Posts created by bachlein

posted in Parallels Cross on Feb 26, 16 2:33 PM
I never could get it. I tried for 3 days and finally ended up skipping it. The second puzzle is much easier.

posted in Parallels Cross on Feb 23, 16 12:15 PM
I'm tagging along with all the kudos for this game. I knew it was for me when my time ran out on the demo. I think the puzzles are really puzzling...which is a good thing for my old brain. Thanks so much for the (non HOG) HOG game.

posted in Final Cut: Fade to Black on Feb 5, 16 1:52 PM
Okay, I just went back and did it quickly and it seemed to work.

posted in Final Cut: Fade to Black on Feb 5, 16 1:49 PM
I cannot get the first part of the bomb puzzle to work. I see the solution in the walkthrough...but for some reason can't get it going. Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

posted in Secret of the Pendulum on Jan 27, 16 1:51 PM
I was totally prepared NOT to like this game. (Yes, it was a freebie for me.) BUT, as it turned out, for me, it was fun and took the better part of a day to finish it. I even had to skip a couple of the puzzles because things did not "lock" into place (specifically, I'm thinking of the final amulet--I forget what it was called.) It was fun...yes, it was "old school", and some of the puzzles were a bit of a challenge. That's all I really want out of a game. I don't like to finish in half a day. (No car/carriage accidents, no evil monsters coming to life...yippee.)

posted in Secret of the Pendulum on Jan 27, 16 10:04 AM
Okay, the detective is neither of the women...(Just and fyi...)

posted in Secret of the Pendulum on Jan 27, 16 9:54 AM
I think I've found all the pieces except the one in the detective's office...and I can't find how to get to her office. I'm presuming the detective is NOT the museum sister. Any help would be appreciated.

posted in Secret of the Pendulum on Jan 27, 16 9:11 AM
1-4, 2-1, 3-5, 4-2, 5-6. 6-3...first number = across top, second number = down

posted in Secret of the Pendulum on Jan 27, 16 9:00 AM
Should I just skip this one....or is there an easy solution?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked on Jan 6, 16 2:11 PM
I finally got it, but couldn't make heads nor tails from the chart. Mine was trial and error...and it took a REALLY long time!!!

posted in Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies on Dec 30, 15 2:06 PM
I am an OLD Nancy Drew fan...back from the days when you had to buy a disc and get it into your computer that way. This is the first time I've played a ND game, obviously, for a LONG time. And I loved it. It was like visiting an old friend...and old challenging friend. I like that these games take some figuring out and some trial and error (LOTS of error!!). Graphics and voice over are, as always, excellent. And this game takes more than a couple of hours to play. The only thing I would recommend, is to SAVE BEFORE you start the puzzles. That way, if you really need to reset the puzzle and it doesn't have a reset button (not all of them do!) you can just reload and "Bob's your uncle!" Great game...hours of frustrating fun...loved it!! Thanks Big Fish!!

posted in Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies on Dec 28, 15 2:02 PM
I got one of the cues right (the second one). I can't get any of the others. Is there some trick?

posted in Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies on Dec 22, 15 11:24 AM
I finally got it. The doctor is "E" and the Playwright is "X"

posted in Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies on Dec 22, 15 11:08 AM
Maybe I have the reds mixed up. I think the red are the two at the top left....but maybe the red are two at the bottom right?

posted in Nancy Drew: Labyrinth of Lies on Dec 22, 15 11:02 AM
I CANNOT get this. I've tried and tried. Is there someplace that shows how to do it?

posted in Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition on Feb 14, 15 9:47 AM
I think these two things go together, but they won't--go together, that is. Also, When I try the hint button, it circles a spot in front of the door (this is right at the beginning of the game) where there is a hand (that needs a torch) and cobwebs. I try to clean the cobwebs with the cloth and that doesn't work either. I can't move forward. Any suggestions?

posted in Grim Tales: The Vengeance on Aug 14, 14 10:30 AM
Don't know if I'll be able to post this, but I had a hard time finding this...and really needed it a couple of times...

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/grim-tales-the-vengeance-strategy-guide-hints-cheats-codes-tips-tricks/

posted in Grim Tales: The Vengeance on Aug 14, 14 10:29 AM
I liked this game because some of the puzzles were hard and some really easy. Some seemed hard until I could figure out how to do them. AND (and this will sound really stupid) a really good thing about this game is that when (for example) you needed to use the screwdriver...it undid ALL the screws and you didn't need to keep using it until they were all done. It was beautiful and fun and well worth the price IMHO.

posted in Awakening: The Redleaf Forest on Jul 7, 14 1:13 PM
I'm frustrated that there is no walkthrough for this...the excuse being that there is a collector's edition. That doesn't help me at all, since I'm playing the regular edition. I cannot get the mine cart puzzle to work. Anyone have a suggestion?

posted in The Secret Order: Ancient Times on May 30, 14 1:49 PM
I was planning to be really bored and/or disappointed with this game, and I am neither. The puzzles are not too hard, but its fun...and I am stumped right now on a puzzle. But that's a good thing! I got it on half price weekend, and am really enjoying it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator