Posts created by silvergirl_quest

posted in Keys to Manhattan on Oct 3, 10 2:28 PM
Thank you for your early-morning review, rosie28sammy! Because of it, I downloaded the trial even though there are so many negative user reviews. And I bought the game when the demo was up.

I almost totally agree with Genet1770's review, except about the timer being a turn-off. As Bobbie53 and hookt have mentioned, the 60-minute time limit for each room is so over-generous that it's like the game is untimed. And, like hookt, I definitely like the question-mark feature that shows what the object looks like.

Well, back to the game!

posted in Rainbow Web II on Sep 28, 10 3:44 PM
Well, I spoke too soon. Today I did a more extended play of the game and the same freeze occurred upon trying to leave the game, and again I had to reboot my Mac twice before my cursor would unfreeze. I guess it's back to see if CS has any more ideas or if I should just call it quits on this game on the Mac platform.

posted in Rainbow Web II on Sep 23, 10 7:39 PM
CS finally contacted me yesterday, and suggested that I update Flash and Shockwave, then uninstall and reinstall the game again. Well, that did it and now I don't have any problems with my Mac freezing when I quit the game.

So for anyone that's having the Mac hard-freeze when they try to quit the game, it may be due to either Flash or Shockwave needing to be updated.

posted in Cradle of Rome on Sep 15, 10 10:18 PM
Because of all the positive comments in this thread, I bought this DD. And so far I'm really happy that I got it!

I've been playing for hours now, and I've finally gotten to level 61. Some of the levels are kind of difficult, probably on the level of Around the World in 80 Days (which I really like) but so far do-able. I started out by liking the music, but after a while it got on my nerves so I turned off the music while keeping the sound effects. Overall, I find this to be a great DD.

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Sep 13, 10 7:59 PM
pabfl wrote:I, too, have ALL of the posters but am missing one gold cache. I, too, have every room marked "Clear" except the town center and the throne room. WHen in those places, I tried using a hint - that's how I found several of the others that evaded me. However, in those places, the hints do not reveal anything, meaning there is nothing there to be hinted at. So where is the last gold cache? Shouldn't the hint give it to me? I've hinted in the only two places without the "clear" sign. Help!
Frustrated in Florida

I had this problem also, and I only found out the answer after restarting the game and going completely through. The last gold cache is found after you've shot the ceiling lantern in the Throne Room (just to the right of the top of the screen) - it's really tricky to pick up the gold because it keeps on giving you the "Castle Entrance Hall" direction, and if you click on that, it boots you back into the Entrance Hall. You can get the gold if you're really careful and don't click until you get the hand sign instead of the "Castle Entrance Hall" words. When you've picked up this gold, you'll get the "Area Clear" flag for the Throne Room, too.

posted in Rainbow Web II on Sep 10, 10 4:41 PM
Yup, the same thing happened to me. Actually, it happened twice. It was awfully strange not being able to even force quit. Yesterday I had to turn off my Mac Mini TWICE in order to get out of the game. So it does seem to be a recurring problem. I haven't even played very often (only on the 5th floor of the castle so far), but if it crashes my Mac like this once or twice more, I'll be asking BFG for a refund.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Sep 5, 10 10:00 PM
Fox_118 wrote:I've found a shorter way to fix it, sorry for taking so much of your time trying to follow my long instructions.

Here it is:

1. Copy the following line into the clipboard:

cmd /C rmdir /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Awem\Golden Trails"

2. Press Win+R on your keyboard or click "Start" and choose the Run menu item.

3. In the window opened press right mouse button and select "Paste" in the menu opened

4. Press "Enter" button on your keyboard.

Have a good time with the game!

Thank you so much, Fox 118! I came here because I got the same "Exception" error that so many others are reporting, even after closing and opening the Game Manager and uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

posted in Aveyond: Lord of Twilight on Aug 3, 10 12:37 AM
I found Heptitus pretty easy to defeat if I had one spider egg (causes huge damage to H and wipes out all of H's spiders completely), and I could defeat her without death to any of my party if I had two spider eggs (used a spider egg each of two times H called up spiders). It helps if you make sure all of your party is pretty healthy before you start the fight, and I found Mel's trip skill is really helpful to keep H from harming my party before she calls up spiders. (I didn't find any amulets or potions to be as helpful as spider eggs, and I used my vampire to cast the spider eggs since she can't cause much damage if when she's perfectly healthy.)

See what you think of this way of fighting Heptitus!

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Jun 7, 10 1:29 AM
That's so simple -- thank you so much!!! (I was stuck on this puzzle for two days, believe it or not!)

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on May 30, 10 3:11 PM
I can't even START the first clue site. The game freezes (although the music still plays) as soon as I open the first clue site and I have to force-quit to get out of the game.

I've also downloaded this one three times (before I checked this forum to see if there were any hints to help me out).

Running 10.6 on a Mac mini.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on May 30, 10 3:03 PM
My game is also freezing at beginning of the first map location. Very frustrating.

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on May 19, 10 12:28 AM
OregonPandora wrote:Would this then be an "Unhidden Object genre?"

Hee hee! I think your comment is hilarious!!!

posted in Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom on May 12, 10 3:54 AM
Thank you so much, lordkalvan.

trinkette wrote:
wartie wrote:i am stuck on level 5 section 3 cannot find what to put in the planitarium on table, drawers just go in and out but cannot open middle one
wartie

I also need help with level 5 section 3. Can someone help? Thanks!

You need to have all the notes from the room, and the answer will be on one of the notes.

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Apr 21, 10 4:04 PM
Cromaxgal wrote:Does anything change as you go through the journey again. I started again, but haven't noticed anything different.

On the second journey, they put in unmatchable rocks, and it seems to me like they gradually increase the percentage of rocks on each Journey. But I haven't a clue as to what Journey 75 would look like...

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Apr 21, 10 3:59 PM
GmaGale wrote:You earn lives as you go through the Journeys. Some boards have extra lives (the Hearts) that you release. When you finish Day 81, any lives you didn't use will continue to the next Journey. I'm on Journey 75, and have over 100 lives.

Holy crow -- I'm on Journey 5 and I thought I was doing well! Congrats, GmaGale!!!

posted in Newspaper Puzzle Challenge - Sudoku Edition on Apr 19, 10 8:17 PM
meisie99 wrote:This is game is great. I love all the variations on sudoku, particularly killer Sudoku and Sudoku X. I'm a Sudoku fanatic and think this is one of the best daily deals ever!

I agree -- I love it! This is one of my favorite Daily Deals, and i have a lot of them!

posted in Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond on Jan 31, 10 11:26 AM
I agree 100%, LizzieK.

I loved the first Nick Chase game and (more than any other game I can think of) the voice acting really made it incredible. Like you, I was ready to buy the sequel the second I heard it was coming out, but without that fantastic voice acting, I really am hesitating about whether to buy this game.

Thanks for the info, prpldva!

posted in Hidden Expedition: Titanic™ on Aug 8, 09 2:17 AM
I haven't had that problem myself. But I've played Titanic so often now that I unfortunately know where most of the items are. If you use hints judiciously you should have few problems when you repeat a level because the items are always in the same place. (Only the lists change.)

Remember to pick up the spare oxygen tanks that are in some of the levels. There should be a spare oxygen tank in every dive.

posted in Super Granny 4 on Jan 8, 09 3:49 PM
Hi piggy,

This had me stymied for a really long time, too. It turns out that it's really simple to operate the lift -- the problem was that I can't ever remember them telling how to do it.

To operate the lift, go onto the lift. To move the lift up, press the up arrow. To move the lift down, press the down arrow.

Now (like me) you can let out a big scream!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator