Posts created by monkeyface881

posted in Twisted Lands: Origin on Sep 23, 12 12:10 PM
ooh great explanations! Not sure what to make of it myself... I personally thought there was something about the water which contributed to the change.
Think I need to replay them all!

posted in Live Novels: Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice on Aug 13, 12 12:09 PM
Bleugh! Very dissapointing. I trialled 10 minutes of the Demo and that was MORE than enough for me:
Bad graphics, very slow cutscenes and movement, annoying blue light on side scroller, repetetive music... etc.

The main thing that got me was attempt of 'modernizing' the language such as "wow!" and "you got the only cute girl". Not only is it not in character, it just loses the quality of what is an integral part of the novel.

Also, what is with Eliza Bennett's Renaissance clothing??

The idea of doing a romantic Pride and Predjudice HOG has so much potential, but unfortunately it has fallen completely flat here.

DEVS! Go back to the drawing board! Look at games such as Tigers Eye: Curse of the Riddle Box and you'd get GREAT inspiration for doing a QUALITY romantic game!

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jul 10, 12 12:49 PM
RosieAngel wrote:Thanks for the customer services link monkeyface.
I have even tried another name from the beginning but still no luck with the bullet! I will report back when I get replyfrom ..customer services

Regards
RosieAngel

You're welcome RosieAngel I appreciate that you came back to respond Hope Customer service help, they are excellent! xx

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jul 3, 12 12:45 PM
I've not encountered this problem so I'm not sure how much I can help. Perhaps try walking through different locations and then trying to take the bullet again?

If nothing seems to work then try contacting customer service and telling them about this glitch:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0MTM0NDY3OS9zaWQva2ZUR2NlKms%3D

good luck

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jul 3, 12 12:42 PM
You're very welcome jacquiemain
Glad so have saved your sanity!
There are quite a few strange H0 in this game, so don't worry if you can't complete other H0 scenes until much later- that is just the style of this game

Hope you enjoy

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jul 1, 12 11:13 AM
Contact customer service here:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask

Hope everything gets sorted for you

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jul 1, 12 11:10 AM
It has to be a UV light (blue bulb) I believe you get it somewhere on/near the train and it will be in your inventory to use for the chick in the H0 scene.

Hope this helps.

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jul 1, 12 11:07 AM
You need the 4th nail first.
The handle of the well is under the drain lid which is under the horses hoof (which you need 4 nails and a horseshoe for)

Good luck

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jul 1, 12 11:05 AM
YUP! I totally noticed the maths mistakes- and that was DOING the order of operations!
6+3 / 9 APPARENTLY = 2

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jul 1, 12 11:02 AM
You get given a piece of gold in another scene (can't remember which- so just search!) you use the gold in the coffee grinder (top of tower where the spyglass is) take the powder, go to the library basement and put the gold powder in the paint pot and take it.

Good luck

posted in Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice on May 20, 12 7:28 AM
Ducelick wrote: <snip>
THEN why make sexy Hari an after thought? Two thirds of the fun of the first game was seeing the interaction between Delilah and Hari. Heck you even had to post a warning: "Please note: this game contains romantic themes." No such warning with this sequel....none was needed. It was beyond watered down. Took all the fun right out of it. I mean I am glad Delilah has a best friend, but come on guys....from reading the posts I know I was not alone in looking for more hot and heavy Delilah and Hari action. I never read the story lines, but the original was down right fun to read.

I totally agree with you Ducelick! your post made me laugh! Hehehe!
Bring on Tiger eye III- With extra hot and heavy Hari and Dela action!

posted in Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice on May 20, 12 7:22 AM
This is a nice, fairly light hearted game and I enjoyed it.

My main problems are that grapics were not comparable to the first game (which I liked the cartoon aspect)
Romance storyline is very downplayed in this game and there is not enough interraction between Dela and Hari
and the game was too short for my liking. Even if it were just an hour more, I think it would have been more enjoyable.

Ah well, I still liked it and found it entertaining. Think I may have to look into the books now!

posted in Twisted Lands: Insomniac on Oct 27, 11 12:08 PM
Agreed!

posted in Twisted Lands: Insomniac on Oct 27, 11 12:00 PM
LOVED it! Totally mad and captivating.
I really really hope that they release a third part to explain everything. I must say- it was GENIUS to see it from Angels perspective in this game!

Loved the Puzzles- tricky and mind challenging, but just enough so that I could complete them myself.
Music is great- atmospheric and really setting the tone.
Voice acting- great, really adds to the game.
Storyline- TOTALLY immersive!

Absolutely corking game!

Fingers tightly crossed for a next one to explain everything!

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 2:48 AM

While I was disappointed with some aspects of the game (unconvincing/unnecessary storyline, shorter gameplay than usual and some glitches) I still feel it is a quality game and in fact, on the higher end of the spectrum of good games sold by BFG.

Artwork , music , puzzles , dialogue were all superb and up to the standard of the other two games.

The problem I had with this game is that it felt a bit like an afterthought. The storyline of the first 2 Drawn games had finished upon the end of Drawn 2- so to create a Drawn 3 it felt as though the developers just made something up on the spot and ran with it.

In retrospect I wish I had waited for the SE. £15 for a game with NO VISIBLE extras such as bonus gameplay (which is integrated in the game apparently) or strategy guide, and still with glitches just does not seem worth it.

While I like the downloadable music, it is not enough to justify the CE price.

I do recommend potential buyers to wait for the SE. I wish I had!

Verdict: It would be a very good game as an SE, but has a lot of room for improvement as a CE.

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 11 1:20 PM
monkeyface881 wrote:I also have no glass on the ledge (top of cave) really wierd as the task hint and visual hints keep telling me it's there, but there is nothing there!

I already got the red glass/crystal out from the rocks using pickaxe and have collected the other pieces, except for this invisible one! Any suggestions/help would be really appreciated!

I ended up restarting game under a new profile, that worked. Time consuming though!

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 11 1:19 PM
I disagree with you bmn5772, while I was disappointed with some aspects of the game (unconvincing/unnecessary storyline, shorter gameplay than usual and some glitches) I still feel it is a quality game and in fact, on the higher end of the spectrum of good games sold by BFG.

Artwork, music, puzzles, dialogue were all superb and up to the standard of the other two games.

The problem I had with this game is that it felt a bit like an afterthought. The storyline of the first 2 Drawn games had finished upon the end of Drawn 2- so to create a Drawn 3 it felt as though the developers just made something up on the spot and ran with it.

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 11 12:58 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
it's under the Extra's heading.
I really hope there isn't an apostrophe in the game.

my mistake, I'm really tired today.

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 11 3:44 AM
Marissa707 wrote:I can't seem to find the screensaver that the BF gamepage promises - have anyone found it?
One of the reason I buy CEs is to enjoy the screensavers....

Quote:

"The Collector’s Edition includes:

Bonus gameplay
Stunning screensavers
Incredible artwork"

On the main menu, it's under the Extra's heading. Got a great soundtrack too

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 11 3:39 AM
I also have no glass on the ledge (top of cave) really wierd as the task hint and visual hints keep telling me it's there, but there is nothing there!

I already got the red glass/crystal out from the rocks using pickaxe and have collected the other pieces, except for this invisible one! Any suggestions/help would be really appreciated!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator