Posts created by gailsgame

posted in Miriel's Enchanted Mystery on Jun 16, 10 12:24 AM
I really like this game. I've played the demo before, and it works flawlessly on my netbook. The graphics are really nice, and it's fast paced without being too rushed. I'm not sure how hard it gets towards the end. For all you expert TM fans out there, I think you'll really enjoy this one. There was cooking to do for certain customers, and I thought it added a nice dimension to the game. I found there was ample time in the early levels, but again, not sure how much harder it will get later into the game. Very sweet game!

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Jun 13, 10 11:19 AM
No problems. I wish there was more to do myself, as I do get attached to the tribes people, but there isn't anything!

Have you tried My Tribe? I've been happily playing the same tribe for over 2 months without getting bored as once they've finished everything I sail off to a new Island and redesign the whole thing. It's a lot longer gameplay imo.

posted in Chocolatier: Decadence by Design on Jun 13, 10 11:14 AM
Lavenders Botanicals is very, very similar game play, but not as polished as the Chocolatier series. You make soaps etc, with quests very similar to this, but I've only played the demo and haven't decided whether to buy it.

I wish Winemaker Extraordinaire would work on my netbook as many people say it's great!

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Jun 13, 10 9:51 AM
Start again with a new tribe?

I found once everything was done in the VV series, it got very boring! You don't have the ability to demolish buildings, trees, rocks etc and redesign the Island. It's just having more generations and building up tech & food points into the millions.

posted in My Tribe on Jun 11, 10 12:58 AM
Sometimes you have too many trees or rocks (even a shell can block it), so if you don't have open beach area, try to clear the trees or rocks by selecting them for the tribe to harvest. Concentrate on one area so hopefully you will fit a boat in. It needs to be on the edge of the beach, kind of half in the water and half on the beach.

posted in My Tribe on Jun 11, 10 12:55 AM
When it rains they wash up on the beach, right near the edge. Sometimes they can be hard to see due to trees and buildings and they look a little like the shells, but they are more shiny. Just drop someone on them and it will go into your potions ingredients. They usually wash up every time it rains naturally (not by a potion), so they are quite easy to collect.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Jun 10, 10 11:02 AM
From what I have read, if the parenting is checked they seem to get pregnant while you're NOT watching. If you have the game open it doesn't seem to happen, but the people who say they get over 50's pregnant it seems it's always when they've turned the game off and come back to find them that way!

posted in Burger Shop 2 on Jun 10, 10 10:55 AM
I downloaded a trial of this game and just made it to relax mode within the hour, but I seem to be in the same screen of ingredients coming down a conveyor belt. Does the game change as it progresses, or does it stay with the same conveyor belt screen? Thanks.

Edit: Oh sorry, see it's off the general topic of the thread so I can remove if needed, but didn't want to start a new thread just for this question. I just read the title of relax mode.

posted in My Tribe on Jun 8, 10 12:44 AM
It will go by their "real age" which is listed first, and the "feels like" age is listed second. Hope that helps.

posted in Fishdom on Jun 8, 10 12:41 AM
I love Fishdom, but I'm getting bored with building fish tanks. Are there any other match 3 games where you earn $$$ to build up other types of shops, etc? I'm not into match 3 games that just through levels.
Thanks for any help.

posted in My Tribe on Jun 6, 10 8:02 AM
Carole_P wrote:
None of my friends will play it and I don't buy game stuff.

Yeah, me too. I only have a couple of friends who've created an island, but they don't play at all, so I can't do some of the quests (like fertilizing their fields... they haven't got any!)

I hate games where you "play for free, but pay to win." That's the worst part of facebook games. That's why I bought the pc version just to play on my own, but I really wish the pc version had a bunch of the functions of the FB version. It's actually more in-depth. Maybe I should try virtual villagers. Has anyone ever played it?

Thanks for explaining the difference between the two games. I won't join fb, but wondered about the differences.

I have played Virtual Villagers 1 - 3, and didn't buy the latest version 4 mainly because My Tribe has so many more features and the graphics are so much better. Virtual Villagers now drives me crazy because they walk soooo slow, and you can't change their hair color and they all have the same skin tones (usually white faces which aren't that pretty!). I tried for same hair color tribes a few times, and it only worked if I had masses of clones. I was really disappointed in the VV series after playing My Tribe for while. You don't get different Islands to go to, and once the buildings are built, that's it. You can't rebuild so there is no way to build up their skills or have anything for them to do. It gets boring fast! By all means try it, and let us know what you think, as lots of people do love the games.

posted in Farm Craft 2 on Jun 4, 10 4:52 AM
djjeny, I don't wish to drag this thread off topic any further than it already has been, but I think your latest post (reasonable & well written) is a far cry from the prior posts from various posters. As you say in your earlier post /end rant , so even you knew you were aware it would come across as a rant. imo you were all too harsh and it comes across as bullying. I don't think that it was only Chi3165 who felt they were inappropriate & harsh, as I know I did too and they weren't even directed at me. I felt uncomfortable for Chi3165. Maybe we could all try to be a little nicer to each other, even with different opinions, that's all.

posted in Farm Craft 2 on Jun 2, 10 12:39 PM
Chi3165, while I tend to agree that it is a game and it's not a huge deal to me if they are doing the wrong thing like stealing in the game, I do think a few posters come down heavy on you for your minor opinion of the game. You should be entitled to an opinion whether they agree or not. I don't think you were out of line at all by what you said, so I'm sorry if you feel ganged up on.

posted in My Tribe on Jun 1, 10 10:30 PM
If this is the downloadable game, then I'm sure you can go back but you need to know the Island number. As there are 1 billion Islands, it will be rare for you to just randomly get the same Island you come from when in the "searching for an Island" screen, but if you take a note of the Island number when you are in the Map screen, you could sail back to it. Probably not much help now you have left.

And you don't take rocks, wood & food when you go to a new Island. You do take moondust, stardust, berries, gold relic and other potion ingredients though.

posted in My Tribe on May 25, 10 8:06 AM
They usually only fall asleep on their feet when you are first on an Island and they have to build huts all over again. Once they settle with huts built, they will take turns going for a sleep, but I only ever had them fall asleep on their feet when going to a new Island. I have around 6 - 7 huts for around 30 population.

You can speed up the process of the huts being built by using stardust and or moondust on them. That should let them all rest, recoup and then it should all be fine.

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on May 24, 10 9:49 AM
I haven't played the game, but based on opinions I wouldn't try it. But I don't care if others find it okay to play. We all have our own personal limits, but it's just make believe. Peta aren't going to do anything about "something" that actually has not really happened. Did that make sense?

It's almost like sending in the child abuse authorities on Harry Potters Aunt & Uncle!

What they get away with in movies & TV shows, well casual games are pretty tame from what I've seen. But I get upset just seeing the tombstones in the VV series, so I like the fact I can hide them in My Tribe. I'm just super sensitive to death at the moment, and play games to avoid it, so I look for what I can personally handle. Just don't play games you don't think are within your own personal tolerance. Just like you wouldn't go see and horror film if they scare you too much. Pretty simple!

Peta would only do something if the developers were out the back seeing what happens if they really did put a stick into a pelicans mouth, which I highly doubt.

posted in My Tribe on May 18, 10 10:03 AM
Oh yes, I noticed that the other day too. They go so close. How sweet your daughter noticed this. I guess they are trying to follow the Mom who is fishing!

posted in My Tribe on May 18, 10 10:00 AM
If you are talking about the download game, yes. You can place your building where ever you like, and demolish them and rebuild again in any spot they fit. I rearrange my Islands all the time and decorate them with trees, flowers & extra fires. They can be very pretty!

If it's the fb version, I'm not sure sorry.

posted in My Tribe on May 17, 10 11:56 AM
ellen941 wrote:I only play the PC version of this game and would like to know how do I get my tribes members to build a ship. I tried the FB version but it looked strange and was slow. I like the PC ver. better. Also is there a place to look up the potions that I've found? I really don't want to keep a journal.

If you have researched level 3 construction then you can build a shipyard. You need to build that first although people have said if you place it down and immediately demolish it, you can then skip it and build the Ark which is replaced in the build screen. It depends if you want to move Islands quickly.

Re potions, there are lots of lists on the net but we can't link to other sites. If you PM me I can give you a link I have to a walkthrough with all the potions, or you should be able to google it - a well known review site that does walkthroughs!

posted in Youda Safari on May 17, 10 11:48 AM
I know a lot of people find games like My Tribe & Virtual Villagers boring, but there are heaps of people who love them and there isn't a lot of different types of these games around. There are heaps of fast paced TM games, so it would be nice to see some more relaxed TM based games, but we can have both types!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator