Posts created by Itsupikachu

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Dec 1, 12 1:00 PM
I still have no sound, either. I've tried re-installing both before and after the game was updated. I also tried adding the prompt and also ignoring the prompt and neither worked AND I send an e-mail with Dr. Felix to tech support. Now my trial has ended so how can I know if the sound has ever been fixed without purchasing the game? I'm still waiting.

posted in Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood on Dec 1, 12 12:54 PM
There still is no sound. I'm waiting for a "fix" of the audio before I decide to purchase the game.

posted in Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove on Nov 21, 12 1:26 PM
I've been waiting, it seems forever, for this one. I have the first "Murder She Wrote" and really enjoyed it. It's one of the very few IHOGS that don't have all the ghosts, occult themes, etc. It's really hard to find just a plain old mystery that families can play. Without even playing the trial, yet, I know it's a buy for me!!

posted in Lost Secrets™: November 1963 on Nov 19, 12 1:43 PM
puzzledone, haven't seen you in the reviews forum for awhile. Nice to see you! As for the JFK memories, I'm with you, although, I've never been to Dallas. I had walked home from school for lunch and saw the announcement on tv. One of my favorite memories was seeing little John-John saluting as his dad's casket went by. I will never forget that. I have the saluting John-John doll that came out sometime back.

The subject of the game sounds really interesting and I love IHOG games, though I don't know how interactive they are. I'll certainly play the trial and if I like the game-play, even a little, I'll probably use a coupon code for it.

posted in Dreams from the Past on Sep 26, 12 2:54 PM
Thank you, Tiger for replying. I can't understand why BFG would do away with videos. Is that permanent? I think they should have told us in advance. I was thinking something might be wrong with my computer!

posted in Dreams from the Past on Sep 26, 12 2:32 PM
I saw no way to see the video. I don't understand. What happened?

Edited due to posting about the wrong thing!

posted in Tales of Terror: Crimson Dawn on Sep 22, 12 2:14 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

"Above it you will find a crystal ball, which is called "Amulet". You can DO things with it."

The above was written by Valdy in her review of the game and it's that part of the game which troubles me. I'm afraid if you have to interact with a crystal ball, I wouldn't care for the game. There just seems that so many games have to have something to do with occult themes. So, I guess I'll continue to wait and hope some games with no occult are released soon. Looks like I may have a LONG wait

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 12 1:20 PM
This game, unfortunately, has no appeal to me at all. Part of the reason is due to the subject-witches, yet AGAIN! Can't developers think of something besides witches,etc? Also, I am one who enjoys HOGs with lists, although, I prefer interactive HOGs instead of just plain HOGs. I watched the video but nothing about it made me want to play the trial. Hopefully, we'll get something better soon.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 16, 12 1:13 PM
NancySusan wrote:1) I hate witch themes in these games. There are far too many of them, there were never any real witches in the real world, certainly none with real powers, so devs. use your imagination and do games about something else. Please. 2) I decided to check out this game because the reviews had some nice things to say; enough people (Valdy, etc.) provided such good detail about the game, I won't repeat. I played the demo on advanced (middle difficulty) and consulted the SG only once. The hint is pretty good out of the HOS, of which there are a good number, but the hint, which refilled in about 30 secs. on advanced, isn't perfect, which is why I consulted the SG (lost a button somewhere and the hint kept telling me to go elsewhere to look). With no voiceovers, no map, no diary, it makes no sense that this is a CE, and while I'm often really critical of voiceovers, having none at all just doesn't justify a CE price. I also suspect that given the witch theme, I would be less likely to care what's in the bonus game. And yes, the endlessly repetitive double-hoot (every ten seconds, by the way) was annoying. I wouldn't buy this as a CE, but may check it out as an SE when it comes out. And, again, devs. find some other theme. I've started deliberately boycotting witch games. gah.

I absolutely agree with you, NancySusan-WAY TOO MANY WITCH-THEMED GAMES . Please, give us some other subjects besides witches and other occult themes.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Jul 21, 12 8:52 PM
I can't get the dials to work, either so, maybe there is a glitch.

posted in A Vampire Tale on Jul 4, 12 1:37 PM
Based on the reviews I read, the game appears to be timed so, because of that, I won't even play the trial. All games, in my opinion, need to have a timed/untimed option.

posted in Antique Mysteries: Secrets of Howard's Mansion on Jul 4, 12 1:22 PM
Hi Ajish and Bijish,

Thank you for requesting my opinion of your "Antique Mysteries" game. I did purchase it and wanted to play beyond the trial before giving you my opinion. Overall, I like the game quite a lot. The graphics are clear and colorful and I especially enjoyed the audible voice which I thought was well done. The hint button was pretty good and re-filled relatively fast enough. Some of the puzzles were a bit difficult for me but some were really enjoyable. I appreciated the skip button for those I had trouble with. One of the biggest plusses of the game was that there are NO occult themes and that is VERY important to me. I won't buy a game with occult themes-I won't even play the trial if I know such themes are present.

I did have a few cons with one of them being some of the hidden objects are quite small and, therefore, difficult for my aging eyes to see so, in that regard, I suggest that you make the objects a bit larger in future games. Also, I had quite a bit of difficulty with the figuring out how to move the stage coach and car from the secret room and finally had to use the walkthrough in order to progress in the game.

All in all, though, I was glad I bought the game and I feel you did a very good job with your first game. I will be looking for your next one and, as long as your games do not contain any occult and, preferably, have audible voices, I will, in all probability be one of your customers. I wish you success on your future endeavors and want to thank you for an interesting, and fun, first game.

All The Best,
Karla Varga

posted in Night In The Opera on Jul 1, 12 5:42 PM
LizzyK, thank you so much for your help!! I'll try that. Maybe now I can make some progress in the game!

Thanks to you, I was able to get past where I was stuck. So, I'll see how it goes. Thanks again!

posted in Night In The Opera on Jul 1, 12 12:51 PM
I really liked the idea of this game, especially since I love classical music but, now, I'm almost sorry I bought the game. I am totally stuck! I have a piece of paper with numbers on it in my inventory but I can't find anywhere to use it. I tried using in on the part of a paper on the table but it didn't work. I can't go anywhere or even play any match three games. I have three records and have listened to them but still nothing. WHY is there no walkthrough?? I certainly need one! I won't buy another game without a walkthrough! Please help. Thanks so much!

posted in Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 12 6:14 PM
Sorry, I missed thanking you Joyfullladyand FORTUNATUS, for your reply and input. I appreciate everyone who takes the time to reply. I did play the trial and enjoyed it. I think it will be a buy for me, too!

posted in Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 12 7:09 PM
Coronanana and elijah, thank you for replying and, thank you, elijah, for letting me know that the game does not have occult themes. I know there are those, like Coronanana and I who appreciate knowing.

Edited for spelling

posted in Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 12 3:06 PM
This sounds like a game I would really enjoy. I read the reviews but I don't believe one concern I have was mentioned. Are there any occult themes, especially ones that require interaction by the player, such as ouiji boards, pentagrams, tarot cards, etc? Often I don't find that type of content in a trial. It's not until later in the game that some of those themes show up. Your input would would really be appreciated. Thank you!

posted in Night In The Opera on Jun 27, 12 8:55 AM
I haven't played the trial, yet, but just the video drew me in right away-especially the opera music which I'm quite familiar with, thanks to my mom who loved opera. I'm off to play the trial and most likely I'll add it to my collection.

posted in Wisegal on Jun 26, 12 4:10 PM
I thought I might like this one but after playing the trial, I decided against it because, like many of you said, the hidden objects are very small and difficult to find and when you click on the hint button you have to be really fast to spot it before it's gone. The only thing good about the game are the graphics.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator