Posts created by jenkast

posted in Haunted Hotel: Eclipse Collector's Edition on Jun 5, 14 1:14 PM
I just purchased the game and am also having an issue with the library book shelf lever. I have everything in order and it keeps telling me to pull the lever. I keep pulling the lever and nothing happens. Asking for a hint tells me to pull the lever. The strategy guide tells me to pull the lever.

Is this a magic lever? Do I need to use the force or something to pull it. XD

I've checked the technical support thread and read through this thread but there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgement from BFG or developers on this obvious glitch.

It's been 7 months and it seems that nothing has been done. If re-installing it does not fix the issue I will be asking for a refund.

Edit: I don't know how or why but uninstalling and installing the game seems to have fixed whatever the issue was. The bookshelf lever finally worked and the game was great! (:

posted in Solitaire Mystery: Stolen Power on Apr 3, 12 1:30 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. Tried using the hint button just in case I was missing something and it doesn't do anything.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 12 6:59 AM
Thank you jenny1983 and Mr_Russ for the help!

It didn't fix screen lock or window mode message, but it plays smoothly now.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 12 6:20 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
My screen resolution is 1366 x 768 so I shouldn't be having this problem.
That's why you're having the problem. That resolution on a widescreen netbook doesn't match any of the standards, being neither 4:3 nor 16:9 nor 16:10.

Do you have any other screen resolutions?

It's the highest and recommended resolution on my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. It's never been an issue before.

I have lower settings, what would be the 'standard' for this title?

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 12 6:08 AM
I keep receiving a message stating that my screen resolution cannot support windowed mode and that it automatically disabled it. The message pops up every time I go to the menu page.

Only it's not windowed, or at least I didn't do put it in that mode. So now everything is very grainy and pixelated because for some reason it's zoomed in and there is no option to change it. The game must mean full screen and wide screen. But I clicked and re-clicked wide screen multiple times and it's definitely still in full screen. (even though it stated it 'automatically disabled' it) The full screen option is in fact disabled and I couldn't even choose it if I wanted. So now it must be stuck in that mode.

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768 so I shouldn't be having this problem.

*edited- Changing the resolution fixes the graphics issue. But that doesn't stop the window mode message from popping up.

posted in Relics: Dark Hours on Nov 14, 11 12:36 AM
Finally! I've been waiting since September for this game to come out here.

It's sort of a mix between Yoomurjak's Ring, Casebook and Delaware St. John (it's from the same creator of the series). I love games like this, the interactive movie types. The acting and narration is fairly good, the scenes are clear and the plot is interesting.

I would suggest downloading the trial version before purchasing. These types of games are not everyone's cup of tea.

Now off to play!

*edited to add more info*

-This is a very slow paced game. You will be traveling all over the school, they provide a map to help with that. There is a great deal of conversation, some reading and interacting with the environment. The notes section helps the main character (you) keep track of tasks.

This is an adventure game and requires a great deal of patience. The only complaint I have is maneuvering around each scene. It's too easy to miss something. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it so far.

posted in Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio on Aug 4, 11 12:14 AM
I purchased this game a while back and thought that it was very good!

But I want to warn everyone that it is on the short side and many HOG scene items are tiny. There are also a few 'spot the difference' scenes, some like those while others don't.

Other than that I really liked it. I look forward to the next in the series.

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Aug 2, 11 7:18 PM
Your welcome, glad I could help!

I don't know of any way to 'friend' someone on here, but I know we can add other fishies to our 'address book.' If you click on my user name it will show a page with other posts and threads I have started/commented it. There is a purple envelope at the top right of the page for PMing and an 'add to address book' button next to it. I added you to mine.

Have fun on the forums and welcome to the Pond!

posted in Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge on Aug 2, 11 5:41 PM
The Nancy Drew adventure series does not have any Hidden Objects scenes in it. They are strictly point and click adventures/mysteries. There are a few with some tough puzzles and some with third person mini games. If you want a more casual game then maybe check out The Nancy Drew Dossier series. Those are pretty good too, but not as long as the original series.

There are 20+ Nancy Drew games so it's really hard to choose or say which on is the best. Opinions very.

My personal favorites are some older titles such as 'Treasure in the Royal Tower,' 'Message in a Haunted Mansion,' 'Danger on Deception Island,' 'White Wolf of Icicle Creek,' and 'The haunted Carousel.'

If you want to see how they play the developers (herinteractive) have some demos for the newer ones. You could even check out some videos or reviews on YouTube.

Good luck on your choice, most of the games in the series are worth the money!

posted in Blue Madonna: A Carol Reed Story on Feb 22, 11 1:15 PM
Another great installment by MDNA games!

I just love this series and have been anticipating its release here for over two months. I was so happy to see it this morning! Considering the um...interesting new releases, (with the exception of a few) this was a very welcomed breath of fresh air.

Glitch free and plays beautifully!

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 13, 11 4:16 PM
I agree with both of you, can't thank BF enough!

posted in Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars on Jan 13, 11 1:39 PM
Yay BF finally got this game, thank you!

I played the original on the PC until it wouldn't play on any system I owned. Then they released the directors cut in 2009 (with a good bit of extra story) and I got it for the Nintendo DS, which didn't have the voice acting ($35). Then they released it for iTunes, which came with the voice acting but was still on a tiny screen ($5). Now I can finally get it for under $10 on the PC!

Love the puzzles and storyline, good length, and old school hand drawn adventure feel.

Haha can you tell I love this game?

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Jan 6, 11 6:04 PM
I love music, and the music in this game is excellent! But I would like to listen to it on my ipod. Is there any way to do this? Usually there is a download option in the menu, but I can't find it.

If any one knows how could you pm me? I hope I'm not breaking any rule by asking.

I absolutely loved it!

I enjoyed the interaction with the characters, all of the conversations and especially the real actors against the painted background. I felt like I was playing something from the 90's. It is very polished.

The game ran wonderfully on my computer. I didn't have any technical issues.

I like how BF tries to mix it up a little each game, it keeps everything new and fresh. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Keep up the great work and thank you again for another fun installment to the MCF series!

posted in 3 Days - Amulet Secret on Nov 6, 10 7:49 PM
At level 11 I get an access error message.

"Error access violation of 0x004F5957 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated."

I have windows 7 and brand new system so it's defiantly not a compatibility issue. I'll wait to see if BFG makes an update for this before making any further decisions.

It might fallow the book series somewhat? Maybe?

I have only started the first book 'Stolen' and from what I gather the town of Blackpool was once a big spot for pirates and smugglers.

I also noticed that on the MCF web site that the 'Huntsville' game page shows a swamp very similar to the sneak peak images for #7. It's probably just coincidental though.

posted in The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction on Oct 9, 10 1:06 PM
I really enjoyed this game! The architecture and photo-realistic elements and graphics create a very pleasing atmosphere. While the incorporation of object hunting and mini game scenes flowed together quite nicely.

Oh and you can change the screen resolution in the game menu so that it fits! I really appreciate that.

I have a 19'' screen and the edges of the game are always hidden no matter what I change the resolution to. Does anyone know the exact size for this game?

Or do I have to play it in windowed mode?

posted in James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies on Sep 25, 10 8:01 PM
Wow what a great game! I love the series and this installment is very polished!

The game is priced at $6.99 but is actually a CE! Included are wallpapers, the soundtrack, integrated strategy guide and extra game play (the Epilogue) that are unlocked upon completion of the game.

I estimate this to be around 4-5 hours without skipping any puzzles. Not including the Epilogue chapter. But this will very for everyone.

No bugs or technical issues (thank goodness) and the game ran very smoothly.

Because of the extra content, great graphics, excellent voice acting and good storyline I give this game !

I thoroughly enjoyed it!

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 19, 10 12:06 PM
Glitches are funny (sometimes evil) things. Your right about It possibly being because someones machine is out of date and sometimes it is the game itself (many times a combo of both). Glitches happen when you do a certain sequence of events that cause coding in the game to 'glitch.'

I myself played a game that had a major glitch, becasue of which I had to start from the begining. But if I had fallowed the walkthrough exactly, then I would have never encountered the problem.

But BFG is good at fixing glitches that the game itself produces, sometimes even those that the computer caused (like Windows Vista). There may be multiple reasons for any problem so the best thing to do would be to let them run a diognostic.

Technical issues are another thing, and are casued by out of date computers. Examples are the game not starting up, the screen going black, running very slow. Those are not glitches and are very frustrating because there really is no fix (not a cheap one any way ).

Good points you braught up!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator