Posts created by dmekersa

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Dec 20, 12 8:17 AM
Hi there,

Just to announce that Geisha The Secret Garden is being ported to iOS (iPad & iPhone) and Android, with brand new visuals and an enhanced garden gameplay...

Watch this space! The game is planned for Q2 2013!

(not mentioning a sequel will follow... )

David (the creator of the game)

posted in Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost on Sep 3, 11 6:19 AM
There is 2 buttons on the clock. Try to click on the buttons.

posted in Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost on Aug 24, 11 4:12 AM
Click on the painting in the corridor. The rope is behind.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Dec 14, 10 1:43 AM
Hi Cupcake57,
I'm currently working on my new game "Age Of Enigma" which will be released on BFG in March I hope. Then, I planned to work on Geisha 2, and Geisha 1 on iPad
Thanks for your support.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on May 7, 10 8:13 AM
@indianabeth
Restart the game until the bamboo tiles (shown at the bottom of the map screen) are with high values. This is randomly choosen by the game engine, so if you start the level with low values tiles, it doesn't help

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on May 7, 10 8:11 AM
It means that a screenshot was saved in your "pictures" forlder.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Mar 25, 10 8:02 AM
The value (1 to 9) for "coins", "bamboo" and "kanjis" tiles are randomly chosen by the game for each level. So, if you got "low value", it can be very hard to reach the objectives. Every time you restart a level, you have some chance to get high values, so be patient.
You have "Time out" because you use to much of time to reach the objectives. Learn to play fast, use the right click to accelerate tiles. Good luck.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Mar 25, 10 7:59 AM
This is one of the tough levels... I know, because it's only based on extended combos.
You have to be very quick to create match 4 (vertically are the most easy), and you have to use the "right click" to be sure to have enough tiles visible.
If you cannot go trough the level, switch to relax mode (just for this one).

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Mar 8, 10 5:01 AM
This is the map, you just have to click on "play" on the bottom right of your screen.
If you don't see the button, your screen is perhaps too small, the game use hi-resolution 1024x768 pixels.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 18, 10 1:40 AM
Hi,
This is not an issue :-) you just forgot to "upgrade" your plants and decorations.
The house needs 2 upgrades to be completed. Just clic on it, and look at the "upgrade" button... but it costs the full price :-)

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 18, 10 1:39 AM
Hi!
The dragons are not useful for the relaxed mode, except the Green one, because it makes you earn more money.
To share the pictures, I'm not sure BFG allow us to post links in the forum... but the best way should be to create a Flicker account and share the pics.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 17, 10 1:25 AM
Genet, thank you for your reply.
I plan to work on Geisha 2, but not right now as I'm producing an adventure game (called "Enigma Project"), but if the sales of Geisha 1 are sufficient, it will be possible to produce the sequel! In this sequel, I planned to add a level editor, allowing the player to create their own levels, and an enhanced garden with many items, that you can flip horizontaly, and change the color. And more...
Any suggestions?

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 17, 10 1:16 AM
The picture is saved in your personnal "images" directory, on Windows.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 15, 10 12:48 PM
@phatkhat

Try to find the file Geisha.ini on your hard drive.
On vista, it supposed to be in :
C:\ProgramData\Casual Box\Geisha

Open it with notepad, change the "DRIVER=0" to "DRIVER=1" and save the file.
Run the game.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 15, 10 3:19 AM
At the very end, I decided to add a Relax Mode, for the Mahjong players, and for those not happy with the challenge.

The game name was "The Mahjong Garden" but we changed it the last day, because it was already used by another mahjong solitaire game

This is the story ! Today the game will be published in 7 languages and we are so happy. This is a kind of "family game", and I hope you can feel our heart by playing it, even if it's not a perfect game. We spend 1 year on it, and we still playing it every day!

As the game is not very visible (but as you like it!) please support it by talking to your friends, family, by promoting it, if you can, and you'll be part of his success!

Have a nice play with Geisha...

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 15, 10 3:14 AM
Hi everyone, players (or willing to) of Geisha The Secret Garden.
I'm the french designer and lead programmer of the game.
I would like to tell you the story of this game.

At first, it was a personnal project, the aim was to offer it to my kids... and the game was about the Wolf and the 3 little pigs! The game was to construct a house for the pigs, by moving pieces falling from the top of the screen... then I added the wolf, etc. and decided that the game was not funny at all... but the engine was quite powerful, and it was sad to let it sleep on my computer.
So I decided, with some advices of friends, to make it a real game!
I studied some game mechanics, and decided to be inspired by my favorite one : Tetris Attack (Puzzle de Pon), from Super Nintendo.
But... this was still not the game you play, it was a Scifi game, with planets, etc.
It was fun, but the Casual Games market is not sweet with SciFi games, it's too much for guys...
So, I decided to cancel the project. Too much work, too much efforts, too little progress... I continued it but with no heart to.
One day, my wife left the house for a week end, with the kids, to visit her family. This day, I was surfing on the net, and was looking at Mahjong games... And this is this day I decided to change everything! I decide to make a surprise to my wife.
There was no game mixing a match-3 mechanic with mahjong (not only the tiles, but the spirit too!). In 2 days, I chanded everything in the game, replacing planets with tiles, etc., and asking my musician to forgot the outerspace for japanese musics (he was very happy, as his girlfriend is japanese!).
When my wife was back, she was so happy, the game was crappy but already amazing! Mixing it with mahjong changed everything!
We decided to work together and bring the game to the market. So my wife become my producer assistant, and she was responsible of everything regarding the garden part, and for validating all the graphics assets. We found an artist, naturalist, to draw all the plants, backgrounds, etc. he did an amazing work! and 2 others artists for the colors and the other screens. Andrei (the musician) created a lot of amazing musics and I coded over and over to give the game a good pace, and make it a mix of relaxing and challenge. Myself was unable to stop playing when I was testing the game, so it was a good sign I think :-).
Not kiding, I think a played the game around 5000 times during the whole development process .
to be continued...

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 14, 10 2:10 PM
It's a DX or OpenGL issue.
Are you updated for DirectX and OpenGL?
Tomorrow I'll give you a hint to change the display driver used by Geisha, we'll try both.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 14, 10 10:19 AM
Genet1770, thank you so much for your support.
I'm quite busy with my kids today, but tomorrow I'll be back to let you know the story of "Geisha The Secret Garden"!

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 12, 10 9:03 AM
Yes, as this is not obvious, the game is : Geisha The Secret Garden.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 11, 10 4:12 PM
donnasm, please try the game on your personal computer and let me know. The cursor works very well, it must be a video card driver issue. I'm very sorry of that.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator