Posts created by Seester2

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame on Sep 21, 14 4:12 PM
I loved this game! The story was interesting, the graphics were great, the puzzles and hidden object scenes were challenging and engaging. The map was interactive, so you could jump from place to place and it would let you know where the current activity was. I liked the variety in the different sections you had to go to in time and in the places, which kept me more entertained than being in the same place the whole game. It was a good, long, game-play, as well. The only thing that keeps me from giving it a 10 out of 10 was the abrupt ending. It just ended, without any closure in the main character's dialogue or interactions with other characters, or answering any questions about how she was part of the whole picture, even after she was told it would be revealed to her. I am guessing that part was in the CE, so if it was, that is fine...I still enjoyed it and give it a 9 out of 10.

posted in Dark Strokes: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom on Sep 13, 14 6:54 PM
Beautiful graphics! The story was overall good, but dragged in a couple of places. The mini-games ranged from very easy to very difficult, so there is a variety in that. The hidden object scenes had some variety as well. Pretty long gameplay, so it is worth the credit/money spent. I give it a 7 out of 10.

posted in The Lake House: Children of Silence on Aug 8, 14 7:28 PM
I liked this game...the story moved nicely, the graphics were really done well, and the hidden object scenes were interactive. I think the only thing I didn't like about it was the map showed you where you were and where you needed to take action, but it would not let you jump from place to place. I find it tedious in a game to have to walk from one place to another, especially when there are so many twists and turns, I always get lost! LOL! Anyway, I give this game a 7 out of 10.

posted in Mystery Of The Ancients: Curse of the Black Water on Jul 25, 14 8:21 PM
I thought this was a very good game. The story was good, the graphics were really good, the mini-games ranged from easy to hard and all point in between, the HOS were well done and interactive, and the game took a good long time to play. The only thing I didn't like was the abrupt ending, but that happens a lot in these types of games. I give this game a 7 out of 10.

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 16, 14 7:49 PM
This game was OK, but I found it a bit boring. I hated having to use the medallion on each scene to find objects...I kept forgetting about it and having to go back. The hidden object scenes were nice, but the rest of the game was convoluted and jumped from one thing to another and a bit confusing. The leprechaun character would jump into the scene randomly and tell you what you needed to do, but seemed a bit shady throughout the game, so he got on my nerves. I even got to the point during play where I forgot what the objective was....just a tedious game to me. I give it a 4 out of 10.

posted in Awakening: The Redleaf Forest on Jul 7, 14 8:12 PM
I was excited about getting this one because I really liked the others, but I have to say I was disappointed in this one. It was sluggish, and boring, and I felt like it was a repeat of what was done before. The animation wasn't as good as I remembered, either. I chose the level where the map points out active areas, but sometimes it didn't show anything. I give it a 5 out of 10.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms on Jul 2, 14 7:51 PM
One of the best games in a long time!! I love this series, and this one did not disappoint! Beautifully done graphics, interesting story, not too dark, a variety of mini-games ranging from fairly easy to difficult, long game play, interactive map, hidden object scenes that were done right. I highly recommend this game, and the prequel! A ten out of ten!!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost on Jun 24, 14 5:19 PM
I must be an oddball in this forum, because I really liked this game. I loved the stories, the graphics, and the mini-games. I liked the bird needing to be recharged in the different powers. I give it a 9 out of 10.

posted in Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood on Jun 17, 14 7:45 PM
I started out really liking this game, but got frustrated with it. The map was too general, and I hated the evidence board. Also, talking to the guy in prison was long and tedious. Other than that, I liked the story, and the graphics were amazing. I give it a 7 out of a 10.

posted in Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams on Jun 10, 14 7:29 PM
Beautifully done game. The graphics were gorgeous and the gameplay was more interesting than most like this. Some of the scenes looked familiar, though, so it would be nice if the creators could come up with some new ideas. The hidden object scenes were a bit junkpile, but the graphics were so nice, I didn't mind as much. Loved the unique interactive play in the hidden object scenes, as well. I will give this game a 7 out of 10.

posted in Off the Record: Linden Shades on Jun 1, 14 7:19 PM
This game was good, but not as good as the second Off the Record game to me. The hidden object scenes were very junkpile, and the graphics were a bit grainy. The story was a bit predictable, but was good enough. Played this one in the hardest mode, and only had to use the hint a couple of times. I thought the 'kid' character looked like he was about 30 years old....didn't really fit the part. I did enjoy reading the credits, though. Funny stuff.... I give this game a 6 out of 10.

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair on May 26, 14 3:15 PM
Wow...surprised at all the negative reviews of this game. I loved it and after finishing it I immediately went to the prequel to try it. Loved the graphics, the story, and the hidden object scenes (although most were a little trash pile looking, I like the interactive ones). Played on the hardest level, so there were no clues,even in the black bar drop downs. I always play with the sound off on games so I don't disturb my hubby, so I wasn't aware of the lack of Italian accents everyone keeps talking about. I give this game an 8 out of 10.

posted in Criminal Minds on May 24, 14 7:42 PM
I really liked this game. I get tired of the dark,magical games and this one was a nice change of pace. I have never watched the show, but I enjoy the real life detective games like this one. The graphics were not the best, and the hidden object scenes were a bit junkpile, but both stories were interesting and I enjoyed playing to solve the cases. I played in the harder mode, but it wasn't overly difficult for me. The one improvement I could suggest would be to be able to jump from place to place on a map instead of having to walk from one end to another. I give this one a 7 out of 10.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Bitter Frost Collector's Edition on May 16, 14 8:37 PM
I liked this game....beautiful graphics....long play...interactive hidden object scenes...the story was interesting enough, but not overly exciting. I give this one a 6 out of 10.

posted in Botanica: Earthbound Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 14 7:00 PM
Loved this sequel. Colorful graphics, interesting story, fun mini-games, interactive hidden object scenes. The only thing is that it could have been a bit longer. Other than that, great game! A 7 out of 10!

Great game!! Interesting story...beautiful graphics....long bonus game....multiply play on the HOs....extras all around! I give it a 9 out of 10!

posted in Botanica: Into the Unknown on Feb 15, 14 7:36 PM
Loved this game! It took me 5 and 1/2 hours to play so it was a good length. Interesting story...fun hidden object scenes.....I only had to go to the walk-through once at the very end. I give it a 7 out of 10.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival on Jan 12, 14 6:18 PM
Wow...I don't know what to say except this is probably one of the most difficult games I have played so far. It took me over 6 hours (I stopped counting at that point!) to play. I played on the 'swallow hard' level, which allowed me to skip puzzles if I wanted to, but I think I only skipped 3 mini-games altogether. This game had mini-games that had step-by-step parts to it that you had to figure out before you could advance...those were SO hard!! There wasn't a lot of logic to them and you had to click on a lot of the pieces before you happened to find something to get you started. The graphics were great, the hidden object scenes were very well done, and like I said before, it was a very long game...well worth the money spent. It had 14 chapters, if that gives you any indication of the length. The interactive map allowed you to jump from place to place, which saves a lot of time. I think this is one of the best game they have come out with in a long time. Because I love a real challenge, and because it was a very long game, I give it a 10 out of a 10.

posted in Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call on Jan 7, 14 11:51 AM
Loved this game! Graphics were beautiful, mini-games were great, about 3 hours length, loved the interactive hidden object scenes and the interactive scenes where you had to complete a series of tasks to get to the one object. I usually play with the sound off when I play games, but I really liked the sound on with this one. Love the mermaid/siren theme and the love story with her. The map was great because it allowed you to jump from one place to another, unlike the first one in this installment. Was pleased that the chest troll warned my character to look out for Davy Jones' revenge for meddling! That means there will be another chapter in this series and I am looking forward to that!! I give this game a 9 out of 10!

posted in Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call on Jan 7, 14 11:46 AM
Froze up on me a couple of times. Hit the ctrl=esc and got out, went back in, and it was fine each time.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator