Posts created by tayers81

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 8, 16 5:35 PM
So glad I'm not the only one missing the Spring Event..I was so surprised to see it gone after only one day. Fingers crossed they get this glitch fixed before some of us miss out on all of it.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Nov 17, 15 4:45 PM
Nevermind, I just figured out what you were talking about and I tested it..it works! That's a weird glitch, but thank you trixibubbles and AlexRaluca! That's pretty handy for the future.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Nov 17, 15 4:40 PM
Oh, really? So, if I pull with my mouse to the item I'm hoping it'll drop, it will? Or am I completely misunderstanding?

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Nov 17, 15 8:55 AM
Thanks Trixiebubbles!

I could swear there was at least one instance where they posted the wrong place to find an object, but it's always possible I was wrong..either way, I thank you for your answer..I really appreciate it!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Nov 17, 15 6:43 AM
Hello fellow Found players!

I just recently unlocked the Priest's Scroll and it says I should be able to find it on the Hyena, but when I check the Hyena, it's not showing up. This isn't the first time it's said you can find an item one place, but it's actually in another. This time though, I can't find it. Does anyone know where it's at?

Thanks so much!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 28, 15 7:47 PM
I'm in Ohio...just outside of Cleveland.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 9, 15 12:20 PM
I agree Luckypool. I think it would be horrible business practice to keep taking players' money if they're shutting down the AK game. I tend to think they wouldn't do that, especially since they'd really tick off loyal customers--the same loyal customers who buy their other games. It's not a great business model for continued success and profit. I sincerely hope they don't do that.

Besides, they still have the feature for gifting that hasn't unlocked yet, a world on the map that says coming soon, that door in the castle that says coming soon, and quests still to finish with a new update. I think ChestnutHeights is correct in sayint that they'll come out with at least one more update...to finish up those open quests, if nothing else.

I don't know how big a company BZ is, but I assume they have a team dedicated to the FTP game that is separate from the teams that create games in their other series. But, if not, it's possible that the development team is being pulled in several directions at the moment and that is why there is a delay in the update. It's just a thought.

I'm assuming (and I don't know how big an assumption I'm making here) that they would make an announcement if they were discontinuing this game. The fact that they haven't makes me hopeful that there's just a hold up on the development, and nothing more. Fingers crossed!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 7, 15 12:03 PM
Hey NoFishToday!

Oh wow...an update a month is pretty spectacular. Maybe the updates were so quick because they were updating on already established worlds. Maybe this one is taking so long because they now have to create whole new environments for us? I really don't know because I'm not far enough along to see everything yet, but I'm hoping that is the hold up.

You've been playing a heck of a lot longer than me! There is still so much I can't wait to see.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 7, 15 9:15 AM
Hi silver_hawk!

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I agree that this is the best FTP that I've played so far. I absolutely adore the Awakening games and have played them all over and over again. AK has been so much fun and I have no intention of stopping. I also figured that this is probably way too popular to abandon. I'm really excited to get to all these quests that everyone is talking about. At the moment I'm focusing on the Yura Festival quests since it's timed. I'm also still trying to fully heal the pegacorn. I figure if I reach the end of the quests before an update I'll work on getting Grand Master status on the HOS and mini games. It also sounds like I'll be spending a bunch of time feeding that dark chest. I've fed him a few times already and I can see how it really depletes your items quickly.

The graphics and quests are pretty involved and the story line is pretty coherent (especially compared to the meandering ones in MC). Everything is gorgeously rendered and it must take a lot of time and effort to keep all of that going. I've got fingers crossed that the update comes before I reach this current ending point.

Thanks again! You've given me a lot of things to still look forward to....I'm also hoping this new update with allow us to gift to our friends. I love having that interaction with others and being able to help them out.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 7, 15 7:52 AM
I'm fairly new to this game (level 35) and I still have a lot to do before I reach the current end point. I really love this game and now I'm getting a bit nervous that it seems like BoomZap might be abandoning this game. How often did we get updates for this game in the past? Four months doesn't seem like too much time to me, but I know absolutely nothing about game design. I figured it would take awhile..especially for a game like this. The graphics are gorgeous with a high amount of detail. Surely this is something that would take longer than for other games.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Apr 7, 15 7:43 AM
Hi squid61!

Wow, that is really weird. The only thing I can think of is exiting out and try going back in to see if the glitch corrects itself. If not, you'll need to contact either BFG tech support to see if they have any suggestions, or BoomZap tech support. I'm hoping they'll be able to restore your game. I think you'll need your player ID for them to look into it.

I wish you a lot of luck and I've got crossed fingers they can restore your game.

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on Apr 1, 15 7:13 AM
For some reason, this game will not load at all. I get the screen to come up, but all I see is the green screen saying that the game is loading...but the bar is not filling and the game is not loading. It just sits there until I get tired of looking at it and close it. I have tried clearing my cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. Nothing is working. Help!

I'm playing on a PC--Windows Vista.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 18, 15 10:57 PM
Hi Finnakee!

The maximum you can get is the number of friends you have. If you have 10 friends, you can get up to 10 gifts a day. If you have 15 friends, you can get a max of 15 gifts a day...and so on. Of course, that's assuming each friend you have gifts to you each day.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 18, 15 9:25 PM
Hey TiramaSue!

I don't know...I guess that's what makes us all unique, and what makes it so hard for developers to please everyone. I love getting experience points from doing the HOS for Awakening and Found. It never bothered me not knowing exactly where others are in the game based on their level. I just personally loved the anticipation when I'd get close to leveling up and it helped to keep me interested in playing...especially when quests were running out.

I can also understand how it would be confusing to people to see others at lower levels getting access to quests than those at higher levels, but there will always be something that creates confusion among players. That's what I love about the forums here...most people are genuinely sweet and love to help out others. Anytime I've ever had questions about a game I've never failed to be helped by many of the posters here.

Whether or not Elephant ever changes this in MC (which I highly doubt they would), I still love the game...it's just something I'd personally like to see.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 16, 15 4:52 PM
I like the idea of connecting the bonuses to the timer instead of the multiplier bar. I especially have a hard time getting the top multiplier in several scenes because for some reason I have to click several times on an item and by the end of the scene, my multiplier is back down to 2 or 3. I guess the "sweet spot" is a bit smaller than I'd like on some of the items.

I'd also love it if we could gain experience points with each HOS we complete...even if it was just a small amount each time. I know Elephant Games does this with Found and it really helps keep you excited because you get a bit closer to leveling up each time you do one of those scenes. It'd be great if they'd do that here too.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 16, 15 2:33 PM
Hey frankie and loniedoone!

The trick to getting the extra gifts is to not let your counter get down to 0. When it hits midnight for me, I gift out 4 right away and leave the extra 1 sitting there. I wait about 8 hours then go back in. When I gift the last one, another 4 will pop up right away for me to gift. From what I understand, if your counter reaches 0, it will not repopulate again until midnight. I hope this helps!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 14, 15 1:04 PM
@ bayouguy,

If it helps, my gifting resets at midnight my time. I'm in the EST zone, so that would make it 9 PM BFG time. It looks to me like the coding is set up to go by the individual's PC (or other gaming device) clock settings, much like they do for the Virtual Family games.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 8, 15 2:43 PM
Hi toscapishi!

I am so very sorry that this happened to you. I know others have had the same problem. I know how hard it is to wait while they work on restoring your game because I'd be just as impatient. I'm only at level 17 and that took a lot of hard work, so I can't imagine losing the progress you made. I think they gave you that code for a free collectors edition game because of the troube it caused you. It sounds like they're probably still working on restoring your game. Hopefully, they'll get it restored soon. If so, you won't be out the money you spent on it...you'll actually be up a free collectors edition game. If they can't restore it, I'd most definitely demand my money back. I've got fingers crossed that they can restore it...and soon.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 5, 15 8:13 AM
I'm only 33, so I don't think mine goes that way back, but I do remember some text-based adventures and I loved those. I think my first adventure type game was Oregon Trail. I remember playing that in gradeschool during computer lab time...I loved computer lab time! Outside of school, I think my first one was Phantasmagoria a few years later. I played it at a friend's house and fell in love with computer games all over again. I was thrilled when I found a site that has all these older games re-formatted for newer systems.

I'm a big horror fan when it comes to games, so my top suggestions would be Dark Fall: Lost Souls, Amnesia: The Dark Descent (this one is more a survival horror game), The Lost Crown, and Scratches.

If you're looking for something that's not scary, I'd recommend The Whispered World, Gray Matter, The Legend of Crystal Valley, Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, or just about any Nancy Drew game (some of their mini games are really tough to beat).

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 3, 15 4:35 PM
Hey bettymil4216!

It's definitely not just you. I have that problem also and I've seen it reported by several other people. I reported this and other problems I'm having in the thread up top reserved for technical issues. You'll have to choose the thread according to your gaming platform. I wish you luck!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator