Posts created by sgrwlf27

posted in Steel LIFE on Mar 3, 16 7:13 AM
Did you get the mechdog and give it back to old man? He will give you the elevator key to go down and get dog's collar. Dynamite is there also. Then you have to place the dynamite in the hole in the wall. When the map doesn't show you an active place, either switch the map(top of screen) or click and drag map to see all places. Otherwise, there is an inventory item to deal with/combine if no active map spot.

HTH

posted in Parallels Cross on Feb 10, 16 8:32 AM
Nosferat2 wrote:spoiler- highlight textbox to see

I don't see any textbox to highlight. Anyone able to give a hint (i.e., a number between 12 & 17, etc.)

Thanks.

posted in Sea of Lies: Tide of Treachery Collector's Edition on Aug 2, 15 1:30 PM
I have been playing this game just fine and now on the lighthouse path where the giant anchor sits atop a concrete box, which we already pried off the panel and got our goodies, I am stuck. Wondered why that scene didn't close after I got items earlier, since moving my cursor anywhere didn't reveal anything further to do.

Now I finally consult the guide and see that I am supposed to get the 2nd half of an item and in the guide's pic you can see that half wheel hiding in the grass. In my scene, there is nothing hiding anywhere and trying to use the inventory item to retrieve it from behind the grass gets the item returned to inventory with a message indicating I am doing something wrong.

Could this be a tech issue/glitch? Has anyone else had this happen?

posted in Sea of Lies: Tide of Treachery Collector's Edition on Aug 2, 15 1:28 PM
I have been playing this game just fine and now on the lighthouse path where the giant anchor sits atop a concrete box, which we already pried off the panel and got our goodies. Wondered why that scene didn't close after I got items since moving my cursor anywhere didn't reveal anything further to do.

Now I finally consult the guide and see that I am supposed to get the 2nd half of an item and in the guide's pic you can see that half wheel hiding in the grass. In my scene, there is nothing hiding anywhere and trying to use the inventory item to retrieve it from behind the grass gets the item returned to inventory with a message indicating I am doing something wrong.

Could this be a tech issue/glitch? Has anyone else had this happen?

SOLVED: It would have been nice if directions or SG said click and "drag" cursor to connect the cubes by color. Tried this and it works.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this puzzle. Directions are not specific enough: Link up the squares by color on each cube. Link trajectories cannot cross. Even looking at the solution X, I only see lit color cubes on each, no directionality as to how to get those cubes lit up correctly. Any better directions on what I'm trying to do would be much appreciated.

posted in Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collector's Edition on Jun 13, 15 12:21 PM
I cannot figure out what the in game instructions mean. They say place the tiles according to the time they appear. SG gives no solution. What do you mean "place?" place where? I try picking up the one showing in the lower left and have tried moving it to the clock, moving it to another location on the branch. The clocks are running so fast I don't have time to see a time when one appears before it is gone.

Lately, it seems in game instructions are very hard to understand as they don't give enough information. The one liners they give would be more understood if a second line added things like, puzzle will reset if you choose the wrong one, etc.

Maybe someone who has played this game can tell me what I am supposed to do. I play these for the puzzles and hate to have to skip due to not enough info.

posted in Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collector's Edition on Jun 12, 15 5:08 PM
sgrwlf27 wrote:
sydken wrote:Can anybody throw the water on the stairs in the house.

I just bought this game over the weekend sale of 2 for 1 CEs. I had downloaded the demo though upon release. I just posted a new topic in the forum about this very issue. Does this mean I did NOT get the updated game and this is a glitch? Cause it doesn't kick me out of the game but keeps returning the vase to inventory. I though maybe it was a "gotta be exactly here" issue, but I have tried everything and no success.

So it sounds like this was a known issue before the update.

SOLVED: you have to first click on the steps themselves when you see the magnifying glass. Then you are taken into a closeup of the stairs and can use the vase of water to put out the fire.

posted in Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collector's Edition on Jun 12, 15 5:06 PM

I posted the same issue in the tech area; SOLVED: you have to first click on the steps themselves when you see the magnifying glass. Then you are taken into a closeup of the stairs and can use the vase of water to put out the fire.

posted in Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition on Jun 10, 15 12:03 PM
Well since I just bought this game last week, if all the things I read in the tech issue forum is true, they must've fixed as I have had NO problem playing this game until now. In the bonus game, strategy guide says to place the 2 wires on the breaker and pull the switch. Spinning cogs indicate I am in the right place, but wires don't attach to the broken wires or replace them; just stay on my cursor and you hear a short circuit sound. Try to pull the switch, same sound. Any ideas why this would happen at the very end of the game that played perfectly for me? I searched every thread of the forum and no one ever mentioned this, though someone did mention the game was perfect until the bonus game, but the issue was different.

posted in Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition on Jun 10, 15 12:01 PM
Well since I just bought this game last week, if all the things I read in the tech issue forum is true, they must've fixed as I have had NO problem playing this game until now. In the bonus game, strategy guide says to place the 2 wires on the breaker and pull the switch. Spinning cogs indicate I am in the right place, but wires don't attach to the broken wires or replace them; just stay on my cursor and you hear a short circuit sound. Try to pull the switch, same sound. Any ideas why this would happen at the very end of the game that played perfectly for me? I searched every thread of the forum and no one ever mentioned this, though someone did mention the game was perfect until the bonus game, but the issue was different.

sgrwlf27 wrote:I have read through all of these tech issues and had nothing like this happen to me. Demo was great, I am over halfway through the game on Win 7 and have had no issues till now. I am hoping this is not a glitch, though the way the last 5 games I've bought turned out that is highly expected now.

I used the metal scaler and removed the debris from the faucet in the cell. Water keeps flowing and I'm like, why isn't it filling up and giving me that last little soldier sword (2 of 2 parts)? I go elsewhere and get the bucket and think, "Really? You want me to fill the bucket and pour it down the drain when the water's already running into it?" LOL. Nope, looked at guide and used bucket to retrieve item from column. But guide says once I remove debris, to take the 2nd soldier part. Can't. Each click, says, "It's too far down. Maybe if I float this it will surface."

Water's been running for about 30 minutes now and nothing.

Please help and tell me if I have to submit ANOTHER ticket on another game from another developer that used to be a sure thing.

OOPS..not a glitch. Missed the part about putting the cloth to plug the drain.
Hope this helps any others who may go brain dead upon occasion.

I have read through all of these tech issues and had nothing like this happen to me. Demo was great, I am over halfway through the game on Win 7 and have had no issues till now. I am hoping this is not a glitch, though the way the last 5 games I've bought turned out that is highly expected now.

I used the metal scaler and removed the debris from the faucet in the cell. Water keeps flowing and I'm like, why isn't it filling up and giving me that last little soldier sword (2 of 2 parts)? I go elsewhere and get the bucket and think, "Really? You want me to fill the bucket and pour it down the drain when the water's already running into it?" LOL. Nope, looked at guide and used bucket to retrieve item from column. But guide says once I remove debris, to take the 2nd soldier part. Can't. Each click, says, "It's too far down. Maybe if I float this it will surface."

Water's been running for about 30 minutes now and nothing.

Please help and tell me if I have to submit ANOTHER ticket on another game from another developer that used to be a sure thing.

posted in Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collector's Edition on May 27, 15 10:29 AM

I just bought this game over the weekend sale of 2 for 1 CEs. I had downloaded the demo though upon release. I just posted a new topic in the forum about this very issue. Does this mean I did NOT get the updated game and this is a glitch? Cause it doesn't kick me out of the game but keeps returning the vase to inventory. I though maybe it was a "gotta be exactly here" issue, but I have tried everything and no success.

So it sounds like this was a known issue before the update.

posted in Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collector's Edition on May 27, 15 10:18 AM
If you're talking about under the vase of water, you have to move the leftmost piece first and see it flip. Then do each one to the right and finally the half circle will slide down to connect to the other part.

Hope this helps.

posted in Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collector's Edition on May 27, 15 10:15 AM
This is so annoying. Both Guide and hint show using the vase of water at the base of the stairs and everytime I put it there it goes back into inventory. I keep trying higher/lower, left/right, nothing. Anybody remember having this issue and exactly where the dev MUST have it placed?

posted in I Know a Tale on May 25, 15 12:19 PM
Forgot about that lowest level location. Complete that and everything goes smoothly to completion.

posted in I Know a Tale on May 25, 15 8:01 AM
I have been to every location I am sure and hint keeps telling me to look somewhere else. Help.

posted in I Know a Tale on May 24, 15 1:48 PM
The tricky thing about this type of game is that you have to think outside the box. I kept thinking I only needed to be "on the island" now. After going back to something not done before leaving for the island, you can progress.

Hope this helps others stuck at this point.

posted in I Know a Tale on May 24, 15 1:45 PM
walkswithdogs wrote:You have to find a red crystal heart and go back to mainland and give heart to fisherman. He will give you oil.

I have looked everywhere and have placed 7 of symbols in lighthouse. Hint keeps pointing me to light the lamp but I don't have any oil yet. Can't find anything else.

The hint system in this game and lack of map with locations with something to do makes this very hard game. The only thing left on the island to do so far is:
feed birds; light lamp; find a heart. Can't do any of these with hint system only pointing me to do what I cannot do and saying Maybe I should look somewhere else everywhere I go.

Help.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator