Posts created by yhtt

posted in Hidden Object: Home Makeover on Oct 16, 15 3:50 AM
I used to love match 3 games, but this is annoying, what does the flashing green arrow do? Simply cannot get the curser to match anything! I feel I'm missing something simple but crucial, feel stupid!

Thank you so much for coming to help - am just about to try it. will let you know the outcome!

have followed the solution from strategy guide (32514) but nothing happens, have also tried different orders. Please someone help as I can't proceed.

posted in Live Novels: Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice on Aug 7, 12 12:32 AM
I need to get the piece of shawl from the shrub in the garden, but cannot get it because of the thorns - on getting a hint I was told to use something from my inventory but there is nothing left in my inventory! There are no parts left to find so I am at a loss. Anyone to help?

posted in F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition on Jul 15, 11 8:51 AM
Thanks for the tip, it worked of course! I really should learn to examine scenes more thoroughly in future instead of being in a rush!

posted in F.A.C.E.S. Collector's Edition on Jul 14, 11 8:17 AM
I've been to talk to Icarus several times to hopefully get the knob, but he just says he wants the lights on! I have put three fuses in so lights are on as far as poss. Been round and round looking for something I've missed and have read the strategy guide right through but no luck. Someone must've got further than me so how did you do it please?! Otherwise loving the game and it plays perfectly - no dragging, no lengthy pauses between scenes, good sharp play.

thanks so much for that, I'l try again later - funny how I get problems when I'm tired! Hope it works - apart from a couple of blips it's been a fantastic game!

Doing quite well so far, and trying not to use the walkthrough too much, but for this problem I had to and it was no use really, I have all the elements for the big circle on the floor, but I cannot place them! I get "don't know where to put things" when I quite clearly do, from notes and walkthrough, but the only difference is the ash which at this point isn't ash but old bark. I have tried putting things in numerical order, and randomly, and tried the cup first hoping when I added the bark it would become ash - but nothing works. I guess I'm just being totally thick, but if anyone else has had this problem I'd appreciate the help.

thanks so much for your help, I'll go try it as soon as I get a chance - I had feeling I was doing something wrong - lesson - Don't play when tired!

Can anyone tell me how to knock the beetles off the stump with the burning branch? I've repeatedly read the Strategy Guide for this puzzle and I appear to be doing it right - but all I get is "you can't use that here" when I apply the branch - there isn't even a Skip option as it isn't, apparently, considered a mini game. I'm going mad here! Loving the game of course, but I hate not knowing where I'm going wrong.

Have looked everywhere and tried everything (I think!) to get rid of fly - any ideas. The previous post wasn't much help as I haven't seen a frog, or the outside of the castle - must be my age! One little point - not inclined to buy the CE when the strategy guide is of no use whatsoever - but then again I've maybe missed something in it - what use is a screenshot?

I played for about an hour yesterday and when I came back today, I had to start at the very beginning again - I didn't see anything about saving it. Also, although it took an age to open it was reasonably quick yesterday while today it is slow and sluggish. I have just bought a new grahics card which is more than adequate. I am enjoying the game so am not keen to ask for a refund, just hope an update becomes available.

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Mar 2, 11 4:22 AM
outside the toymakers I cannot seem to pick up the watch which I need to do to get the burning coals and board. It picked up alright previously, and when I looked at the walkthrough I see it needs to be glowing before you can pick it up - well mine doesn't seem to glow, the hands just move round and when I click on it nothing happens. Was going so well up til then - has anyone the answer?

thanks for that - I'll try it straight away - wondered what the acid was for - obviously not thinking last night!

it's a puzzle down the well where I need a circle with shapes, well I have one but can't find the other. The strategy guide points out where they are but I can't search in the stables for one anymore and can't see where the other is. Help please!

I'm having difficulty finding the trap for the little girl. I guess I might need to do the puzzle in the basket that calls for 2 dials. I've found the gold one, but where is the other one? Mainly I want to know how to find the trap.

have done the tray, taken crown and dirty spoon from birdbox, washed spoon and am waiting for housekeeper to appear with instructions for tea. I saw another related question here, the reply was to find the recipe in kitchen. Well I've looked all over kitchen and no recipe and no housekeeper so I'm stuck or maybe just stupid - any ideas anyone?

have done the tray, taken crown and dirty spoon from birdbox, washed spoon and am waiting for housekeeper to appear with instructions for tea. I saw another related question here, the reply was to find the recipe in kitchen. Well I've looked all over kitchen and no recipe and no housekeeper so I'm stuck or maybe just stupid - any ideas anyone?

followed both lots of advice, and something worked! Although I did have to do a little boot waggling first! thanks.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator