Posts created by RyeMcLaughlin

posted in Seven Seas Solitaire on May 23, 13 12:15 AM
This is a good game for playing a few hands in between other games or tasks. The graphics are good and I like the challenges.

HOWEVER - do not under any circumstances purchase the pier upgrade that shows you all cards that are available to play. This upgrade causes those cards, including the cards in the stock pile to flash brightly and continuously. You can not turn this off. It's very distracting and makes the game unplayable for me.

Really a shame as I was enjoying the game until that point.

posted in Seven Seas Solitaire on May 21, 13 7:42 PM
It's not just the tutorial. If you purchase the "improved pier" which highlights all playable cards, these card will flash brightly and quickly. It's horrible and makes the game unplayable for me. If I could turn it off I would. I'm too far along in the game to want to start again, so I'll be trashing it. This "feature" gets zero stars from me.

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle on Apr 15, 13 5:50 AM
I loved the first two in the series, and #3 was OK, but this one is just disappointing. The graphics are well done, and it's a long game, but the storyline is almost non-existant. There are lots of puzzles, and many are different, but most have vague instructions at best. In the jigsaw puzzles, if you are not spot on with your cursor (to the very pixel) you won't be able to place the pieces. There was a connect the pipes puzzle that was full of leftover pieces and many of the correctly place pipes had open ends - usually forbidden in this type of puzzle.

I think the developers got lazy with this one. I can only give it , and that's for the graphics.

posted in Pizza, Pizza! on Apr 8, 13 2:06 PM
This game doesn't work on Snow Leopard (10.6.8) either. Same cursor issue. Game lags at the end of a board when calculating points as well as slows down randomly at other times.

Did anyone test this?

posted in All My Gods on Mar 10, 13 2:14 PM
Just hold down the mouse and drag the map back and forth. With the track pad hold down in lower left corner and drag with another finger.

I'm not exactly offended, but when I first saw those heels, instead of noticing the fabulous artwork, I was thinking - hey you can't be a warrior in those heels!. I think it's a distraction. The artists were being lazy. You can be sexy without high heels or a bodice so tight you can't breathe. Thigh high leather boots aren't a bad idea in the woods (leather would be good protection) but girl - put some pants on.

posted in Season Match on Feb 24, 13 7:17 AM
In the description of the game, BFG says
complete 260 collapse arcade levels with a bonus of extra 100 levels, available upon collection of all the trophies
. Quest has 60 levels, Arcade has 100 levels. Where are the other 100 levels?

I guess they mean 260 levels total including the bonus, but the description is very misleading.

posted in Season Match on Feb 24, 13 7:13 AM
Pumpkin729 wrote:
STARTWYNKLES wrote:You start with the Quest level. Once you successfully complete it, it will unlock the next part of the game you go through. Arcade. Once through the Arcade, having collected all of the Trophy's, you should be able to go to an extra level but we all who purchased this game have been stuck at the point where we should be able to do that. The Trophy level will tell me I had 100% failure rate on my mouse clicks in a level and it will not allow me to go on any further. I have a help request in to Michael and am waiting to hear back.
sartwyn61

How do I get the hour glass trophy? Does it matter what level I get in in? Must I get in it quest or arcade? PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLz help.

You get the hour glass trophy by clearing a level in under 40% of the allotted time. Some of the levels with bombs and crystals can go very quickly. Don't know if it matters which level as I got it on the Quest level.

posted in Season Match on Feb 24, 13 7:10 AM
There are 100 levels in the arcade, 20 per season plus 20 for the Queens throne room.

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 12 4:07 AM
For those of you who own Macs, this game does not work properly on most of them. If you are lucky the only problem is lack of music (which according to many PC players is very well done). If you have the wrong graphics card / OS combo, the game is unplayable.

Please contact Tech support, the on the right as well as Elephant games. If you have a Facebook account, post on the developer's page for this game. They have fixed the game for the PC players, maybe we can shame them into fixing the game for the Mac players as well.

I have a Mac OSX 10.6.8. There is no music in the game, only in the opening screen. Seems like every Elephant game has this issue. Also on my MacBook Pro running 10.7.5.

I was just through this last week with Tech Support for Christmas Stories Nutcracker. It's a known issue. Yet another game I would purchase as a CE, but it won't play properly on either computer.

Another Elephant game with no music on the Mac version.

ARRRGH!!! I put the last number in the clock and everything went black!

Fortunately I was able to get it started again by quitting and going back into the game, but it took a couple of tries. Starting over again was not going to be an option.

I am so tired of games that are rushed out without proper testing. I am tired of sending one blinking Dr. Felix after another with no resolution.

posted in Monopoly ® on Dec 6, 12 1:10 PM
tinkee22 wrote:Hi,,,Just wanting to know has anyone had trouble installing Monopoly ..it installes ok ,but when you press play it ,wont work ,,,this is for a mac and pc format <Cheers

Which Mac OS are you running and on what machine? This game requires 10.7/10.8

If you have the correct OS, you could try contacting Customer Service. Before you do though, you will need to do the following:

1. Make sure that you have the most recent versions of Adobe Flash and Shockwave and that you have run Software updates recently. Don't worry about updating programs like iTunes or printers unless you want them. You need the most recent updates of Quicktime, Stuffit and (I think) Java.

2. You will want to run a Dr. Felix report. The mac info is at the bottom of the page
>Dr. Felix                      

This will give them information about your computer.

3. Run Disk Utility which is in Applications/Utilities. You will want to first Verify Disk Permissions and then Repair Disk Permissions. This is a good thing to do on a regular basis.

When you contact CS (the on the right of the page) tell them what you have done. This should save one round of emails.

Welcome to the Mac Forum tinkee22.

posted in Patchworkz™ on Dec 3, 12 10:49 AM
On my Mac running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), I got an Error Code 900. You won't find this code in the Tech help section, but I've learned that this means that the Game Manager has loaded the game into the trash can. I pulled it out and the game ran after that.

Also, if you move one of the puzzle pieces too quickly to the side, it gets stuck. You have to let it go and click and drag it again to get it in place. Not fatal, but you lose that 100% Accuracy star.

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 12 7:06 AM
The music is only intermittent when playing the game except in the main menu on my iMac running 10.6.8. If I go into Options and click on the music volume, I get a few seconds of music, but it shuts off. The other sounds, all work.

The same is true for the game on a Mac Book Pro running 10.7.5.

Sometimes playing a puzzle will trigger the music for a short while.

Looks like an interesting game, but no interest in purchasing something that doesn't work well.

I'll be reporting it, but this developer doesn't have the greatest reputation for fixing problems.

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 12 7:02 AM
The music is only intermittent when playing the game except in the main menu on my iMac running 10.6.8. If I go into Options and click on the music volume, I get a few seconds of music, but it shuts off. The other sounds, all work.

The same is true for the game on a Mac Book Pro running 10.7.5.

Sometimes playing a puzzle will trigger the music for a short while.

Looks like an interesting game, but no interest in purchasing something that doesn't work well.

I'll be reporting it, but this developer doesn't have the greatest reputation for fixing problems.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 12 3:58 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi RyeMcLaughlin,

I'm sorry that link is not working for you, if you visit our Blog though, it is currently, the first listing!

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

The link works fine, it's the blog that doesn't function properly for me on either Firefox or Safari. I'm sending screen shots to CS, but they don't really deal with website issues, so I guess I'm out of luck.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 1:47 AM
Hondo wrote:Hey everyone!

For those who missed out on last Friday's Q&A, you can now re-live the action over on the blog.

<a href="http://bigfi.sh/AskLeaRecap">Twitter Q&A with Lea Thompson Recap</a>

We hope you all had as much fun as we did!

Hondo
Community Manager

I followed the link, but do not see the conversation. I just see the word Question with a number and either pictures or a YouTube link.

posted in Disharmony Blocks on Nov 12, 12 1:34 PM
First let me say that I love Match 3 games. I will purchase just about any of them. I was only able to last 10 minutes with this one.

No sliding blocks - you have to click to select and click to move

muddy graphics - looks like an iOS game blown up for the big screen

music on a short loop - very cheery steel drums - I would get stabby after a while listening to this

no player profile, so even if you wanted to buy this, you couldn't share with a younger family member.

If you play long enough you earn spells, and you can earn gold dust to purchase things including the ability to skip a level you just can't get (that's a great idea)

If this is the consolation prize for not getting the Novemberfest deal today, you have to wonder if has someone against the Mac players.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator