Posts created by Nayth

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 16, 09 1:43 PM
salvatore77 wrote:Hi to all!

I had exactly same problem with running the game. First it was OK,then I suddenly experienced quit to desktop with no reason and running the game again was impossible so far.

I tried many things, to no avail.

BUT...!

I downloaded fixed .exe file from gamecopyworld.com and it works flwaless now!
Give it a try - despite it says it's for russian version it works for me excellent!
Hope it works for you as well!

I've that now, and the game starts but I have no sound =(

EDIT
Had to check off combatebility for XP and now I have Sound

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 16, 09 2:09 AM
gamegirl48 wrote:
cc1cat wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the everything including words being duplicated on same screen?

Yes. I installed it twice to see if that would help, but it didn't. I think I am going to chat with someone at BFG and see if there is anything that can be done to remedy this.

Install newer graphicsdrivers and all should be fine, worked for me

Only problem I have now is that the game won't start anymore =(

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 16, 09 12:35 AM
Trixie598 wrote:
yavuska wrote:I have an unpleasant feeling that we're gonna have to wait for a patch or something.
The problem was experienced under various configurations and it seems many people have it.

Oh, by the way: I tried installing the demo again and it works. Just the full version doesn't...

Nayth: the savegame should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\RTMI2-BF

What demo?

The demo of Return to Mysterious Island 2 ofcourse
http://www.gamershell.com/download_47214.shtml

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 15, 09 3:36 PM
I defragmented the windows drive as well as the installation drive, but to no avail, still won't start ;-(

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 15, 09 2:35 PM
lazdaze wrote:I had to restart my computer and run the defragmentor. win xp start-adminstrative tools- defragment. Now it runs fine.

Did you defragment the drive where you installed the game or the windows drive or both?

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 15, 09 4:06 AM
yavuska wrote:I have an unpleasant feeling that we're gonna have to wait for a patch or something.
The problem was experienced under various configurations and it seems many people have it.

Oh, by the way: I tried installing the demo again and it works. Just the full version doesn't...

Nayth: the savegame should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\RTMI2-BF

Did you play the demo for 30-40min?

Thanks for the info regarding the savegame =)

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 14, 09 3:42 PM
dkschenck wrote:
cc1cat wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the everything including words being duplicated on same screen?

The EXACT same problem...how do we fix this...haven't seen any resolutions anywhere

Install a newer driver for your graphics card, that fixed it for me.

If you use nVidia, install 186.10 or later

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 14, 09 3:23 PM
Same problem as the above posters.

Played the game for 30-40min. Crashes (or closed) to desktop, wont start anymore.

I'm running Vista and I have a nVidia GeForce Go 7900GS

Tried under Win7 and there it ran for 30-40min as well. Same "error" as the above. Made a savegame before crash, can't fint it though.

Anybody know what to do?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator