Posts created by BlueSkunk12

posted in Anna`s Ice Cream on Sep 13, 10 6:42 PM
Thought about downloading the trial, but decided to check what others are saying.

I think that monkeys should remain in the wild, not serving ice cream. So I won't even take a second look at Anna's Ice Cream.

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Sep 13, 10 12:26 PM
Big Fish,

The Cheat Console worked just fine with your version of Cute Knight. All I did was press the F9 key to activate the Console.

Unless the game developer radically changed it, for some unfathomable reason, the Cheat Console should still be perfectly compatible.

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Sep 13, 10 12:21 PM
I really hate the interface. I liked the interface from Cute Knight, where everything was labeled and all I had to do was click on where I wanted to go.

This time around, I have to walk over to them, wait until they're done talking, and then choose what I want to do from a menu. All this before I even can find out what they do.

This new interface really stinks!

posted in Cute Knight Kingdom on Sep 10, 10 8:01 PM
Agree with others have said. This is like a Dating Sim, only instead of increasing your stats to win the heart of a certain someone, you increase your stats to win a certain occupation.

I liked Cute Knight, although I was really annoyed at all those Satyrs stealing my gear. Telling the game to go at its fastest sped up the animation, so I spent less time waiting for the week to end. I liked that the decisions I made affected the outcome, and that there were so many outcomes to find.

Since I liked Cute Knight, I'll give this a try and see if I like Kingdom, too.

posted in Tradewinds Legends on Aug 9, 10 8:33 AM
I'd rather use the Vimanas, the bird ships. Their Hull Strength isn't as high, but they can carry almost as many cannon and have much more cargo space than the Dragonship.

posted in Country Harvest on Aug 9, 10 12:07 AM
Decided to give this game another try.

I'm getting the hang of the drag & click function. But it made me buy a helper I don't need. Then I decided to plant the potatoes it made me buy, but I couldn't harvest them all. Since I filled all available space with potatoes, and still needed to plant tomatoes to advance in the game, that meant I was stuck and had to start over.

This game is too linear and won't let me do what I want. I won't buy it and won't finish the 49 minutes I have left of my Trial.

posted in Country Harvest on Aug 8, 10 1:31 AM
Looks beautiful, and the first farm game I've played that lets me choose my gender. It'd be nice if the game would let me customize my character (hair, skin, eye color).

I also can't get the drag & click function to work when planting and harvesting. So I'm not sure if I'll buy this game.

I've played 4 minutes of the Trial and am already frustrated.

posted in Fantastic Farm on Aug 8, 10 1:19 AM
Does the new version improve on the 15 year-old gfx?

posted in Ranch Rush 2 - Sara's Island Experiment on Aug 8, 10 1:16 AM
I think the best thing about RR2 is the fishing. The other improvements don't make up for how hard it is.

I'll just go back to RR1 and find a fishing game to play.

posted in Virtual Farm on Aug 6, 10 9:42 AM
I'm frustrated, too. There's not enough land to grow crops, not enough land to place the processing plants. Not enough room in the shed to store stuff. Crops grow too slowly. And there's no fertilizer, so I have to keep plowing my fields and buying SMALL bags of seed. There's also not enough time to fill orders, but I have to in order to advance in the game.

I give up! Virtual Farm is the worst farming game I've ever played!

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Aug 1, 10 1:02 AM
Is this another of those Hidden Object games? I'd like to buy one of these $2.99 games, but I REALLY hate Hidden Object games!

posted in Pizza Chef 2 on Jul 31, 10 10:21 PM
The game is hard and not fun to play. The music is annoying. I couldn't get past the first Party. The girl is too cute and the Uncle is a shiftless jerk.

posted in Cake Shop on Jul 31, 10 7:30 PM
Just Google this game.

You can play online for free, and it's better than the full version. You don't have to put up with the skanky girl moping around. You don't have to build a house for her. There's no annoying dialog. You just have fun playing the game and developing your business.

Don't pay anything for this!

posted in Cake Mania on Jul 31, 10 6:22 PM
I might have enjoyed this if my monthly profit for January wasn't a mere $246. I'd expect that in a day, but not a month. You guys are nuts!

posted in Cake Mania Main Street on Jul 31, 10 6:08 PM
I hated Jill's high screeching voice so much that I never made it to the play screen.

Please, for the love of all that's good, get someone else to play her!

posted in Cake Mania 2 on Jul 31, 10 5:58 PM
I'll pass on this one. The customers are too impatient.

They lose one heart while waiting for the cake to bake, another heart while waiting for the frosting.

I quit after just 5 minutes of the demo.

I'll try the other Cake Mania games & see if they're any better.

posted in Making Mr. Right on Jul 31, 10 12:55 PM
Found the concept extremely offensive: The only way the girls will consent to date is if the guy takes classes so as to be more like her. Very shallow.

Just once I'd like to see a dating game that isn't all about guys learning a bunch of skills to impress the girl.

To put this in perspective, that is like each girl being a tall mountain, and not only does the guy need to learn how to climb, he has to get the right gear, and then climb a bit higher every day until he reaches the summit. If he does, then he succeeds and gets the girl. The girl doesn't have to do anything at all other than sit around and see if this guy will build himself up to be good enough for her before she loses interest.

That's not very realistic, and does not send a good message about the dating scene.

posted in Puzzle Hero on Jul 30, 10 12:37 AM
I also seem to enter the next battle with the same amount of mana that I left the Arena. It doesn't stack - in the Arena, you can't carry over your mana from one Arena battle to the next. It resets to 0.

But if I leave the Arena with let's say 100 mana & go into actual battle, that 100 mana will carry over & I'll enter battle with 100 mana instead of 0.

posted in Puzzle Hero on Jul 29, 10 9:37 AM
1) Make Healing Potions worth more. (1 HP per potion is extremely pointless.)
2) Put Healing and Mana potions in shops for us to buy.
3) Let Super Shield last a certain amount of time or withstand a certain amount of damage. Maybe it can withstand a certain % of damage for a certain amount of time. (It takes so very long to charge the shield, then it takes only one hit before dissipating.)
4) Make the experience crowns worth more. (1 XP per crown takes FOREVER to level up).
5) Add different shapes to the playing field. (Each one being a perfect square is pretty boring.)

A pretty fun game and I don't regret buying it. But I haven't finished playing it once and am already looking forward to a better version.

-EDIT-
6) Show our elemental attack/resist during Battle. We get to see the veggie monster's, but not our own. (It'd be nice to not have to leave battle to see those stats.)
7) Have the computer show the BEST match you can make when you wait a minute. Often, it shows the very WORST! (Sometimes I get clobbered following the computer's advice and am usually better off ignoring it.)
8) Let the Super Attack last for a certain number of rounds. (It takes so long to charge, then I can use it only once before having to charge it back up.)
9) Add more adventures, more bosses, more monsters. Maybe even let little bro team up with you. I can already see that after fighting the last boss, there won't be any reason to play this game. (Replayability is GOOD!)

posted in Puzzle Hero on Jul 28, 10 12:41 AM
magstimewaste wrote:

You can go to the Arena on the map to fight monsters for gold and you can fight them at any level. However, you cannot fight them for magic. You can only collect gold.

You can also gain experience to increase your level in the Arena.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator