Posts created by vicalana

Totally agree.

posted in Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 14 1:17 AM
The game froze twice on me in the first few minutes. So it's a no buy from me.

posted in Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster on Apr 7, 14 8:52 AM
I actually got ads all over my screen - not BFG - but it was driving me crazy. I went into 'my programmes and features' - you know where you can install/uninstall. I found a name I didn't recognize. Went to Google to check it out - discovered it was bad - deleted it and solved the problem! Good luck!

posted in Dark Romance: Vampire in Love Collector's Edition on Feb 27, 14 2:36 PM
shorenuf wrote:Love and Death Bitten? I would take the sequel to that game over this current offering in a heartbeat. Unfortunately. PlayFirst has stopped developing PC / Mac games, so the cliffhanger ending will only be solved in our imaginations.

For those unfamiliar, guess what? You played as 2 characters, the Vampire and the girl he falls for. But this story involves a love triangle -- "H*ll hath no fury like a [Vampire] scorned."

Produced only as an SE in 2010, of course it lacks many of the expected bells and whistles, but in terms of play time, clever puzzles, and story, it could stand proudly next to many CE's.

Dark Romance: Vampire in Love has potential for sure, but for me it is missing the mark. And, you see, the idea of playing as 2 characters is not all that new and unique. Besides, I thought the artwork less polished than in this developer's previous game, Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope. I bought that game because I recognized the potential for even better games to follow, so this one was a disappointment.

If you go to the Domini Games site and click on any of their games, you are brought to the BF game page. So, with the BF backing, I hope Domini keeps trying. Certainly Dark Romance: Vampire in Love is a good game that could have been great. I want to see their next effort, for sure!

LOVED that gamexxxx

posted in Lost Civilization on Nov 6, 13 8:53 AM
Re lost ciivilization

So do I xxxxx

posted in Lost Civilization on Nov 6, 13 6:25 AM
Yes it certainly took long enough to get the forum up and running! Did anyone else get some message about the game having an older version of something in my puter and told to resolve the issue, but it installed anyway? Very strange.

I liked the game. But it did get very jerky at times.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 28, 13 9:41 AM
It's crashed on me twice in the space of 5 minutes, so it's a no buy from me.

posted in Jane Austen's: Estate of Affairs on Sep 11, 13 6:59 AM
Thoroughly enjoying it. Though I didn't like 'Northranger Abbey' on the book. Yes it's short. Yes it's very clunky. Yes it's very dated. But I have hugely enjoyed all the details. And the puzzles are different. I bought it in the sale. I agree with justthefacts.
I find the thatched cottages and all the flowers lovely to look at.

posted in Jane Austen's: Estate of Affairs on Sep 10, 13 2:50 AM
Thank you - I'll try that.

posted in Jane Austen's: Estate of Affairs on Sep 10, 13 1:45 AM
It's failed to download 3 times - taking too long, I think.

posted in Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition on Aug 17, 13 3:36 PM
Lasted two minutes. Enough said.

posted in Nearwood Collector's Edition on Aug 8, 13 6:42 AM
Althena533 wrote:I can't believe they put the solution to one of the puzzles in the video! ;v) I let you guys figure out which puzzle! ;v)

You're right!! Unbelievable. But I'm glad they added the butterfly scene. So very lovely.

posted in Nearwood Collector's Edition on Aug 8, 13 6:32 AM
This isn't just a game, it's an experience. I lingered over one scene cos I was pretty sure when I backed out I wouldn't get back in and I just wanted to enjoy it. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. It doesn't have many hidden o scenes (which I love) and so far a couple of FROGS (which I don't love). But it doesn't matter. Thank you developers!!

posted in Nearwood Collector's Edition on Aug 8, 13 4:41 AM
Me too!! LOVE this game. There are some different puzzles. It's so beautiful to look at. Very original characters. I have bought every one of this developer's games and have loved them all. Off to buy!!

caput wrote:I'm with Spratty on this one. I just did not like it. Tried to like it but it just never grabbed my attention. Going to give this one a go by.

Me too. And I loved the first one. But the beginning was so similar. And I hated all the tendrils. And yes - kudos to the developers - there's loads to do. But it's a no from me.

posted in Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil on Jul 13, 13 5:45 AM
Glad you got it!!

posted in Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil on Jul 13, 13 5:08 AM
Pam - I found that bit really weird too. I kept clicking the alchemist's glove - had no idea what I was doing - sometimes the glove showed up large and sometimes it didn't. Anyway, I just kept clicking like crazy and eventually destroyed it. But I didn't know if I was supposed to be aiming for any part - I tried the centre. Didn't enjoy that bit, cos the red flashing was not pleasant. HTH. Good luck!!

posted in Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil on Jul 13, 13 4:32 AM
I'm really enjoying it too - though the monster-beating threw me for a while! And thanks, Valdy, for the heads up in the other thread - I had missed the soft release.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Jun 18, 13 9:03 AM
Me too - it was so short! And MCF has always given you a long run for your money.

posted in Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition on Jun 16, 13 1:01 PM
NiceZombie wrote:What a great cinematic game with an epic soundtrack and a story of good and evil, Heaven and Hell (and the Gates of the two are really cool locations, it was fun to see the Purgatory part of this game) Excellent graphics, especially in the beginning, some beautiful scenes there with the trees waving in the wind..

Quite a long game too, it took me a while to complete; the bonus chapter was good, fun and long too. Loved the interactive ''put stuff back'' HO scenes, my favorite; and the puzzles were fun to play.

I e
njoyed it.

Totally agree

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator