient the game would have been longer), the extras were a-plenty.

All in all an excellent game for your $$.

posted in Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition on Feb 2, 18 1:19 AM
I completely regret buying this game. The only reason I kept going was because I had paid for it. I skipped so many things, the storyline, some games as I was tired of the same old same old. There was nothing keeping me from wanting to play.

I think the first in the series was the best.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 18 7:37 PM
I quite liked this game. I got excited at first when I saw there were not one but 3 sets of play, but third was a bit of a joke with regards to length and they could easily have added it to the bonus chapter.

I did like the fact I could go back and find masks that I'd missed. That is always a plus in my book.

The game play was quite lengthy regardless, with lots of things to do, multiple scenes and a plethora of tasks to complete.

Good bang for your buck.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've restarted this game 4 times now. At first it just played funny, but now I got the access violation notice and the game automatically stopped.

I can't be bothered - it's just frustrating to spend money on something that doesn't work and I buy a lot of games,

posted in Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest Collector's Edition on Jan 14, 18 2:07 PM
I really liked this game. It was nice to play something different than the usual dark games - the scenes were colourful and pretty, the story interesting, the mini games were different...though there were a too few many HOS than I like.

I liked the collectables too and that the map showed you when you clicked on 'collectables' if there was one in that location. Some were easy to find, others you had to be careful so as not to miss them. To then be able to play a game with them afterwards - genius!

Loved, it! More games like this please BF!!

posted in Christmas Wonderland 8 on Jan 12, 18 3:23 PM
I too ended up with a full screen with the inability to change the size. It also mucked up my resolution while the game was playing so the Internet was tiny, while the game was huge.

There are enough games out there to not be fiddling with just the one.

Game deleted.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator