Posts created by hidnseekr

posted in Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition on Sep 29, 17 5:41 PM
I had a difficult time with the silhouette picture puzzle in bonus chapter. I finally figured it out but I did look at the strategy guide and was disappointed with it. It showed no instruction and not even a solution.
Strategy guides have been without instruction lately for most games. Only "see solution" on most. Sometimes I would like to know how they arrived to that solution.

posted in Midnight Calling: Wise Dragon Collector's Edition on Aug 19, 17 4:31 PM
I loved the little imp in the "Witch's legacy's". I think that's the series. He is so cute!

I have the same problem and it has to be in the bonus chapter. And I had already installed the update and then going all that way and getting stuck. I really don't want to uninstall and install and start all over. The strategy guide shows 41 pages in bonus chapter and this brings us up to 25? Not really worth going thru all that.

posted in Love Chronicles: Death's Embrace on Aug 13, 17 5:13 PM
Trying to do the skull puzzle and just cannot get last one in right place. I cheated and looked at the SG, it just shows the solution. If your going to write a "strategy" guide, maybe show how you came to the conclusion. That would help. I have to skip this one.

Not sure if this is a tech issue as it has happened before but today is Aug 11th and there is a promo using coupon code "tales". I keep getting a message that this cannot be done, try again later. I would really like to get the game on this sale. This has happened before and never did change so I just didn't buy the game. Can anyone help with this? The code stops at midnight and its 8:30 pm here and I am not staying up till midnight anyway.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Jun 1, 17 6:39 PM
I loved the music in this game and then I heard "Shine on you crazy Diamond" by Roger Waters and that has to be where it comes from . I've been saying for a long time that developers need to integrate some "known" music in the games.
This music made the game really eerie.
Keep up the good work. I know this game is older now, but I replay it now and then and just recently connected the music!

posted in Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition on May 25, 17 7:15 PM
sorry my bad!

same problem here with paw prints locking me out

trying to purchase this and one other game on 5/10/17, using code "free" for CE, buy one get one. I keep trying, it keeps saying try again later. So can't buy them!

posted in The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition on Apr 21, 17 4:03 PM
I went to "symbols" at the end of game to find the symbols that I missed. I like this feature so you can go back to get them. Only trouble is, in the boat house there should be 2, I must have found one. I cheated with the strategy guide and I cannot find the last symbol at all. I clicked everywhere it showed they should be. Does anyone know the secret?[size=14]

Also, cannot find any bonus chapter.

posted in A Wizard's Curse on Apr 13, 17 4:36 PM
to get wire on bird cage. use your hand for the wire then use the knife on the mirror handle.

posted in Phantasmat: Mournful Loch Collector's Edition on Apr 13, 17 4:04 PM
same game different day

posted in Edge of Reality: Ring of Destiny Collector's Edition on Mar 18, 17 7:22 PM
The bonus chapter in this game ended very badly. Did not even think that was the end!
Also, the puzzles in this game seemed ridiculously easy or impossible.(there were a couple that was do-able.)

I can't seem to get the suitcase open in the beginning, to get the tool you need after getting the time accelerator. Have the key card but it won't open.

posted in Surface: Virtual Detective Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 17 6:56 PM
I also had this problem. Thank you very much for taking the time

posted in Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition on Jan 9, 17 6:23 PM
I thought I did this puzzle correctly(placing pink, green and blue beads around the circles). You can't see the example posted on the wall very well. So I looked at the SG. The solution does not look like any solution I ever saw.
I don't know what I am doing wrong, maybe I am seeing it wrong.
Any suggestions?

Cookie

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour on Dec 29, 16 6:44 PM
The guide never seems to help.
"Spoiler"
It's like this now with a lot of the games. The guide used to tell you how a puzzle is done or have better directions. This one just shows the solution.
Like the "pressure valves" puzzle. I don't think there was any clue as to how to turn them.
I think a guide should explain more of the puzzles, not just show solution.

posted in Phantasmat: Reign of Shadows Collector's Edition on Nov 6, 16 8:10 PM
HI, again sorry for the late reply. That puzzle was not for my head! You did explain it well but I guess my head and heart were not in it. lol
Thanks for the help anyway

posted in Lost Lands: The Wanderer Collector's Edition on Nov 6, 16 8:02 PM
Thanks for the help Sazoria.
Sorry my thank you is late. I will be playing them in order. I tried out 2 of them and they seem like pretty good games!

I am asking for help with the hexagon puzzle in bonus chapter. Strategy guides used to tell you how to do a puzzle. Now they just show the solution, which is not always helpful.
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to get the hexagons to be turned right. I can swap and I use the center to turn the whole thing but the individual pieces do not end up turned in the right position.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator