Posts created by nantyglyn

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 on Apr 6, 14 9:47 PM
The hoses are quite tangled and some of the are impossible to tell where they go. I did figure them all out. In my solution the numbers in the LEFT column represent the extinguishers. The numbers in the RIGHT column represent which fire they put out. Highlight to see my solution:

extinguisher puts out fire #:

1 puts out fire 2
2 puts out 4
3 puts out 3
4 puts out 5
5 puts out 8
6 puts out 6
7 puts out 1
8 puts out 7

I hope I wrote this correctly! It's trickier to write than it is to explain orally.

posted in Mystery Riddles on Apr 4, 14 9:59 PM
csagen623, let's see if this will help. If not, I can try again to explain it on Sunday. I will be gone all day Saturday.

The numbers always are in the center of a 9 square box - three rows of three squares each. The number tells you how many of those 9 squares will be filled in, with the color that the number is. So, the white 8 tells you that there will be 8 of the 9 squares filled in with white.

You must do the box with the white 8 first. Think of the 8 as the middle square of a tic tac toe board. There are 9 squares, and one with the 8 is the one in the middle. Now, 8 of those 9 squares must be filled in with white. Which one is not filled in with white? The one with the red 4. The red 4 square is one of those 9 squares around the white 8. But because the 4 is in red we know that it must be red, not white.

Then, look at the square with the red 4. It is the center of its own set of 9 squares. But if you filled in the white already, then you will see that 5 of those 9 squares are filled in with white (the white 8 and the red 4 share 6 squares). So, the other 4 of the red 4's 9 squares must be filled in with red.

It will wind up being:

blank white white white blank
blank white white white blank
blank white xredx white white
blank xredx xredx xredx blank
blank blank blank blank blank

I don't know if that made sense. If not, let me know and I will try again. Or maybe someone else can.

Good luck!

posted in Mystery Riddles on Apr 3, 14 11:21 AM
Yay! A new type of puzzle game! I've played the fill-a-pix games on paper and on another website, but never with different colors. This type of game really makes you use your brain cells. The starting levels are easy, but I suspect they will get larger and more difficult. And the pic-a-pix (nonograms) puzzles, which we've seen many times before, look like they will also get more challenging. I'm very excited to especially see the fill-a-pix. The ones I've played so far in the game are well done. I think anyone who loves the puzzle type of game (like the nonograms) will love this new type of puzzle. The tutorial, I think, makes it pretty clear on how to play this new type of puzzle.

Anyone who loves puzzles should definitely give this one a try.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 on Apr 3, 14 10:44 AM
I totally enjoyed this game. It was a refreshing change from the darker themed games. I actually felt like I was taking a mini vacation while I was playing. If you haven't been to the National Parks in the western US, this really is what they look like. I personally love these parks, so I enjoyed being taken there by this game.

Yes, a few of the scenes were a little frustrating because the objects were hard to see, and I too wish we knew how many pieces of garbage were to be found in each scene. Nonetheless, the overall atmosphere of the game was a refreshing change. I know I'll be replaying this game many times. I hope there is a Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3.

posted in Olympus Griddlers on Mar 24, 14 12:10 PM
I love this type of puzzle, but NOT when you can't figure it out by pure logic. In level 12 I seem to be at the point where I need to make some guesses to progress. Has anyone else found this? If I am missing something in my logic, just let me know that it IS possible without guessing and I will go back and look at it some more.

You need to cut the vine in front of the elephants with the shears first.

ganonsbane wrote:There are 3 lights by the round thing that have to be lit. There a 3 switches to turn them on. If the fan open, 1 switch is behind it. The seed has to be planted & a cloud has to be above the bowl with the seed. The lightning bolt has to go through the opening on the round thing.

HTH

Thanks so much from me, too! I didn't realize that the three lights at the top had to be on. I tried and tried, but as soon as I switched them on it worked beautifully. Phew! I wasted a lot of time on that one!

Thanks for the suggestions - I went to the popular video site and found lots of theme music from the games. The theme I was referring to - yes, I found it - in several games. It was in the opening of Dire Grove. It was also in Return to Ravenhearst and in 13th Skull. So, no wonder it sounded so familiar. I guess it's a recurring MCF theme, which is why I recognized it.

Thanks, everyone. I will play the opening of Dire Grove to see if that's the theme I'm remembering. And I love lil_chickadee's suggestion of finding video clip of the MCF themes. I haven't gotten very far in the game because of the busy weekend, but today's my day to PLAY - today it's all about ME and the carnival.

Okay, I KNOW I should know this. The music is so hauntingly familiar. Which game was it from?

posted in Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition on May 21, 13 8:48 PM
ERS - one of my favorite developers!

Congrats
on 50 games! Looking forward to playing this new one. I'm sure it will be a winner, like the other ones.

posted in Push The Box on Mar 11, 13 11:03 AM
This is NOT a child's game. The first few levels are easy, to get you used to what you have to do. But they then get pretty challenging. The simple graphics are good to keep you focused on what you have to do. But the levels do get progressively harder.

If you like this type of logic game, as I do, then definitely give it a shot. Get past the first few levels to see how the game really plays. It's pretty challenging.

Mtvoyager, you're thinking of Chip's Challenge. I loved that game too. If you old-timers liked Chip's Challenge, you'll love this game.

posted in But to Paint a Universe on Feb 13, 13 10:09 PM
A million thanks Barbiecats. I would never have figured it out without your explanation.

It's a challenging game once you figure out what you have to do (namely, get all the same colors in the rings). I didn't realize that you could click on only one circle without it having to be "attached" to more of the same color. That made it so much easier.

Fishies, if you like puzzle games (as I do) be sure to give this one a try - as long as you understand the goal is filling in all the heavy circles with the same color, you won't waste time trying to figure out what you're supposed to be doing.

It's not as simple as it would first appear.

posted in Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders on Feb 7, 13 10:50 AM
Catchme1, go to the "All Games Forums", then find that game. There should be lots of help there, maybe even a link to a walkthrough.

posted in Puzzler World 2013 on Jan 22, 13 6:14 PM
I just wanted to let Nintendo DS players be aware that this is the exact same game as Puzzler World 2012 for the DS. I was hoping it was a new edition, but it just has a new name. Good game, though.

posted in Patchworkz™ on Dec 3, 12 9:45 AM
I was very excited to see this this morning, as I did not know it was going to be coming out for PC. It's my favorite relaxing game on my iPad. I play it over and over. If you're looking for a beautiful, relaxing, different type of puzzle game, be sure to check this one out. I'd love to see more different types of puzzle games, such as this.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 12 10:10 PM
Here's what I think: it looks like the game was just not finished. It looks like this was a good basic game, but they didn't have the time to add all the bells and whistles that make these games special. No achievements. An often worthless SG. No snarky comments or fun characters (except for the host of the show at the very beginning of the game). Even many of the puzzles were not real fun. It just feels like they were under the deadline they imposed upon themselves (or, we imposed on them) and they didn't get to do all they would have liked to do.

In short, it's an average HOG, but not up to the standards we expect from the MCF series.

Just my opinion.

posted in Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 12 11:55 AM
Thanks! That helps a lot.

posted in Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 12 11:03 PM
I am enjoying this game - I've played the others - but I'm confused by some of the stuff in this one, and they are not explained anywhere. To start, what are XPs? It says I need to have so many XPs to do something, but I'm not sure how I get them. I just keep playing, and they appear, I guess - but how?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Oct 31, 12 11:40 PM
Does "some things never change" mean no morphing objects?

Did someone already say that? And, should I be whiting out my comments, as I did here?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator