Posts created by MarkAlan

posted in Griddlers Beach Season on Apr 21, 16 8:00 AM
I played this game when it was released on a free site last year.
Like all of the other games in this series it was fair and well done.

Am I the only one who noticed the blurry horrible graphics???

Love Chronicles once was bright and colorful, now they're just as dark and evil as the rest of them.

What has happened to this series???

posted in Silver Tale on Apr 12, 16 9:05 PM
I played the previous game Runefall, and I liked some of the new improvements, but my big complaint is they've taken a step backwards by going from widescreen to the old square screen display that nobody uses... at least here in the USA. And if you deselect the aspect ratio in the options, you will be left with a horrid stretched effect. Runefall had a beautiful panoramic widescreen. Why did the developers take such a giant leap backwards?

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Magic Mosaics on Apr 12, 16 11:35 AM
Mouse cursor freezes up when the Music changes to the next track.
Unfortunately, lowering the volume on the Music does not stop this problem.

posted in Silver Tale on Apr 12, 16 11:32 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Windows XP isn't being supported by Microsoft any longer and I don't think many newer games will run on it either.

I have Windows XP and the game runs just fine, as do all of the other games on this site.

Windows 10 seems to have the most issues with game support, not XP.

posted in Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition on Mar 19, 16 2:30 AM

LD3333 wrote:Playing the demo I experienced a feeling of deja vu. Then I realized it was the exact same story as their last game "Heart of the Storm" where my character is being killed off at the end of the demo by a possessed man!

LOL. I noticed that too! Though I still give this game a thumbs up for graphics and presentation. But I do agree that they need to stop rehashing the same old tired stories. Speaking of which, the demo ends at chapter three and there are only five chapters in this game. The size of the full version is just over 600 megabytes. That's only half the size of most Collector's Editions. So I would surmise this will be a short time waster.

posted in World's Greatest Places Mosaics on Mar 16, 16 1:48 AM
I enjoy color mosaics like Wolf Stories, but after a few levels this one introduced different shapes and the puzzles became impossible to solve logically without using a hint. You should NEVER need a hint or resort to guess-work to solve a Griddler or Mosaic puzzle. A true nonogram can ALWAYS be solved by pure logic. And a timed mode for a thinking puzzle is unnecessary and absurd. I also discovered a glitch where right-clicking a square that should have been left-clicked cannot be undone. There was no way to correct or undo the mistake without having to restart the puzzle from the beginning. So I advise that you try before you buy .

posted in The Lost Tomb on Mar 14, 16 7:44 AM
There's a good reason this game is not on any other website. BFG has really hit rock bottom to release this home-made garbage. I'm not sure if this is actually a game or not. But someone's trash might be another person's treasure...

posted in Living Legends: Bound by Wishes Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 16 8:36 AM

I played another game in this series which I liked, but found this one to be lacking. I'm really tired of games that make you personally sign contracts with the devil (or close facsimile) in order to continue playing. The graphics were good, but the puzzles were all boring, and trite. The tired story has been done many times before. The music is old and reused from previous games in the series.
There's nothing new or original here. It's Cookie-Cutter at best. Guess this developer has joined the ranks of Eipix and ERS in cloning banality.

[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Dark Asylum: Mystery Adventure on Feb 3, 16 11:18 AM
Where do I begin to describe how detestable this is... It's a freemium game being sold for money. The poorest, colorless, most depressing graphics I've ever scene. The same short repeatable music. The same room keeps popping up. The objects seldom match the names on the list. Some of the objects are obscure. And to top it off, there's a clock and timer. Timed inside the HO scenes and timed outside the scenes. Something you would only expect for a free game, which this is not. The sad thing is that many free games are much better than this. It's no surprise the download size was so tiny. A big thumbs down to A!awar for attempting to peddle this garbage.

posted in Hidden Clues on Feb 2, 16 3:53 PM
For people experiencing the flashing lights, please provide your version of Windows.

posted in Gardens Inc. 4: Blooming Stars Collector's Edition on Jan 30, 16 9:04 AM
I earned a gold star in Normal mode for the first three levels and found the subsequent mole. I did not spot any treasure chest yet, but was informed by the Guide that they are not in all of the levels. Some new features like Hang Gliding were nicely animated. The game is not time management, but collecting resources and building, so it fits well in the Strategy category. I don't know what benefit the Collector's Edition warrants at double the price for a few bonus levels and a guide containing enough grammatical errors to sink the Titanic.

If you enjoy collecting resource and building games which appear quite frequently these days, than I would recommend waiting for the Standard edition next month.

nontechiegrannie wrote:This is the first game I have even considered buying in several weeks. There has been so much of the rehashed stories of ghosts, goblins, evil spirits,

You may want to wait for the standard version of this game, since the bonus chapter is about a ghost.

I have a question. The developer Mad Head stated they have already fixed the problems but are waiting for Big Fish Games. When do you expect to release the update?

I have mixed feeling about this game. I played both the main game and the bonus chapter. Both were very short. The graphics were good and had fun things to click on that animate. The story is a silly adaptation of the opera ghost or Phantom of the Opera. There is one number adding puzzle that has more than one solution and unfortunately only accepts the one in the Strategy Guide. Some scenes took awhile to load even though I have a decent graphics card. Most of the Mini-Games were fun and replayable with Casual and Hard Mode option. Unfortunately the only Mini-Game you can replay is the large one with the Match 3. So I do hope after this 10th installment that Elephant ends this series and does something different and less supernatural. Been there and done that too many times to count.

9otters wrote:the bonus content is extremely poor - can't go back to get anything you've missed - can't see any option to replay any hos or minigames. Very sorry I bought it.[/b]

Hi 9otters,
I'm thinking the "Archives" allows you to go back and replay. But unfortunately it doesn't unlock until you finish the bonus chapter, so I have no way of knowing.

Great Demo, but I have a question. Is there an area that unlocks later where you can replay the hidden-object and mini-games?

posted in Parallels Cross on Jan 18, 16 10:47 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing issues when trying to play this game.

Sorry to say that none of your suggestions help.
You need to contact the developer to fix the problem.

posted in Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 16 12:29 PM
Play the game in a Window and you should be able to view the right side of the screen to put out the last fire.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator