Posts created by oldflipper

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Sep 22, 09 6:05 PM
Yeh I contacted BF too. Still didn't work after all a day and a half of downloading and installing upgrades.
For some unknown reason, I downloaded the game onto my old computer today. IT WORKS. Damned if I can figure it out. The old one has no upgrades and is almost out of memory.

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Sep 15, 09 5:58 AM
Zorrobac. A couple of us have done all that and reloaded, checked video cards etc. It's a glitch. I'm waiting for them to fix it.

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Sep 11, 09 9:22 AM
Thanks LizzieK but I did all that the only thing left is the frame. No bubbles anywhere else to suggest I've misssed an area. Checked the walkthrough and haven't missed anything. Gotta be the game.

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Sep 11, 09 8:52 AM
I'm having the same problem . Even after re-downloading. Must be a glitch. I'm off to inform BF

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 26, 09 7:45 PM
Same with me. I can't even see it. However I kept trying and finally it took. I was clicking so fast I'm not sure exactly where but it was near the cross bar of the window.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 26, 09 7:35 PM
I had the same problem. Then I clicked on the tail feathers and it finally took it. I had the same problem with the kite, which I couldn't see outside the window. Now it's a musical note outside the window in the music room for Drusilla. I've been clicking for ten minutes within the hint circle but keep missing it somehow. I don't believe it's really there. I'm going to be like a salmon swimming up stream. I'll die trying.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 15, 09 4:35 PM
Gameboomers does have a partial walkthrough but it only goes as far as the underground. MaGtRo hasn't completed it yet, but what he's/she's got so far is there. A notification at the botttom says "stay tuned for updates". It's a help getting the feel of the game.

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Jul 2, 09 10:40 AM
Highland Max. I sure don't get any blue light. Just fairy dust. I've purposely waited till I was down to the last item, then found it but tried the reveal button and it doesn't do anything to the object. Think I'll contact the big fish and see if they can help. Thanks though.

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Jul 1, 09 5:10 PM
Thank you so much. I've been lkooking for the darned thing all day. Now I can untie that knot from my flippers and get on with things. While I've got you. Do you know how the reveal works. I only get fairy dust but it seem to point at anything certainly not that crown. Once it glowed on the claw in the very first scene, Looking for the crown I went through about fifteen reveals with no effect other than dust. Do you know how it should react or maybe I've got a glitch in my download. Thanks again.

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Jul 1, 09 4:12 PM
Thank you so much. I've been lkooking for the darned thing all day. Now I can untie that knot from my flippers and get on with things. While I've got you. Do you know how the reveal works. I only get fairy dust but it seem to point at anything certainly not that crown. Once it glowed on the claw in the very first scene, Looking for the crown I went through about fifteen reveals with no effect other than dust. Do you know how it should react or maybe I've got a glitch in my download. Thanks again.

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Jul 1, 09 1:45 PM
Can't find the crown in this scene. Tried the reveal button but it's not really doing anything even although it's fully loaded. How about a clue, please. What's it near? Tried a magnifying glass but that doesn't help either.

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Jul 1, 09 11:22 AM
When I press the reveal button nothing really happens. Sometimes fairy dust comes down from the top. Only once has the object glowed. I keep using up my reveals in chapter 4 for one lousy crown at the swamp gate. What am I supposed to watch for??? ?? Really frustrated.

posted in Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern on Apr 7, 09 8:36 PM
You can bypass. Go back to a saved game just after Lharik asks you find the bull-roarer. I had to go back to a long dialogue in the cave and listen to it all again.

Note that if you ask Tika about Lharik's bull-roarer she tells you to look in the large tree where you began this section. However, by not discussing this dialog topic with her, the action sequence in which you must chase wolves away with pinecones and a slingshot can be avoided.

posted in Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern on Apr 7, 09 8:17 PM
What a bummer spent an hour clicking on those wolves. I know I hit everyone of them more than once, with no results. I finally relented to a walkthrough and this is what I found.

Note that if you ask Tika about Lharik's bull-roarer she tells you to look in the large tree where you began this section. However, by not discussing this dialog topic with her, the action sequence in which you must chase wolves away with pinecones and a slingshot can be avoided.

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Mar 20, 09 4:10 PM
OK I got it. Figures as soon as you ask for help that's when you finally find it. Have a great swim fishies.

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Mar 20, 09 4:06 PM
I can't get the secretary to appear either. I've dealt with the bookcase, read about celts, saved the paper, and found blood. What else can there be? I do still get the pliers but can't find anything else. Help

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 17, 09 12:00 PM
Did all that (3 times). Guess it's just freezing at that spot. I contacted support yesterday, but so far no reply. I know they're busy and it might take a few days so thought I'd try the forum. Thanks anyway to both of you. Don't eat any little fishies, I might need them in another game.

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 16, 09 1:07 PM
Did all that. Now the telescope is a cold spot, the puzzle on the safe won't move. However I still have the Zodiac map in my inventory. This 3rd time I did the whole game from the walkthrough but still stuck on the same spot with the same problem. Can't figure it out. Must be a glitch.

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 16, 09 11:07 AM
For the 3rd time around, I've given up and followed the walkthrough. For whatever reason I don't receive a map. The safe and chess board still show active but the safe won't let me move the planets to try something else. I've played the game 3 times now and can't get past this spot. I've checked inventory to make sure it didn't go in unnoticed. Can anybody help!!! Oh and I have in my inventory flashlight, suspect cards and of all things the zodiac map.

posted in Syberia II on Feb 4, 09 1:55 PM
Yes, I enjoyed them both also. The music, the graphics the whole concept. I'll really miss my friends. I must also admit there was a tear in my eye a couple of times. The characters are all so memorable. More, I want more. Please.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator