Posts created by gailweis

posted in E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures on Sep 26, 12 1:52 PM
If I remember correctly, you need to down arrow until you're out of the space station and then go back to the boulder.

Thanks
Gail

posted in E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures on Sep 26, 12 1:47 PM
I'm stuck trying to use the lighter on the fire alarm system - where is it, please?

Thanks!
Gail

I liked it and bought it, but I found that the Strategy Guide had some problems. Did anyone else notice that?

For example, in the bonus game, the Strategy Guide does not tell you where the mop is; it just says to use the bucket and mop on the puddle!

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 11 2:43 PM
When I try taking the urn, it says that I'm missing a piece. According to the SG, I should just be able to take it. Help, please!

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Gail

posted in Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek on Sep 28, 11 7:24 AM
According to the developer, this new version also fixes the problems with viewing the text.

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Them: The Summoning on Sep 27, 11 3:13 PM
I agree with previous posters - as a straight HOG game (and I love them!), this is good. I don't find the hidden objects tiny or hard to find at all (I'm 62 years old!). And I like that you need to find bonus items in each scene (and you get help to find them!). I've only played 20 minutes of the demo, but it is definitely a buy for me. I was able to fix the problem I had (not getting the full screen when I started playing) by downloading the update to Adobe Flash Player. And I want to say that I think it's great that the developers are monitoring this forum and are responding to the gamers comments! That's a big plus for me. I look forward to the sequels.

Please give it a try if you're a HOG lover!

Gail

posted in Them: The Summoning on Sep 27, 11 2:17 PM
Where's the Play button? All I get is Profiles, Options, Extras and About and the screen is jumping. Also, it won't let me close the game, so now I have to reboot my computer. A complete turn-off.

posted in Them: The Summoning on Sep 27, 11 2:03 PM
I apologize for my previous post. I know this forum is for Reviews only!

Gail

posted in Them: The Summoning on Sep 27, 11 1:35 PM
NANONAN wrote:Once again y'all, thanks for the reviews. I don't even have to try this game to know I won't like it, so will cancel the demo download.

Just my opinion, but I think that's a mistake (and not to be rude, but what is the purpose of your post?). I also read the reviews to get an idea of what a game is all about, but I always demo it because each gamer has their own preferences and their own ideas about what constitutes a good game.

My feeling is that you don't really know until you dem-o!

Thanks.
Gail

posted in Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek on Sep 26, 11 4:32 AM
What a fantastic developer! They responded to my E-mail immediately, said they are working on the problem of the broken text (other gamers had also sent them screen shots) and will notify me when it's fixed. Great customer service! I'll post when I hear anything further.

Gail

posted in Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek on Sep 25, 11 11:23 AM
AussieMoo wrote:Thanks, Artifex Mundi, nice to see you're on it. Have emailed mine on through.

Thanks, AussieMoo. I'm also having problems with text - bought SE without trying because I had already played some of the CE demo and liked it. Hope the problem gets fixed soon!

Gail

posted in Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Jul 1, 11 8:39 AM
heatherington wrote:The last orgami was so hilarious! Not going to tell you. The length was good, about two hours maybe more if you don't read the strategy guide. Stuff was not too hard to do. I actually did not find ALL the orgami's, but certainly got the last one. I liked it. It was different and had some beautiful flowers and I want a piece of that cake!

There is no bonus content, but they do show you have to make some orgami stuff.

Is the game really only 2 hours? And no bonus content? I'm confused - if this is a CE, that is really short and I thought I read there are bonus chapters.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Fourth of July !

Gail

posted in Mystery of the Missing Brigantine on Jun 30, 11 3:18 PM
I read the first page of Comments and all I saw were technical problems. Isn't there a separate thread for that?

Gail

posted in Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix on Jun 27, 11 2:24 PM
I haven't downloaded yet since I always read the reviews first, but just the fact that the developers are interacting with us is a huge plus for me . I have never seen that before! I will absolutely buy the game.

posted in Emma and the Inventor on May 22, 11 1:30 PM
Sooooo disappointed! The reviews at the beginning of this thread were so good, I went off to buy. Should have continued reading. The game is really, really short! The puzzles were easy to figure out (except for the pipes - I had to look at the walkthrough for that). The hidden object scenes were also easy. Should also have checked out the walkthrough before buying - would have been able to see what the length was. Oh well, used a credit so don't feel TOO bad! Off to demo Hidden Mysteries now!

Gail

Edit: Sorry about that "off to demo" comment.

posted in Emma and the Inventor on May 22, 11 7:55 AM
Uh oh! Haven't gotten to the pipes yet. Boy, am I in trouble! Sandy, I am also definitely pipe-challenged. Can almost never figure those darn things out. Hope there's a solution in the walk-through!

Gail

lucyloket wrote:Oh dear, who decided that an annoying white fairy that flits across the screen and tells you what to do was a great idea to include in this?
I trialed the game on the devs site and have been waiting to ask this question! It totally switched me off the game, unfortunately. I feel as though I'm being told what to do by Tinker-irritating-bell............why can't I find a sledgehammer or brick to break things myself etc?
The artwork is so so and as others have said, the flashing lights could cause some players issues. I certainly preferred the first 'curse' game over this.

A real shame as apparently there's over 8 hours gameplay (according to the dev).

On a side note - why do I get the feeling I've played a similar game before with a fairy that has abilities to 'help' you?

You probably did - the first one: Princess Isabella: A Witches Curse.

posted in Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar on May 16, 11 2:58 PM
Why doesn't the Options Menu work? I tried to lower the volume, and nothing! I'm ready to delete.

posted in Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar on May 16, 11 2:56 PM
OK, just downloaded the game. Tried to change the volume of the music, which was really loud. No luck! Deleting! If I have this much trouble at the beginning, imagine when I start playing.

posted in Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar on May 16, 11 2:42 PM
Coronagold wrote:Meh.

Can you elaborate?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator