Posts created by MsFireDragon

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret on Sep 14, 15 4:13 AM
Once again BF has come thru with a wonderful storyline. This game has my daughter in knots (in a good way), as she loves the Elizabethan era. While not completely of a 'historical' nature, it is enough to spark & keep her interest, while getting her thinking about royal intrigue & the workings of Court Life.
The mini-games are not pushovers & we have to REALLY think things thru (Drake does drive us a tad loco & makes one wish you could simply box his ears. Repeatedly).
This is why I don't purchase games from other companies, the quality, care of how/what the customer wants/needs/thinks & attention to details.
Thanks again.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret on Sep 14, 15 4:00 AM
Thank you for the advice. The dang scarecrow has been driving me insane & I had to 'walk away' from the game for a time.

posted in Mysteries of the Undead on May 1, 13 8:25 PM
Someone needs to seriously do a COMPLETE LOOK at EVERY aspect of this game. The dialouge makes no sense in many areas & around the time that you get to the island after the ship blows, the diary starts reading in RUSSIAN.

I don't normally have issues with my games, but someone really dropped the ball on this baby. There are glitches, gibberish, sudden language changes & it all adds up to one big headache.

posted in Mysteries of the Undead on May 1, 13 8:15 PM
I've run into the same with the diary suddenly reading in Russian (good thing I can still read it). I also noticed that whoever 'programmed' this game obviously doesn't SPEAK English since much of the dialouge makes no sense whatsoever.

Big Fish I love you,but you dropped the ball on this one.

posted in Tricks and Treats on Oct 31, 11 6:09 PM
Not sure WHAT is going on, but the game plays fine up until the level where there is a thin 'break wall' **2 actually** (not sure what the level actually is) & then as you match, the things stop dropping until there are HUGE gaps with no way to make a match. Seriously starting to regret the purchase of this particular game.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 11, 11 9:34 PM
Everyone does things differently, so do what works best for you and your village.

In regards to starting the village with a Nursing Mother, it's the fact that Nursing Moms don't work for 2 yrs & if you want to get ahead of the game, it's best to wait until you at least have some routine established before having babies (but that's just MY opinion, so take it however you wish.)

As to 'Masters', they just make the work go faster instead of trying to keep lower levels on task. But again that's MY opinion.

The game is fun and I am actually having better luck with this village than my others (1-4). Sad but true, but that's how the ball bounces I guess.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 11, 11 3:35 AM
You're welcome Angel, glad to help where I can.

The Butterfly spawn trick actually is thanks to my 13 yr old daughter (she's addicted to these games like her old mom).

I have discovered that building the clothing hut really doesn't get you anywhere useful (just another building which can cause your villiagers to waste tech points).
As for the Rainbow Totem you will need 2 Master Builders PLUS 4 others & a level 3 Science Tech ( Science 3 gets the dye, 4 people **2 carry red dye & 2 yellow dye**on a steady basis to make orange water so that Master Builders can dismantle the totem).

Level 3 Science will also allow for work on the aqueduct & you need 1 Master Scientist (to direct work) & 1 or 2 Master Builders to do repairs. Do not allow the Master Scientist to leave until work is complete. When done you will have new crops (they take time to grow) & learn more of the story of how the Masked Village evolved.

Geez this village is more addicting than the others,,,,lol.

Addicting & fun

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 10, 11 6:19 PM
While the game is nowhere near easy (meaning not for a first time virtual village player), it is rather interesting.

Tip 1: The villagers chosen for the journey should include at least ONE child under 8 and one teenager. Other than that 2 female,2 male 1 child. Do NOT include a nursing female as that will cause issues.

Tip 2: Get everyone working on a skill so that you have Masters and make sure that your Masters master other skills as well (only a Master Builder can tackle the totem near the masoluem).

Tip 3: Have children. LOTS of them but try to keep the nursing mothers limited to 2 or 3 at a time unless you have managed to convert a good number of male or female heathens. (Only children can tackle the totem near the dry lake. Count the number of 'hidey holes' and then add 1==goodbye totem).

Tip 4: Use children or other villagers(kind of tag team) to distract Yellow Masks so that a minimum of 2 villagers can tear down totems ( if you use kids,attract as many Yellows as possible, get them far enough away and use the 'spawn butterflies' as this will bring ALL the children & keep the Yellows busy for a time)

Tip 5: If you are low on food and have the power to grow mushrooms, do so and then have the kids collect. It will up your food and keep you going for a while. Also use the bees on the Noni bush (this will only work about 2 times though) as they will polinate it.

Finally if you use the bees or lightening, make sure that YOUR villagers are out of the way since they can get hurt. Both will scare away Yellow and Red masks, but the effects are temporary at best and you will need to work FAST with 2 or more villagers. Once totems are down then Red Masks will leave the area (both will congregate in larger numbers as the number of totems start to dwindle to 'protect' the remaining totem(s)).

Have fun

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 9, 11 11:31 PM
Dismantling the Hungry Totem will cause the Red Masks to leave ( have 1 or 2 villagers distract the Yellow Masks and then use the others to dismantle it).

Once a totem is dismantled the Red Masks will leave that area. Using the bees is more of a nuisance than anything else although they do pollinate the noni tree.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 9, 11 11:27 PM
The firewood is over near the noni bush (sort of between the noni & hand statue). The grass is over near the Tech area.

Use another villager or 2 to distract the yellow masks so that another villager can get the wood.

The distraction technique also works for when you dismantle the totems & when you finally have a good amount of children, you can use them to tag team the yellow masks while the adults do what is needed.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 9, 11 11:20 PM
'Talk' to any & all 'blue masks' at any given time (sorry but the child villagers won't do the talking since they are too busy playing).

If you see a little light flashing above their head it means that they are not in the mood to listen so leave them alone for a time.
I found that if I 'hit' all the 'blue masks' & then leave them be they tend to 'spread' the faith.

While some do seem easier to convert, it's all a matter of patience. I've been playing since pre-dawn AM & can only claim about 5 converts,which is sad since I have 'born' more children than converts.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Feb 9, 11 11:09 PM
You will need to have lightening for your 'God' powers. Make sure that none of YOUR villagers are nearby and then hit the totem with the lightening. You will need to do this 2x's & I suggest putting at least 3 of your villagers to work dismantling it to make the work go faster. The time between when the lightening strikes & when the effects wear off take no time at all (thus the suggestion for 3 villagers working together).

This also works for the Tech Totem *again 2 strikes*.

If you need to get 'rid' of pesky yellow masks, try using either another villager or the children to distract them so that the dismantling goes smoothly.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 16, 09 5:01 PM
In regards to not being able to get the game to run and whatnot..... check your computer stats and make sure that all your graph files and things like that are up to date. Also check your firewall status as that can sometimes be an issue ( I have found that some games and or programs throw it for a loop).

You might want to try to 'de-cookie' ( click on search,then all files, type in cookies and hit the search all files button) your computer and maybe even go as far as doing disc clean-up and defragment ( access through your start panel and accessories).

If you have the back-up disc for the game, then uninstall the game and reinstall it or maybe even try a different computer/laptop if that is possible ( my daughter has some games that won't run on her computer, but will run on mine and vice versa.

I hate to say it, but you might have to actually UP your memory chip and/or processing speed as well as graphics card ( but that is a LAST resort).

My hubby has learned to fix computers ( when you have kids it's either that or buy stock in the stupid things) and I get the programs running and up to par ( I'm a mom so I have the patience or so I've been told).

BTW: I don't claim to be all knowledgeable or a computer whiz, just passing on what has worked for me in the past ( If it ain't broke, hand it to a kid and then get back to me :p)

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 16, 09 4:38 PM
I think I must be a glutton for punishment. Broke down and ordered Mina's Fate instead of waiting for it to get to the store shelves ( plus it's cheaper on Big Fish )

The original game took me nearly 2 months to finish and I had to go buy a copy of the book just to understand the game ( plus watching every movie made about it).

I can't wait to tackle this mystery......now I'm in a wait pattern as it is only 40% done for download. I am SOOOOO glad I have highspeed and not dial-up.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jul 16, 09 4:25 PM
I have to say that I have finally found a game that is equally as frustrating as Mysterious Island. Usually I finish my games in one sitting and anywhere between 24-48 hrs. But I have had Return for over 2 wks now and I'm STILL stuck in Viktor's demented grasp.
Never fear I WILL figure it out, I just hope it's soon ;p

Considering Mysterious Island took me 2 months to complete, this should prove interesting.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jul 16, 09 3:57 PM
A little trick I use for games like this is.... keep a small notebook and a pencil nearby. When you come across things like numbers or quotes, just jot them down so you don't have to go back and try to locate what you need ( be warned though, when you restart the game, the numbers can change).
Trust me it cuts down on the asprine intake due to game headaches

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 16, 09 3:47 PM
This place is great. Now I can find others who are as obsessed as I am when it comes to games.
BTW when I say obsessed, it usually only takes me 24-48 hrs before I have comletely played and finished the game. But I love Hidden Object games so much that I can play them over and over and not get bored and I have gotten my 11yr old daughter hooked as well.

Elightenus is really great and I loved the challenge. I thought it was going to drive me crazy until I caught on.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator