Posts created by paurik

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 29, 09 8:21 AM
Don't have to rush anything. Take axe or blade or handy out of inventory. You can't step on pedal when these are out of inventory so must put them back. They are now in the holding box and easy to get to. Step on the pedal, THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART, after you step on the pedal bring the cursor up to the stone and even though it the gear shows a slash through it, CLICK ON IT ANYWAY. Now go into to inventory pull out the blade, axe or handy and put up to stone and sharpen. It works everytime

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 29, 09 8:20 AM
love it

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 29, 09 8:12 AM
Don't have to rush anything. Take axe or blade or handy out of inventory. You can't step on pedal when these are out of inventory so must put them back. They are now in the holding box and easy to get to. Step on the pedal, THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART, after you step on the pedal bring the cursor up to the stone and even though it the gear shows a slash through it, CLICK ON IT ANYWAY. Now go into to inventory pull out the blade, axe or handy and put up to stone and sharpen. It works everytime

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 29, 09 7:58 AM
with grindstone and nail in place pull out the axe or blade out of inventory, now you can't step on the pedal, put axe or blade back into inventory, it is now in the holding bin in inventory. Now you can step on the pedal which gets the stone to spin, THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART, after you step on the pedal bring the cursor up to the stone, it will have a slash but click on it anyway. now go into inventory pull out the axe or blade hold up to stone and it will sharpen, don't forget about the handy also, whatever that is. If you follow that procedure it will work. It drove me crazy too.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 29, 09 7:53 AM
The big trick is step on the pedal then bring the cursor up to the stone click, even through it has a slash through it, then go into to inventory pull your blade or axe out and sharpen, it works!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 29, 09 7:45 AM
Thanks for the tip about the gas in the green paint - of course!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 25, 09 1:54 PM
how do you figure out length to cut pole

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 25, 09 1:38 PM
thanks, left out the bamboo. I am on 2 now. Can't figure on how to measure pole to cut.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 24, 09 7:43 PM
the axe is the same deal except you have to go and try to cut down the trees first. Then go back click on the pedal move the cursor up to the stone, THEN retrieve the axe, it will sharpen, I was just ready to give up.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 24, 09 7:26 PM
the trick is press on the pedal, then move the cursor up to the stone, click on stone even though it is the gear with the slash through it, it will place the cursor in the correct spot when you retrieve your blade. This was driving me crazy, the trick is having the cursor in the correct position when you pull the blade out of inventory.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 23, 09 6:22 PM
you can use the sponge on jep to clean him up, the sponge has to be clean not dirty,
can clean the sponge in any water source

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 19, 09 12:47 PM
having trouble making either the becquerel or volta battery

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 19, 09 12:41 PM
Not actually in front of windmill but on the side of windmill - have to go down the steps on the right side of the windmill - pine kernals may not show up until you fix the steps.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 19, 09 12:39 PM
paula331 wrote:I'm sending out an S.O.S to anyone that can help. I know people have asked this same question, but I still cannot find them anywhere. I'm following the walkthrough from Matgro, with no luck. Please, any help will do. Thanks a bunch Paula

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Jul 15, 09 9:47 AM
what ever the number is add 1860 to it.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Jul 15, 09 9:42 AM
Esc key should work.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Jul 15, 09 9:40 AM
There should have been two pieces of seal fat. One for the windmill and one for the candles. Don't think there is anymore seal fat. Might have to restore an earlier save
If you do make sure you do the candle thing in the cave or the game won't let you go through the lake entrance without the cave being lit.

There is an entrance to the Granite House right by the lake, the lake where you get your water, not the one with the red clay. You have to use the pickaxe you got from the windmill to break an opening up.

Post again if you have trouble with this.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Jul 15, 09 9:32 AM
willow bark and water heat this up.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Jul 15, 09 9:24 AM
have to repair kiln with bricks and seals skin.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Jul 15, 09 9:19 AM
on the right of the cannon, on the bottom

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator