Posts created by Loralia

posted in New Yankee in Santa's Service on Feb 2, 14 10:49 AM
I tried this game because there have been a number of good reviews but honestly, I don't care for it. I like TM/strategy games but I like to take my time and think things out both before and as I play and there is no relaxed option for this game. You can also only use the game cursor, there is no option to click it off, and it's a bit slow, at least on my computer. It's too bad, it looked cute but I play games to have fun and relax a bit and that's just not possible with this one, especially up a few levels. So, unless they add a relax option no buy for me!

posted in The Great Tree on Jun 9, 12 10:43 AM
I was still a bit new to games when I purchased this one in 5/2008 and I was stunned at the beauty of the game. The cut scenes are incredible, the graphics amazing (especially for Jan 2008) and the action intense. While I was not a fan of the voice, I eventually just turned it off. I do like the music but after a while I turned it off, too, and just played the game. I liked the story line very much, enjoying how the fairies were trying to save their world against evil forces. It's clear, crisp, and beautiful where nothing is what it seems.

If you like to PLAY a game, I highly recommend this one. While I have never been able to actually finish it, (my reflexes are REALLY not what they used to be) I still go as far as I can and still enjoy the ride. This is one of the few early (for me) games I still play (along with the first Fishdom, another truly great Match Three game) and the quality of this game still amazes me. There are games being made today, with much newer technology, that aren't nearly as well made and well-put-together as this one is.

posted in Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights ™ on Jun 1, 12 7:28 AM
I made the mistake of clicking off widescreen in options and now can't get it back. In doing so it took all available options to the bottom of the screen where I cannot access them as they disappeared. I cannot get back to the "options" screen to turn the widescreen back on. I uninstalled and resinstalled it but it's still in the other screen and I don't know how to change it back. In addition, it seems to have messed up something with my computer as now it's acting strangely, hesitating, and the space bar sticks and hestitates and when it does move, it doesn't add the necessary space between words. What so I do?

posted in Campgrounds on May 29, 12 6:01 PM
I downloaded the updated version and now I cannot get past level 29. In addition, it says "challenge mode", now and I was not on the challenge mode in the original download. I don't even recall there being one. In addition, I cannot find anything to get me OFF the challenge mode. Any ideas? I'm getting a bit frustrated.

posted in Campgrounds on May 23, 12 5:47 PM
Uninstall/reinstall:

I did this and while the game seems a bit better, now I'm in challenge mode! I also cannot find anyplace that will allow me to change it back. I went into every available place on the game, including options, and there is nothing that lists this. What do I do now???

posted in Campgrounds on May 23, 12 3:36 PM
I did this and while the game seems a bit better, now I'm in challenge mode! I also cannot find anyplace that will allow me to change it back. I went into every available place on the game, including options, and there is nothing that list this. What do I do now???

posted in Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice on May 6, 12 7:16 AM
I enjoyed the first game and eagerly waited for the second part. Interestingly enough, I was thinking about this the other day and here it is! So, my review of the demo, which is all I've done so far.

I'm not going to describe what the game is about, there are already excellent descriptions previously posted. As has been stated elsewhere, there are three levels of play. I chose casual as I prefer to take my time with games, at least in the beginning, or, in some cases, first time through. Sparkles do exist although I did not find them annoying. (I generally don't) The game seemed fairly self-explanatory, reasonably easy to navigate with a journal to help keep track of your tasks, and, at least so far, not too much too-ing and fro-ing. I liked the puzzles and was able to complete most of them, although with a hint or two on a couple. So far several I haven't seen before and enjoyed working my way through.

No, not much of a story line but if you go into it with the idea that the graphics may not be top-of-the-line and the story a bit disjointed you can still have a good time with this game. I've read the book and so far they do follow the story to at least some degree. It's not a "female romance" game, there's more to it than that and they actually got fairly creative with the puzzles with (so far) no true HOS scenes.

I didn't finish with the "must have more!" feeling so will probably wait for a DD or WD to purchase. All in all, a decent but not, in my humble opinion, great game.

posted in Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™ on May 2, 12 6:42 AM
I bought this from the devs a few weeks ago (It came at a time when I really needed something) and I definitely enjoyed it. I feel calling it a CE because of one extra auction plus extra music was a bit over the top but it's still a great game.

I loved the original Gardenscapes so was delighted when they brought this one out. If you played the first one, this one is very similar only the inside of the house instead of the outside. Austin is his usual self (I would love to have my own Austin, lol) and I enjoy his comments. I very much like a good sense of humor!

The game is very similar to the original, HOS scenes which are generally not junkpiles, there are small, quick, sparkles in relaxed (I don't care for rushing my way through) the music is nice, you periodically get requests from other people and look for objects for them, and occasionally fix something around the house. The dog is cute (although I am more of a cat person ) and definitely adds to the atmosphere. The only thing I didn't care for (and this is just me) is some of what was offered for fixing the place up seemed a little odd and over the top and some things simply didn't match. However, that's my PERSONAL perception and I very much enjoyed the game anyway. It's worth a look and trial and as far as I'm concerned, Austin makes the game! I definitely recommend it.

posted in Campgrounds on Apr 26, 12 6:34 PM
PB2010....THANK YOU! This worked right off the bat and I'm deeply grateful..

I may never get more than a few gold with this game. Royal Envoy was easy compared to this but I'm not giving up. I stopped trying for gold early on and just decided to play it and become familiar with it, something I tend to do with this type of game. After running through it a couple more times I might really begin to aim for the gold.

posted in Campgrounds on Apr 25, 12 6:02 AM
The shrubs was a great idea and it didn't even occur to me. However, just buying shrubs didn't work for me, even with demolishing the factory. I did find that by buying a lot of seeds and putting in one pond with shrubs in the other lots I got all my eco-points.

I just finished this game and I must say it was well worth it. So many CE's are extremely similar, and frankly, I haven't purchased one in a while. Usually there's a lot of to'ing and fro'ing and such a sameness to them. I really enjoyed this storyline, especially since I love dragons and phoenixes anyway. A VERY refreshing change!

I played the game in "casual" mode as I always need lots of help.

I thought the graphics were good, some cool "special effects" and the "hidden object" scenes had variations with some interaction I rather enjoyed.

The voiceovers weren't too bad, the "bad guy" was a bit melodramatic, but better than some I've heard.

The music was OK and very in synch with the storyline. I enjoyed it until I got bored with the third or fourth round of it, lol. Some of it seemed quite familiar.

There was just enough "darkness" to it to add spice but not so much that I felt I was in a horror movie. I've gotten tired of killings, horror and so much sameness in that. I haven't purchased many CE's and a couple I still haven't finished because of those very things.

From my admittedly limited perspective, the puzzles were quite interesting with some being rather different from the run-of-mill I have been used to. They were challenging for me and I did have to skip a couple. They felt like a refreshing change.

I thought the bonus chapter was a decent length and definitely added to the storyline. And yes, as another mentioned, (I'm sorry, I can't remember who) the ending was cute and I loved it.

I did not get bored with this CE whatsoever. In fact, I may go back through it again, something I have never done. Generally once I finish with a Hidden object/adventure or whatever you call one like this off it goes and I never look at it again. Not this time, this was a very enjoyable game and I highly recommend it, especially for those who've gotten tired of the regular offerings. If could find other CE's like this one, I might buy more!

posted in Jigsaws Galore on Jan 10, 12 1:30 PM
I haven't tried this yet but am going to in just a few minutes as I like jigsaws. However, I am really curious why this was issued as a soft release today when it came out in July 2011. Anyone know? I've never seen this happen before. Not complaining, just wondering.

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Nov 20, 11 9:30 AM
I enjoy good sci-fi/fantasy although am rather picky about who/what. I dived into this game and was immediately captured by it. Good graphics, no need for a strategy guided (love that part, they did an excellent job on the hints) and a cool story line. I haven't purchased it yet (have to wait a bit) but this is definitely on my list to buy.

I always need some guidance in a more complex game so finally purchased several CE's. However, if they created more games with this kind of hint system, I wouldn't bother. I don't need wallpapers and such, just some assistance. I really don't like having to exit a game, go to a walkthrough, and then reload the game again. I have a couple games where that has been necessary for me and I gave up. Not worth it on my end. This was great and I really enjoyed it. Definitely a buy!

No rope
by Loralia on Nov 2, 11 12:23 PM

I posted this on the regular forums about a week ago but had no response, thought I'd post here and see if anyone else had this problem.

>>>I have just opened the back hall door beyond the Tropical Room and the Aquarium in the museum and it tells me to go to through the door, go to the back panel, click on the button and then click on the rope to enter a HOS. I did all that, clicked on the button, it's in my inventory but no rope shows up on the floor so no HOS. Anyone else have this problem? The strategy guide says nothing about anything else to do, I triple checked.<<<

posted in Reincarnations: Back to Reality Collector's Edition on Nov 2, 11 12:23 PM
I have just opened the back hall door beyond the Tropical Room and the Aquarium in the museum and it tells me to go to through the door, go to the back panel, click on the button and then click on the rope to enter a HOS. I did all that, clicked on the button, it's in my inventory but no rope shows up on the floor so no HOS. Anyone else have this problem? The strategy guide says nothing about anything else to do, I triple checked.

posted in Ravensburger Puzzle Selection on Oct 13, 11 7:08 AM

This sounded interesting so I am downloading right now. I like jigsaw puzzles as a change of pace from some of the other games.

I also went looking for Jigsaw Mania but couldn't find it here. Do I assume it's on another site?

posted in Reincarnations: Back to Reality Collector's Edition on Oct 12, 11 10:00 AM
I bought and played the other two and actually found the first one more enjoyable and more fun for me than the second, although the second was a lot more complex. (I have no problem with reincarnation) However, this one also caught my attention and I finished the demo in 55 minutes. I wasn't trying to go as fast as possible as I like to take my time and really feel into a game to know if it's worth my time, effort, and money. I also found it intriguing that I could replay the demo under another profile name. I've not seen that before.

As far as being realistic goes, how many of the games available are actually realistic? 1 out of 10? 1 out of 20? Less than that? Haunted sanitoriums, haunted churches, haunted towns, possession, demons, fairy tales, ect. Even the ones that appear to be more realistic add things in here and there in order to attempt to make the game more of a decent length and hopefully interesting. It's like so many of the movies these days, a lot of special effects, and throwing in a lot of so-called "non-realistic" things as well.

I liked this one. The graphics didn't seem as clear as I might have liked but certainly better than many others. The **** scenes were quite doable, I found the music added to the energy of the game and while I wasn't in the "absolutely can't wait to get to the next part" mode, I definitely was caught up in it and will probably buy it. It was interesting, kept me moving forward and did somewhat follow some of the typical, more basic ideas of reincarnation, as did the first one.

All in all, definitely worth my time and effort.

posted in 4 Elements II on Sep 27, 11 4:37 AM
While I, too, have the first one, I found the graphics on this a bit disappointing. Yes, they are clear and colorful, the extra mini-games within the match-three game itself, are, at least in the beginning, sort of interesting, and the music was quite nice. However, I found the whole thing a bit "cartoony", much more so than the original version. I felt like I was watching a Disney animation, especially with Pegasus. THAT is quite disappointing to me as if I want to watch a cartoon I can do so elsewhere. If you check out the graphics on the 1st one, you will see what I mean. It's too bad, I might have considered it otherwise.

This is a no buy for me as I know I won't be able to get past the cartoon feeling. One reason I liked the 1st one was because it DIDN'T have that cartoon effect.

posted in Rescue Frenzy on Sep 22, 11 9:07 AM
I've never been much of a TM fan as I like to take my time and plan things out. However, I am really enjoying this one and bought it as soon as the trial was over. Yes, the load time is ridiculous, yes the timer starts the immediately but all in all, I'm having quite a good time with it. So much, in fact, that I will check out other TM games and see if I like those as well. Perhaps I've changed since I began playing games. It does make a nice change from all the darker and more gloomy games, even though I like some of those as well.

posted in Slingo Quest Amazon on Sep 21, 11 5:31 AM
I found Slingo for the first time when the first Slingo mixed with hidden object games came out and I had fun with those. I immediately went looking for more and demo'd and then purchased several others. However, I had trouble with this one and found that I had to replay again and again for reasons mentioned by others. (Devil taking all the money, slow reels, game freezing, had to reboot computer) I don't mind a good challenge and it's much lighter than than many other games but this one was rather buggy, more frustrating instead of challenging unlike the others have been from my perception, and I just said "NO". Too bad as I had a punch card credit to use and have been looking for a good, relaxing game. This one was not it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator