Posts created by misty5

posted in Cursed House 5 on Feb 21, 18 9:13 AM
frh, the only way you can help me is to make more games in the same mold as House 2! lol. I find it such an innovative game in the match-3 genre -- all other M3s are boring in comparison. Including the other House games. I've demoed them all and just can't get into them with all the clumsy bombs, rockets and frustrating barriers. Seems to me you had a gem in House 2 and I can't understand why you stopped there. Can I hope there will be another like it?

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 18 4:04 PM
I bought the SE and was doing fine until I hit this bulletin board puzzle. The toughest ones to get are the reindeer, star and gingerbread house. I spent over an hour trying to get them in place and was close to giving up. Gave it one last try, shooting the vertical arrow all the way to the top and down again a few times. In between those moves, I slid the horizontal arrows gently to and fro . Only took about 2 minutes of this method before all three items were in place. Good luck, all, because if I did it anyone can!

(PS. Sorry for posting this on the CE forum. I was nearly finished with the above before I realized I wasn't on the SE chat -- but I'm sure the tip applies to both versions.)

I have an opposite problem. Don't remember the level, but the puzzle was the 3 rings with animals on them and the three rings off to the left that you used to spin the circles. I tried and tried to figure out how to line up the rings but finally gave up and checked the walkthrough -- still couldn't figure it out, as the solution made no sense to me. Does anyone know how the mammals, fish, birds and reptiles on the 3 circles were associated?

Halfway through the demo, I felt lukewarm about this version of Mortimer Beckett -- completely unlike the older entries in the series and I had my doubts about it. But because of the half-price sale, I bought it anyway and am so glad I did! It maybe doesn't feel particularly like a Mortimer game, but is a good game in its own right --fun and bright and a delightful change from the macabre games so prolific today. Someone mentioned that it seemed old-school but I'm enjoying the simplicity of it, the colorful cartoon graphics and the fun storyline. I also like that we can go back and replay a level in order to find the mouse we may have missed or to earn that coveted green check mark! Only disappointment I found was the timed bonus games -- no way a human being can find all those mice in that small amount of time. I'm just on chapter 3 now and so far I've only beaten the timer on two bonus rounds, both simple jigsaw puzzles. Anyway, lots and lots of fun and if the developers come out with a sequel as good as this one, I'll be standing in line. Happy gaming, fishies..........

posted in Christmas Wonderland 8 on Dec 18, 17 9:06 PM
Thanks to all for helping with this puzzle. I've played further into the game now and agree -- it is indeed a new entry in the series. As suggested, I must have played the beta at some time which would explain why the first part was so familiar to me -- the plot, specific scenes, and even the golden angels. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all!

posted in Christmas Wonderland 8 on Dec 18, 17 5:34 AM
I bought CW 8 this morning with a coupon code and after completing transaction, got a pop-up saying I already owned this game. Sure enough, when I started playing everything was familiar -- the North Pole contest, the family's new address, etc. Why would BFG offer last year's Wonderland as a full price game again this year? And will my coupon code be reinstated or is it gone for good?? I can't recall this ever happening before with one of their series games. Usually last year's entry is offered only as a DD shortly before the new one comes out. Any thoughts?

posted in Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 17 7:41 AM
Download went fine, but the morphs are not on the screen where guide indicates they should be. I've only looked in the first two rooms so far (living room and basement), but have the uneasy feeling morphs will be missing from all other rooms, as well. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks for any info you can give me. And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Got it figured out and morphs now all in place (so far!). Whew!

posted in Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest on Sep 19, 17 11:33 AM
Love the game, Joe, and enjoyed hearing your story and meeting your family. Favorites among the new games: dragging from the outside; and colorized triple match. I skipped most of the sliders as I found them too tedious. One little criticism: I noticed in the dragging puzzles, some objects were so dark they couldn't be seen at all against the black background. I had to drag my way all around the perimeter to find the last items. Please don't go the way of so many hidden object games and make items that are virtually invisible. Other than that, great game and I look forward to "Attic"! Oh, by the way, Ana's pottery is stunning! PM me where I can buy it. Thanks!

posted in Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest on Sep 16, 17 11:25 PM
thanks! when I first clicked on "games", it took me to endless slider puzzles. I don't know how, but eventually I got out of those and into the real games.

posted in Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest on Sep 16, 17 2:16 PM
despite my earlier enthusiasm, can find no way to get into game. screen says "exit, player, games, global options, clutter options, control panel. I mean really, joe, either i'm an idiot or you've made this unec hard. how do I get into the game????

posted in Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest on Sep 14, 17 10:34 AM
OM gosh, joe, don't ever stop!. You have something so fun and unique that we puzzlers can't find anywhere else. Must admit I haven't tried this latest entry yet, but am downloading it now with great anticipation. Keep doing what you do, Joe!

posted in Chimeras: Mark of Death Collector's Edition on May 4, 17 3:46 PM
I need to contact BFG about games I bought but can't download. Whatever happened to the green envelope we used to use to contact reps for help?? The "Customer Support" link doesn't work for me. Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me in my search for .

posted in Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 17 5:24 PM
By "games page", do you mean the game manager? Possibly the second game just didn't download properly. Go to your purchase history and download it again. Good luck!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 16 9:14 AM
Either I'm having a dense moment or I'm making this puzzle more complicated than it is. I can't figure out just what is wanted. For example, If we're supposed to line up the 3 symbols from the top group on the left (which has the triangle symbol above it), how can we make all 3 symbols (hourglass, clock and calendar) appear in holes marked with the triangle symbol, as there are only 2 holes available for each geometrical shape???? Obviously, I'm not understanding the directions. Can anyone explain it to me? Thanks!

posted in Clutter VI: Leigh's Story on Nov 21, 16 5:16 AM
Clutter games are unique, challenging, fun. The familiar objects scattered among the new provide a sense of continuity for us longtime "Clutter lovers". Joe, after playing your "chaos" rounds, I'm either going to have to see a psychiatrist or an optometrist. Where do I send the bill? lol

posted in Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition on Sep 10, 16 12:53 PM
Yes, but the link doesn't open for me. Might be something with my computer so I'll just have to keep trying. I was hoping there was an alternate way to reach them, but .......... Thanks, tho!!

posted in Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition on Sep 10, 16 4:13 AM
played the demo and really like it. always a fan of this series, so not a hard sell. The premise caught my attention and I liked the puzzles, altho some were too easy (as is the case with games the last few years).

off topic, but can anyone tell me how to contact BF? Having issues with a game that won't save and BF seems to have become unreachable. The old green envelope is gone, along with many other customer-friendly features. Thanks in advance.

posted in Griddlers Beach Season on Aug 8, 16 2:53 PM
I agree with ekstra. Monochrome puzzles are best. I stopped buying multi-color nonograms because they're just too easy. Also, I don't really care what the end-picture is -- solving the puzzle is what counts and this series is one of the very best for providing a good puzzle that requires logic, not guesswork.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 16: Six colors in Wonderland on Jul 6, 16 6:14 PM
I bought and liked all the monochrome FM puzzles, so naturally went on to buy the first couple of colored -- but quickly found out there's just no challenge to the new colored format. And I agree with a previous poster -- the franchise is churning these games out at a dizzying rate but they won't win any awards for quality.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 16: Six colors in Wonderland on Jul 6, 16 9:10 AM
I bought a few of the first colored nonograms, but no more. They're too easy. Fill in all you can of one color, switch to another, and all you have to do is fill in the available blanks. Not my idea of a puzzle.

(edited for typo)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator