Posts created by beckins

CE?
 posted in Lost Artifacts Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 17 7:01 AM
Fun game but nothing special. Even the write up on it lists bonuses such as "speed up work, stop time, fast run." These bonuses have been around for a long time. I look forward to the SE version as this game DOES have a relaxed/untimed mode which, due to age and ability, is just right for me. Just not enough to pay a CE price for me but for those out there looking for extended game play, this should be a fun addition to your library of games.

posted in Penguin Rescue on Apr 13, 17 12:04 PM
I wanted to start a new thread for this question but not sure how. I only know how to reply to an ongoing thread. But, the question remains the same, "Anyone know where the curling iron is?"

posted in Wave of Time on Mar 28, 17 5:22 AM
It sounds like I still have a ways to go so this is a definite buy for me. My youngest son and I play HOS games together for an hour every afternoon. I know he is going to love this one so now I have to decide if I want to play it all the way through or should I wait and play it with him once we finish our current game. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

posted in Wave of Time on Mar 27, 17 12:13 PM
I have been burned far too many times by a game that is over within a couple of hours of the trial ending. Anyone know how long this game is? I am already in the second stage which is set in the present after leaving the physics textbook in the past.

posted in Viking Brothers 2 on Mar 23, 17 7:08 AM
The problems started almost immediately. I was reading the opening story when the text would change but the picture wouldn't. Then started playing the game with the tutorial and the screen froze when I tried to click on two items in a row for the character to collect. Fortunately I was able to exit properly and then deleted the game. I was really hoping to play more than 90 seconds. I am using Windows 7 Office and all my other games are working fine.

posted in Legendary Slide on Nov 15, 16 8:31 AM
Yes I do get that this is a brain game, but...there is no enjoyment in starting a level over half a dozen or more times with the same results. I made it to level 5 I believe but, once again, there is a "hole" in the board and once your last tile goes into the hole, nothing moves. Instructions would have been much appreciated and, perhaps, a tutorial showing the kinds of moves one can make. I was really excited about this new mahjong but the excitement soon wore off once the levels became nothing more than "do over, do over, do over." This game could have been a winner but it's going in my "not a chance" file instead.

posted in Invasion 2: Doomed on Jun 17, 16 7:19 PM
Windows Office and a black screen. All these different operating systems with the same issue and still you think it is my computer's fault and you want a Dr. Felix report. My son (the family computer guy) said you have no business asking for any info on my operating system, especially since it is an issue with multiple systems. Chances are my computer does not hold the "golden egg" that leads to a solution for this problem.

How about you go back to the developer and ask them to fix it properly? This is not my computer...or her computer...or his computer. It is LOTS of computers. BFG -- you should be standing up for your account holders with the developers. With an issue this big, YOU shouldn't be trying to fix this...the developer should!

posted in Imperial Island 3 on May 9, 16 12:15 PM
jimweinberg wrote:First, let me say that this is an extremely enjoyable game, if you don't play it in timed mode. However, if you're like me and enjoy the challenge of timed mode, stay away from this game. After about level 17, the levels are not winnable in timed mode. That's not sour grapes, I've been playing match 3 games for 20 years and have gotten quite good at them, if I do say so myself. This game was written to be non playable in timed mode right around the time you decide to buy it. I've played the other Imperial Island games and this one sucks ... Again, in timed mode.

If you just want a match 3 game that's interesting without the timer, I recommend this game. If, however, you prefer a timed game. Buy something else.

I have to agree Jim. From level 17 on, the game is not winnable within the time frame allowed and yes, I reached level 17 just after purchasing the game. I will have to switch to untimed mode in order to finish the game. And a quick question that maybe you can answer Jim...what is with the ticking bomb that appears at the bottom of the screen with the countdown clock? I have clicked on it and...nothing! Can you help? Thanks for the honest review Jim. Without you suggesting the switch to untimed mode, I would have continued to play with ever increasing frustration!

posted in Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc on Mar 30, 16 10:36 AM
I can't believe I am already stuck. I need to cut the rope to retrieve the second ball but the hint button just points at the pool lady. There is nothing there I can use. I have clicked on her to move her away from the stool (thought what I needed was hiding back there) but when I click in that space, the pool lady just returns to her spot. What is she hiding? Where do I find something to cut the rope with? I have clicked all over this scene (top to bottom) and got nothing. What am I looking for? Please help.

posted in Yeti Quest: Crazy Penguins on Feb 25, 13 10:40 AM
I agree...it isn't always what you want when you get what you wish for. Yes, you can switch modes within a level but it just makes beating the level that much easier. The yeti who pops up on the sides of the screen...if you do manage to click on him fully (close does not count) he drops a few mushroom bombs on the screen. The penguins at the bottom who provide different bonuses...I know what they do but don't really need them to beat the level. The only "competition" I can see would be to play the game a second time to try and beat your previous score and time.

And after playing the full hour demo, I am already on level 31 which, if you do the math, tells me I will be done the game in the next couple of hours or so.

Doesn't have the excitement or challenge for me so it's a no buy.

posted in Megaplex Madness: Summer Blockbuster on May 19, 11 11:41 AM
I cannot find the "create new discussion" bar so hope someone sees this and can help. Every time I play in the arcade, I am unable to return to the regular game. I press MENU, then MAP, and nothing happens. I cannot cancel it (the screen freezes with MAP highlighted) so I have to "ctrl/alt/del" to end the game and then go back in to continue in regular game mode. It is becoming quite frustrating and at this pace, it may take me a very long time to finish. Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps not the correct solution, but once finished in the arcade, I return to the main menu (save and exit), and then return to the regular game. Not perfect but at least I don't have to close and wait for the game to reload every time I visit the arcade.

rhorho wrote:Poutoule, I realize the forum has many uses. I just thought the one that is titled "comments and reviews" were just for that. My bad, I guess. Still no one answered my question. Do post like these count toward the changing status of your fish?

Hardly your bad. Obviously it is mine for trying to make the point that I am cut out of reviewing the game unless I want to play an hour now and then wait who knows how long (BFG's discretion) until I get to pick up where I left off. Maybe a month. six weeks? I have been just as eager for this sequel to come out as others have been, and I don't appreciate having to wait even longer still to purchase. Perhaps this fits under "comments", more than "reviews" but no worries, I won't bother posting again.

I too loved the first EOD; I too was excited to see that "Tomorrow's game" was the much awaited sequel...but then, there they were, the words that relegate me to second class citizen at BFG, a peasant, a non-member...COLLECTOR'S EDITION.

I don't have deep enough pockets to buy the CE, so therefore I get to wait. It doesn't matter that I have been a member for over two years, how much money I have spent on the site, how much I have waited for this sequel. Fact is, with such great reviews, BFG may well decide to wait six or eight weeks before releasing an SE for the peasants.

Everyone can try justifying the CE release, but the fact remains - without the deeper pockets...I am a second class citizen who can be left waiting in the wings for as long as BFG decides. My money is only good enough when the folks from the "right" side of the tracks have spent theirs. What a lovely way to say good morning BFG...thanks for the insult

posted in Tropical Fish Shop 2 on Jan 10, 11 9:10 AM
Thanks for letting me know the length of the game. This makes it a buy for me.

posted in Tropical Fish Shop 2 on Jan 9, 11 12:06 PM
Any idea how long the game is? I hate buying a game and finishing it a couple of hours after purchase...a real waste of money.

posted in The Missing: A Search and Rescue Mystery on Dec 14, 10 1:52 PM
I just beta-tested and am also stuck in the hut. Using a hint highlighted the computer but I could not access the computer as highlighted. I had already viewed the mysterious image and had nowhere else to go. Pretty short beta-test I'm afraid. The developers definitely have some work to do.

posted in Time to Hurry: Nicole's Story on Nov 23, 10 11:26 AM
This game is very much like "Hidden Magic," which is listed in the HOG section. I have sent BF a request to clean up their categories but haven't seen any improvement. I don't even bother looking in the puzzle section because it mostly has games listed in other categories (HOG, TM, Card and Board...). I wouldn't know if there is a new "puzzle" game because I can't be bothered to spend endless time looking for new titles. Too much duplication between categories. As for "Time to Hurry: Nicole's Story" it appears that there are only six stores to work through which makes this game too short for me to waste a credit on. If I finish the first two stores in the demo that means there is only two hours of game play left to get through the remaining four. A couple more stores might have changed my mind.

posted in Mysteries of Magic Island on Oct 18, 10 7:25 AM
I have also been disappointed by length of games after purchase. While I really enjoyed Mysteries of Magic Island, I decided to check the walkthrough for the game's length. I was surprised to see I was almost three quarters through the game with 11 minutes still left on my demo. I won't be buying because this game is MUCH too short. I now regularly check forums and walkthroughs before making a purchase.

posted in Mysteries of Magic Island on Oct 18, 10 7:22 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:seems like a really well built game so far, I think it is a buy, but I don't know how long it is. That usually is the big factor for me, I bought todays game yesterday and was sorely disappointed in the length of the game and all the positive comments for it. It really wasn't all that much once played. And short.
This one seems richly drawn, multiple levels, not too much squinting, but then again, I'm only still on the beach picking up my first fire spell and burning open the chest.
Anyone know how long it is? Is it a keeper?
chris

posted in Mysteries of Magic Island on Oct 18, 10 7:21 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:seems like a really well built game so far, I think it is a buy, but I don't know how long it is. That usually is the big factor for me, I bought todays game yesterday and was sorely disappointed in the length of the game and all the positive comments for it. It really wasn't all that much once played. And short.
This one seems richly drawn, multiple levels, not too much squinting, but then again, I'm only still on the beach picking up my first fire spell and burning open the chest.
Anyone know how long it is? Is it a keeper?
chris

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator