Posts created by EnvirEng

posted in Gnomes Garden: New home on Apr 17, 17 6:21 PM
Nevermind. I figured out a way to finish the level. Fill in the hole before building the lantern.

posted in Gnomes Garden: New home on Apr 16, 17 7:21 PM
I've tried repeatedly, but can't get three stars. It takes so long to get to the site to build the fireman's hut, to clear the vines, to build the fairy's hut, to open the portal. By the time I build the sawmill, it is too late to get the amount of wood needed, even with the elves' help.

posted in Gnomes Garden: New home on Apr 16, 17 4:50 PM
Level 34 won't let me fill in the last hole in the road. Upper right, near the lamp post.

Patricia

posted in Elven Legend 3: The New Menace on Nov 3, 16 6:23 PM
The blob (dirigible) on level 16 is killing me. Tried playing the level 4 or 5 times. Not willing to do it again without a fix.

Also, I too thought the mouse was sluggish and you really have to click carefully or you can't pick up items.

It is a real shame. The game has potential, but in this incarnation it isn't playable.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess IV on Feb 25, 14 5:33 PM
Agreed as well. It is so frustrating. How can you create a strategy of attack by looking at the screen? You can't because obstacles might take several trips--two or even three.

posted in Zenerchi on Jan 2, 13 9:36 PM
After playing level 10-1 dozens of times, I can now reliably get an Expert score and can clear all the blockers most of the time. Here is how I do it.

If you take a look at the playing field you will notice that the innermost ring (I will call it Ring 1) is completely filled with blockers. Most of which are colored: Four are solid. You can completely ignore this ring. In fact, you should be careful not to accidently remove it with a ring burst.

I will call the next ring out from the center, Ring 2. It has breaks in it and only consists of colored blockers. Next out is Ring 3--colored blockers with breaks.

The outermost ring, Ring 4, has three breaks. The remaining spots are filled with solid blockers except for one, which has a green blocker. Get rid of that green blocker, first. Below it is another green blocker, so be careful to drop a non-green tile in there first. Then rotate three green tiles into place to clear the outer green blocker.

Now, focus on Ring 3 because it needs to be destroyed next and quickly. If you look carefully, you will notice that two of the blockers (one yellow and one green) sit above similarly colored blockers below. You can, with a little care, get a five tile match for each and get two exploding tiles, if you want. The main thing is getting rid of the Ring 3 quickly.

Now for a useful tip. With Ring 3 gone, it is easy to make five tile matches--mainly blue and green. Here is the trick: Find a gap in Ring 2 and make that gap the base of your match-fives. After a few more match-fives you will get a ring burst and can take out Ring 2 completely.

From here it is all about making match-fives to get points and to get column destroying tiles. Do not make match fives that are based in gaps in Ring 1, or, if you do, DO NOT use a ring blast. If you destroy Ring 1, you will fill up all the center pieces and end the level before you reach Expert and before you destroy all the outer blockers.

This is the only way I have been able to remove all the blockers on this level. If anyone found another solution, please let me know.

posted in All My Gods on Dec 30, 12 9:17 PM
Each time you build (or upgrade) a school or university, you maximum point count goes up. By the time I am done playing through the game, I usually have something like four fully upgraded schools and two fully upgraded universities.

posted in All My Gods on Dec 30, 12 9:15 PM
Don't know. Sounds like a glitch. Try tech support or just start the game over under a new name.

posted in All My Gods on Dec 30, 12 9:14 PM
The items you need to clear the fog and expand your land, come from the gods. You have to meet certain goals to get the offer. That is one annoying thing about the game. You get to a point where you HAVE to do what Venus asks to progress--even though you know there are going to be consequences.

Keep fulfilling tasks set by the gods and sooner or later you will get the item you need.

posted in All My Gods on Dec 30, 12 9:10 PM
Hey, I can't remember exactly how to get the pickaxe, but those special items are offered by the gods for fulfilling certain tasks. So, you do have to wait for the offer. Just keep fufilling tasks and sooner (or later), it will come up. Also, the fog will clear, revealing the swamp, but you have to use workers to clear it.

posted in All My Gods on Dec 30, 12 9:05 PM
Ahhh... You've probably figured it out by now. Build barns to increase the maximum amount of materials you can store. I usually finish a game (replayed it six times) with about five fully upgraded barns. BTW, there are only two places for a stone pit. One is up and somewhat to the left. The other is in the village across from the swamp. Hope this helps.

posted in Fisher's Family Farm on Jul 14, 12 3:36 PM
I've replayed level 38 (Japan) close to 20 times and cannot get the gold. I am ready to quit. Am I missing something? Is there some approach I am not using?

I usually buy two salmon and upgrade the caviar hut to give me two cans of caviar. I make four cans, sell them, and then start on the sushi. I never get enought rolls this way.

Any suggestions?

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Jan 23, 12 7:35 AM
Timebuilders is a really cute and enjoyable game. Purely Time Management, with lots of levels. At $3, it is a steal. Enjoy!

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Jan 7, 12 2:37 PM
This is a shortened version of the comments I made after finishing the game.

This game has a lot going for it, but I am not sure 'atmosphere' is one of them. The choice of coloring and images does give it an old-time, creepy feel. Not a lot of color.

It is heavy on the H0G scenes, which got a bit too much for me. The H0G scenes are scattered junk piles.The H0G scenes were clear enough with some small but findable items. Hints recharge quickly.

The city of Salem is big for a walking-around IH0G game, but there is a map. And, if there is a H0G site that you haven't hit yet, sparkles on the map will indicate where. There is a good bit of walking around and some back tracking.

Besides the map, there is a list of tasks. To the left of each is a box with a '?' in it. If you need a hint, click on the '?.' Thanks to those hints (I needed one) I didn't need to use the walkthrough at all. A big plus in my book!

There is a lot to do, so keep an eye on your inventory. Some unique actions are required. Not many mini games, but most are do-able and SKIPPABLE.

An excellent game with hours of game play. A little too heavy on the H0G scenes for me and bit drab, but a great game.

4.5 out of 5 stars

posted in Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds on Jan 3, 12 7:41 AM
This game is silly fun and I recommend it. No devious puzzles. No mind bending challenges to solve. You just whiz around the board eating small things, then medium things and finally everything. Avoid cats, insects and dinosaurs (until you get big enough)!

Give the demo a try. I think you will like it!

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Dec 14, 11 9:29 PM
I also found this game to be enjoyable, but not compelling. It is an Adventure/H0G game, but it was too heavy on the H0Gs for me. Used a lot of hints just to get through the scenes. Only found one mis-labeled item (in one the last scenes). Otherwise, fine. H0Gs were junk piles and some items were very had to find (IMHO).

Interesting story. Good locations. Good to excellent graphics and music. No voice overs. Not a tremendous amount of walking around, until the end. Then, a lot of backtracking. Mini-games were pretty easy.

You really need to read the notes. A few times during the game, I had no idea what to do next. Had to read the notes and check the Walkthrough. Also, a few times, items were added to my inventory, but I did not notice. A bit weird.

Overall, I give this game a B. Fun but not great.

posted in Book of Legends on Dec 9, 11 2:22 PM
This game has a lot going for it. It just isn't my cup of tea. The length is good the graphics are awesome. The dialogue is well done and, while there is a lot of it, you can click through the dialogue. Cut scenes are cartoons and amusing and skippable.

The locations and graphics are wonderful. And, I loved some of the items on the list. No dumbing down! Fortunately, if you click on the word (item), the game provides an outline of the object. (Maybe you know what all those religious and Asian objects are, but I don't.)

You play the sister and travel around the world, following clues that will lead you to Excaliber. You talk to your brother on the phone and he provides useful information. You also get phone messages from people asking you to do things find items, photograph things, etc.). For this you make money, which you spend on airplane tickets.

What I didn't like. This game is a real hand holder. Find eight boxes of Francinscense. Fill four inscence burners. Find matches. Light burners. YIKES!

Some of the H0G scenes were very difficult for me to finish. Had to use more than one hint (recharges quickly). After a while I didn't really care anymore. Make sure to look along the edges of the screen and along the bottom! Really close to the edges and bottom.

I bought the game without demo-ing it, based on the reviews. I just wasn't my kind of game. Give it a try, though. It might be yours.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Dec 5, 11 8:52 AM
Really fun Time Management game. Good in everyway and a great deal as a DD. Enjoy!

posted in Phantasmat on Dec 3, 11 2:16 PM
Seriously, a wonderful game. If you like Adven/H0G even a tiny bit, you will love this game.

posted in Mushroom Age on Nov 25, 11 11:45 AM
This is a wonderfully silly and fun game. I loved the graphics, especially the mushroom world. Good reveiws above, so I won't explain again. Just want to point out that this game is goofy fun, but you do have to give Socrates a massage!

Go for it and enjoy!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator