Posts created by Halotop

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions on May 5, 10 2:30 PM
I have tried for an hour, on all scenes and after having checked the walkthru and your posts... so I know where the moth parts are supposed to be...BUT no matter where I search... I cannot find the last body part of the moth... any suggestions... before I go completely nuts....

Thanks

Kitty

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions on May 5, 10 2:29 PM
I have tried for an hour, on all scenes and after having checked the walkthru and your posts... so I know where the moth parts are supposed to be...BUT no matter where I search... I cannot find the last body part of the moth... any suggestions... before I go completely nuts....

Thanks

Kitty

posted in Mind's Eye: Secrets of the Forgotten on Apr 7, 10 5:15 PM
I'm a big HOG fan, but this one is a BIG disappointment. Grainy graphics, undecipherable objects (in some cases) and, although the idea of superimposing **** items is a good one, the overall game plan doesn't attract me.

Dialogue pop ups irritate and it is impossible to leave the game and return to same spot. Have to do an entire chapter over.

Not for me.. I'll wait for great graphics and good plot and great artistry.. We've had a couple of these these last months.. I'm hoping if enough people do not buy these inferior games.. BF will offer us only great ones...

Isn't it lovely to idealize????? :-)

posted in Mind's Eye: Secrets of the Forgotten on Apr 7, 10 5:06 PM
I agree. No fun.. graphics are dismal... objects are, in some cases, so obscure, you must use hint... and I have found that (in the corpse scene) the hint simply tells you where to find the roll of film, not where to find the 4th elusive ticket piece. The HOG's are drawn so dismally that it is near impossible, for my aged eyes, to identify them... and I also found that the pop up dialogue got in the way of the game...

I'm perfectly willing to wait for a good one...

on my laptop and Windows 7... no problems at all...however, through experience ..when I download I always listen to the Microsoft Gods and allow them to reinstall the game with W7 requirements.. which probably means they install the proper drivers, etc...
I'm stilll on my trial runs and intend to buy it.. It's a fun one.

Sorry to all the fishes out there with problems!!!!!!

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 4, 10 1:07 PM
bbelle wrote:Thank you, Prpidva
I love it that you are doing a walkthrough. A lot of us are going to need help.

PLEASE HURRY!!!

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 4, 10 1:05 PM
I'm on Chapter 2 ( I bought it thinking it told the truth and it had HOG's hidden thoughout) BUT the pieces of paper were the only HOG's I've seen so far.

Nice graphics.. some ok mini games.... but I'm done with logic and math treasers...

Had no problem downloading... and also bought it with credit... but should have tried it for the hour first...

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 4, 10 1:02 PM
lineck wrote:I have just got through the first portal and so far it looks like a great game with some small hidden object 8 parts of a magazine but looks great. Just came out to purchase. and like a few other I have three game credits from last month so Yes it looks like a buy and looks like a good game for me.

Cheers
lineck

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 20, 10 1:22 PM
misty5 wrote:
Halotop wrote:I must be getting denser with age :-)) I've tried just about everything with the clicks,.. but with no success.

Do you click on the rings when they are grey or when they change color???

Do you have to wait for all the rings to show before cllicking? Or do you click tghe first 3 and then the next 4 etc.....

And what do the columns have to do with it??

Told you I'm becoming denser with age >:-))

There will be 8 different sequences. On the first one, three rings will appear one after the other. Note the order in which they appear. When all three are on the surface of the water, click on them in the order they appeared. If you get it right, the next sequence (4 circles this time) will begin. Again, click on those four in the order they appeared. And so on, until you have done this correctly for each sequence, the last one having 8 circles. It's just a memory game, but I had to use paper and pencil and write down the number and position of each circle as it appeared. Good luck!

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 2:02 AM
pixiefish79 wrote:
Halotop wrote:I agree... tried it and bought it double quick... the only peeve I have is that the pointing arrows are too large... now that's a odd peeve forf a HOG...:-))

Halotop I think you can go in the options and turn on hard ware cursors and just get small hands instead of arrows

Thanks Pixiefish... hadn't thought of that...

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 1:12 AM
I agree... tried it and bought it double quick... the only peeve I have is that the pointing arrows are too large... now that's a odd peeve forf a HOG...:-))

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 19, 10 5:42 PM
i've noticed the inventory shows up in the rooms where they will eventually be needed.... an indirect hint maybe....

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 19, 10 5:39 PM
I must be getting denser with age :-)) I've tried just about everything with the clicks,.. but with no success.

Do you click on the rings when they are grey or when they change color???

Do you have to wait for all the rings to show before cllicking? Or do you click tghe first 3 and then the next 4 etc.....

And what do the columns have to do with it??

Told you I'm becoming denser with age >:-))

posted in The Tarot's Misfortune on Feb 18, 10 12:35 AM
Error loading!!!

also posted on main page...

the following message appears after downloading and trying to play game:

DLL missing, corrupt or wrong.
ming10.dll
error 998

I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. Same message each time.

(I run a brand new dual core processor laptop... and, maybe my Windows 7 caused the problem, I don't know) Thought you might be interested...

Anypone else have the same problem???

posted in The Tarot's Misfortune on Feb 18, 10 12:27 AM
the following message appears after downloading and trying to play game:

DLL missing, corrupt or wrong.
ming10.dll
error 998

I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. Same message each time.

(I run a brand new dual core processor laptop... and, maybe my Windows 7 caused the problem, I don't know) Thought you might be interested...

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Feb 9, 10 6:33 PM
ur probably right.. thanks

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Feb 9, 10 6:29 PM
wonder if anyone has this problem... when, after deciding this mini game is slightly nuts and boring... I press the skip button (when the game allows) everything freezes...

The only way I can get out of it is to use the old dependable ctl alt del buittons...

it's nearly the end of the game.. one I like a lot.... acchhhhhh..

anyone have advice???

posted in The Sultan's Labyrinth: A Royal Sacrifice on Jan 24, 10 2:55 PM
Where is the walk thru??? Would really appreciate knowing.... it's not in this forum... that's for sure :-))

thanks
halotop

posted in The Sultan's Labyrinth: A Royal Sacrifice on Jan 24, 10 2:54 PM
lauder wrote:the walk thru says there are 20 realms its a pretty long game, bfg fixed my flickering game is fine now.

ok.. today.. after a worried night's sleep... where all was a snowy cold never never land, I figured out that the puzzle will only allow me to place a correct placement... all good and dandy... BUT now, when I go back to check the position on the tapes... and, of course, there is a new placement, the forms are not solid, they morph and move in place.. but the forms stay in the same spot.. Sounds great, huh?

Now the puzzle refuses to take the forms in the positions the tapes tell me they are in... Arggghhhhh......

Guys.. developers... this is supposed to be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You exaggerate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I cannot even add my usual :-)) or an lol

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator