Posts created by darksprires

I'm on the US side of the pond but live close to Canada and we can pick up Coronation Street here.
Indeed, we Canadians love Coronation Street !
Agree 100% with your comments on the game, too. Sad...

Speak for yourself. I don't know any fellow Canadians who like this show and I have friends from many Provinces. Certainly Albertans in general aren't going to bust a gut to watch this morbid moaning show. Maybe the few Brit expats enjoy the glum, and good for them. It is nice they have something they remember from their former home.

Well that is my little morning treat wrecked. I didn't even bother to down load the thing, I came here first and was that ever a justified decision! So, not only is the story based on some dismal, red-neck Brit soap, but apparently it is badly done, if all the little fishies who watch that show can't stand the game.

This was a no buy for me the moment I saw the title. I like the adventure and the mystery tales, not the plodding and pedantic. I have to wonder if the game morphed into being as a result of failed imagination on the part of the developers. Who wants to play a game based on a soap? Ugh.

And when is someone going to release a new FROG? I note the comment about the junk piles in HOGS, which are very true, especially recently. I would also point out that there aren't any junk piles in FROGS. They are much more aritist.

posted in Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa on Jun 3, 12 7:32 AM
The screen title comes up, it starts to go to menu and then the screen goes black and the cursor is frozen. By going to control/alt/delete and getting out of the game, I found IE had stopped working for this program. Two more attempts resulted in the same issue.

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition on May 11, 12 7:20 AM
I have been waiting for the next Blue Tea game and now I am very disappointed. I happen to love the FROG games and adored their magnificent Fabled Legends trio. This was a rather mundane HOG game. It is run of the mill and the graphics weren't up to the usual standard for this company. Added to that, the room map displayed in mirror image and gave very little indication of where to go next.

This was a ten sneaker game, with a lot of walking back and forth. I bought it as I was just hoping there would be a FROG scene later, but no, not unless you want to include putting back togeter a statue, where the pieces seemed to jump into place anyhow.

I guess I won't be bothering with BT games again, not unless they bring back the FROGS.

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers on Apr 6, 12 7:59 AM
I notice the developers have made no attempt to fix this game for the access violation on the CE. I still can't download this game and I don't see why I should have to mess with my new systems for a product I might not bother to purchase.

If I am spending my money on a product, it is not up to me to accomodate my system to allow it to function. The product shouldn't be marketed until it is ready to go.

posted in Solitaire Mystery: Stolen Power on Apr 3, 12 8:13 AM
I guess this is another game I am not able to try. My screen resolution is wrong and there has been some sort of crash in the download.

I have a wide screen monitor and my pc is up to date. I don't see why I should alter anything on my new systems for the sake of one game available for purchase. As a customer, I expect the supplier, (the developers), to have made some sort of attempt to make a product I can at least view.

What a shame. Yesterday's game was great. I bought that.

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 25, 12 6:46 AM
Well I guess I won't be playing this one, either. The game won't open, aside from a brief flash of black and the icon appearing on my tool bar for those few seconds. I don't see the point of developing a game that isn't universal.

posted in Fantastic Creations: House of Brass on Mar 23, 12 7:46 AM
Here is another game I can't play because I get an error violation message. I have to wonder if it is from the same source as the previous failed game. What a shame as it looked like an interesting game I might have bought.

And I am not going to start messing with my settings to accomodate one game. My updates and programs are recent. My pcs are recent. These failed games play on neither and I have huge ammounts of memory.

I was hoping things were on a roll after that stunning EC of yesterday. Sigh.

kris_cross48 wrote:I downloaded this game from the developer a bit ago and it played wonderfully. Makes one wonder if this is a Game Manager situation
kris

I went to the developer site and downloaded this game. Same problem. I downloaded another game that will probably soon appear here and that worked fine. Well, fine in that it opened and would play, but the cursor was very slow.

I guess this is going to be another disappointing Thursday. I get an error violation code when I download. I have tried to reinstall and that doesn't work.I did read the technical advice and my systems are up to date. I have Norton installed and it informed me the program was slightly unstable, but this has not stopped me playing such programs before.

I am not going to alter my security settings for one game. Something priced as a CE should run just as well, if not better, than other games.

posted in Fantastic Creations: House of Brass Collector's Edition on Feb 26, 12 12:29 PM
I get an error code access violation tag when I tried to open the game. I reinstalled it and exactly the same thing happened. I guess I won't be either playing the demo or buying this game. It looked good in the pictures and the blurb, too.

posted in Aaron Crane: Paintings Come Alive on Feb 21, 12 10:14 AM
The game does not fit my monitor. It is too tall and not wide enough. The controls are hidden in the part of the screenshot that is not visible to me, so I couldn't play with the options, even. I had to close the window to get out of the game and then deleted it. Pity, it looked interesting. Sadly, not playable.

posted in Atlantic Journey: The Lost Brother on Feb 6, 12 8:46 AM
I love FROGS, but I can't bear cartoonish scenes. I deleted after five minutes.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls on Feb 4, 12 12:22 PM
I can't even try this game as it says I need to adjust my screen resolution to something that will support the game. I have my screen on optimum res and other games work just fine. Maybe the developers need to finish making this product.

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 8:26 AM
Not a buy for me. I really don't see why it is needful to have someone with a speech impediment doing the voice over. Aside from that, some of the scenes were grainy and there seemed to be a lot of mini games with not many clues to find.

I can't see this being agreeable as and SE game and I have much better options to use up my free coupons than this. Maybe in a year or two, if there is nothing else of any interest?

posted in Maestro: Notes of Life Collector's Edition on Jan 12, 12 10:12 AM
Beautiful graphics and the H.O. scenes were clear, with some interactive parts. I have the first Maestro game, but I don't think I'll buy this CE. There is the problem of the short extras and this doesn't really stand out. I might wait until this is a S.E and then buy it with one of my free credits.

I enjoyed the demo, but I won't be buying the CE version for two reasons. The first is someone said there was no bonus content and the second is so many comments have been deleted from the review thread. Since I didn't read any of them, I have to assume they weren't favorable. And yes, I did read the comment to say they were deleted for being off topic. Fine, but I can't judge that for myself.

If I pay CE price, I expect a bonus chapter. It is quite possible I will wait until this is an SE and then use up one of my free credits.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Dec 22, 11 8:30 AM
I see Barbie and family have been recruited to jerk and girn their way across the screen. I guess this accounts for the size of the game and not the number of chapters. If there are only seven, plus the bonus, then it must be a very small game by CE standards.

I thought the H. O scenes were rough around the edges and the objects not too clear. I also didn't like the child sounding like grampa. Pity, I thought this would be a good one, but it is a no from me as both a CE and an SE.

posted in Christmas Tales: Fellina's Journey on Dec 20, 11 9:25 AM
The game loaded for me and I have a playable screen, except for one huge problem. The game doesn't fit its frame. Playing in regular mode meant the edges were off screen so I reduced to the smaller option. Oh, guess what? Same problem. If I can't see the instruction boxes, such as where the collected items are stored, then I can play. I stopped trying after five minutes.

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Dec 12, 11 8:48 AM
Same problem for me. I bought the game, noticed it seemed to install on the quick side and found I was stuck on the end of the demo message. I thought I would check here to see what others found before I wasted time uninstalling, or trying a new profile. Seems the game isn't going to work.

I hope the fix is going to happen soon.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator