Posts created by jillaroogirl

posted in Beyond the Invisible: Darkness Came on Jan 12, 18 3:15 PM
Tried this game with an open mind, but just couldn't get into it. The slowness of everything bugged me from moving an object to loading a gun, drove me nuts. I didn't mind the graphics too much, maybe if you like comics you'll like this.

A no buy for me.

I quite enjoyed this game, voice overs were excellent, graphics, many different scenes and things to do. Some of the puzzles I couldn't be bothered doing so I skipped them, but had I done all of them it would have increased the game play a lot.

I missed the 'eyes' as a collectable, the map doesn't really tell you what is needed to get and is was annoying not being able to go back and get them.

Other than that, I thought the game was excellent, and highly recommended.

I quite enjoyed this game. Yes, it's not like the original series, but it still was pretty good, with excellent graphics, an interesting story, multiple games, not too many HOGs, lots of things to do and many different scenes.

I liked the collections which weren't easy to find and often it was difficult to know if you were looking for a morphing object or something else.

I was a little disappointed with the extras like the letter - whoopee doo, but the bonus game was long and not filled with HOGs like a lot of other CEs.

posted in PuppetShow: Poetic Justice Collector's Edition on Jan 6, 18 7:07 PM
This is without a doubt the best one in the series after the first couple (as it kind of got stuck). It's nice to see something different in this series. There are more HOPs than I like and the main game is a bit on the short side, however the bonus is not, so I guess that's how it evens out.

If you like the series but have been put off by others in the past, give this one a go, you might be pleasantly surprised.

This was a game truly worth every penny, It was so long I actually couldn't wait to finish it!

It had excellent graphics, voices, multiple scenes and things to do. The only down side was there were no collectables and the good/bad responses depending on what you said as a response had no value.

It would have made the game more interesting if in the extra section there was an additional prize/game/secret room - something - for doing well and coming out in front.

All in all, highly recommended.

posted in Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 18 10:06 PM
I really enjoyed this game and it took me a number of days to complete. There were lots of things to collect, the graphics were stunning (I skipped the story so can't comment), but it's nice to play something other than dark scenery and god forbid, raining scenes.

There was a lot to do.

Though I was a bit disappointed in the bonus game in that there seemed to be a lot of HOPs which I always feel like this is cheating, i.e. using HOPs to extend the game rather than actually using additional game play.

I did find a glitch however. I had collected all the puzzle pieces and was looking forward to playing them when they disappeared and for the life of me, I couldn't find them anywhere.

After trying to find them in the bonus section, I gave up.

posted in The Legacy: Prisoner Collector's Edition on Dec 13, 17 11:17 PM
I quite liked this game. The voice overs were good, graphics excellent, lots of tasks, different sites, things to collect, interesting and beautiful cut scenes.

It's a game that to me meant the developers put a lot of time and thought into it.

Thoroughly enjoyed. Two thumbs up.

posted in Dark Romance: The Monster Within Collector's Edition on Oct 6, 17 9:04 PM
If you want a game with lots of things to do and puzzles with a nice mix of HOS, then this is the game for you.

I liked the swapping between characters, the choice between hard or easy for the mini games and the size of the game. Often the bonus game is too short and not worth the extra $$, but this one was a good length and NOT full of just HOS as a lot of them tend to be.

The extras you get in the bonus section were blah - I'd love for a developer to put some thought into this and really make it worthwhile, not just a bit longer for the game, but different puzzles to do and not the same ones already played or the same HOS.

There have been a few where there was a video of the actual developers and what they did to make the game, now that was unexpected and interesting!

In a nutshell, I think this is a good game and recommend it.

posted in Tiny Tales: Heart of the Forest Collector's Edition on Aug 5, 17 9:02 PM
I thought I would like this game as I quite like fantasy games and ones that don't have the usual suspects like monsters in them.

But I found it quite boring.

Glad I tried before I bought.

posted in Nevertales: Forgotten Pages Collector's Edition on Jul 3, 17 3:36 AM
I didn't mind this game. But unlike other swimmers, I don't really pay much attention to the story. I look for visuals, music, games, length (this one was quite long), voice overs, collectables (though this one was a bit lame) and bonus play (this one was ok length).

If you are looking for something to take your mind of mad-head day (get it?!), then this is the game for you.

If it wasn't for the bonus game this game would have been ridiculously short.

I love this series, but this was the worst out of the lot, purely for value for money and length of the game.

posted in Phantasmat: Mournful Loch Collector's Edition on May 22, 17 8:50 PM
The main game was very good, lots of interactive play, interesting storyline, not too many HO and a variety of puzzles.

The bonus game however, was on the short side, did not add to the story at all and had I known, I would have just bought the standard version.

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on May 13, 17 11:17 PM
This game was infinitely better than the last MCF game, but none can compare to first ones that were made.

This game was OK.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition on Apr 25, 17 3:30 AM
I didn't find any tech problems with this game. If you are looking for a game, that is value for money, this would probably be a good choice as it's quite long.

Mind you, the bonus game I was a little disappointed with due to the multiple HOPs which the main game had few of, so they felt like 'fillers'.

The third part of the game was a joke; when I saw there were 3 parts to the game I was impressed, but the actual game play was ridiculous. Do a HOP, then find the pieces of a murderer and poof! case closed.

posted in Dark Romance: Romeo and Juliet Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 17 3:49 PM
I didn't finish the demo. even though I was playing hard I still got sparkles.

I think it would be a good game for someone new to these.

posted in Tales of Terror: Art of Horror Collector's Edition on Apr 15, 17 6:25 AM
This would have to be the first game ive ever played that just stopped.

I thought there were too many HO scenes.

the story was interesting which is why I chose it.

would I play the sequel, probably not.

I too, was very excited to see another of these games but was very disappointed. Not only did I experience some technical glitches, but I found the game boring and the same as previous games.

It is a no for me.

posted in Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef Collector's Edition on Jul 10, 16 1:19 AM
This is one of the best value games for your money. Not only were the graphics crisp and clear, but there were multiple locations and collectables which I love.

The bonus game was like a mini game itself with the time it took to complete. Unlike other games that just throw in HOP after HOP to make it seem like you are getting your money's worth, this game actually followed the same path as the main game, which extended the play for another couple of hours.

A wonderful game, highly recommended.

posted in Edge of Reality: Ring of Destiny Collector's Edition on May 15, 16 3:26 AM
I thought this was of the lamest games I've played. It was very easy and amateurish. maybe as a seasoned player, I expect more.

if you are new to these games, it might be right up your alley.

This is a great value for money game. Not only was the first part long, but the bonus chapter would have to be one of the longest I've played...in the end I was thinking how much more?

I liked the fact it was not creepy, had lots of things to do, not too many hidden objects scenes (which were mixed) and you could skip the talking scenes.

Overall a great game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator