Posts created by cagamenut

I agree with ams199 about the custom cursor glitch. I had just collected all the parts for the Fortune Teller when the black squares appeared on the screen. Tried to exit the game when the computer froze and gave me an access violation. Thanks to the forum comments, I went back into the game, unclicked the custom cursor option, and I was able to continue putting the Fortune Teller together. I also noticed that the game disappeared on Game Manager. I hope the cursor glitch is the only problem I encounter. Keeping my fingers crossed and buying the game. (Running Win 7 64 bit)

I'm not familiar with the Devs, but it looks like an interesting game. Voice overs and full screen. Some items in the HOS are hidden from obvious view but the scenes are clear and the items aren't tiny. Find golden horseshoes to buy 'trophies', and there are rewards for finding things quickly, etc. Graphics are clear and well done. Two game play options. I always mute the music so can't comment on that. Quick download with no glitches. Looking forward to a spooky game! Thanks Dens & BF!

posted in Fishdom 3 on Jan 2, 13 11:19 PM
Another totally addictive game for me, and a great one for just relaxing. I play the untimed version so that I can relax and enjoy the game. I have all the other Fishdom games but the reason I enjoy this one so much is that I am not limited as to where to put the tank decorations. Thank you, Devs and BF, for that! In the other Fishdom games, the game pretty much decides where you can, and can't, put items, and that can be annoying. I really enjoy the 'conversations' with the fish, as well as the choices of different tank scenes. An all around good game!

posted in Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 12 1:12 AM
One of my favorite developers, but no wide screen on my laptop altho that option is offered. Lovely scenes and the accents, of the characters, are great. I'm not very far into the trial, but am already confused. Only two levels shown on the SG in the trial game. 3 levels of play option. A buy for me, I think

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 10:35 PM
I've had it, and can't believe that this is a MCF game. I've installed it 4 times, including the updated version and still can't see the entire screen. 1/4 of the screen is missing and it doesn't matter whether I have High Def checked or not. I also have black borders. I have enjoyed the other MCF games and had planned on buying this one to fill out my punch card. Very disappointing since there are fixes for some problems, but not the resolution problems so many have had.

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 2:01 PM
I've been a BF Game Club member since 2006. While I'm sorry this new **** game isn't on sale, I will continue to be loyal to Big Fish. I don't feel it's worth Unsubscribing/Resubscribing. Big Fish has given Game Club members extra punch card credits which non-members do not receive, and I do love those punch cards. I'll eventually buy this game; it just won't be this week-end.

posted in Tales of Terror: Crimson Dawn on Oct 17, 12 12:20 AM
I got caught by the graphics and the chance of a scary game, and now wish I hadn't. By the time I finished the game, I was ready to shake that brother until his teeth rattled. I felt as tho the game left me hanging. It wasn't a hard game and the puzzles were nice, but I'm sorry I wasted a free game credit on it. I'm glad that others enjoyed it tho!

posted in The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire on Sep 20, 12 12:34 AM
Having the same problem, with access violation, when I step away from the computer for a few minutes. The game is beautiful and fun, but I'm tired of sitting in this chair. If I close the game, instead of leaving it open, then I get the dreaded X when I go to play again,and I can't repeat that level. With so many having the same problem, there seems to be something going on with the game.

posted in The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire on Sep 14, 12 1:39 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Sep 3, 12 9:15 PM
I think I'm probably going against the crowd, but I liked the game. I did the beta on it and was anxiously waiting the release. I didn't find the graphics to be blurry; loved the real people characters, and loved Charo's deep voice. Felt that the graphics were appropriate to the story. My only objection would be the map, which didn't do much; I used the SG a lot to find where I was suppose to go next, but mainly because I couldn't remember where an item went or the names of the rooms. Had a devil (no pun intended!) of a time getting the game to play, which I've never experienced with an ERS game. Two freezes, one access error, & an update to Acrobat, before it worked. There may have been two other small glitches but closing and re-opening the game took care of those. None of the problems happened with the beta game. Much as I like HOG games, it was nice to see an adventure game by ERS. The last HOG game I bought was junk pile which I don't particularly like so this was a nice change. If you aren't tied to HOG games, give this one a try. It was worth all the problems I encountered.

posted in Jar of Marbles II: Journey to the West on Aug 29, 12 1:54 PM
I'm so glad that I checked the forum before even downloading. I was ready to buy because the first one was a great mindless game if one couldn't sleep. Timed? No thank you!! I'm not even going to bother with the trial.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 20, 12 3:24 PM
I really liked this game, even the spooky parts, but the game really needs a map and a journal. I ended up doing a lot of hint clicking since I couldn't figure out where to go next. I don't normally care about voice overs but this game needed that too. Beautiful graphics!

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 20, 12 3:12 PM
OzzyRobyn wrote:I do not have the bonus chapter, which some reviewers say they have and other reviewers say they don't. This is pretty major when one has paid the premium price. I uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled, but still no bonus game play.

This may have been answered but you need to go to "change player' on the main menu once you've finished the basic game. In the bottom right corner, there is a button for the bonus game. Confusing, I know!

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 19, 12 10:35 PM
dancemom1 wrote:HELP! I'm having the same problem as knordin84. As soon as I got the first crystal, my potion disappeared. Now I'm stuck and can't go forward or backward. Now what. I am not going to be happy if I have to start this game all over again! Thanks

I had the same problem . I had finished everything but the potion...no potion in the inventory. I accidentally clicked to the left of the inventory bar (to the left of the arrow) and the potion suddenly showed up in the inventory. There is definitely an inventory glitch. I was able to complete the regular game and am off to try the bonus...with my fingers crossed! Try clicking around as a temp fix until there is a permanent one.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty Collector`s Edition on Aug 19, 12 10:03 PM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:There are many instruments. It's maybe in your inventory. You can scroll in the inventory. Click on the arrow.

Thank you! Just as I was about to post that the small drum is missing, but I noticed your post. Sure enough, by the time I re-opened the game, the drum was there. However it wasn't there until after I closed and re-opened. A tiny but frustrating glitch maybe?

I have the same problem with the screen resolution. Never had that problem before, but I don't like windowed mode. I'm glad I tried the game first, then checked the forum for tech issues. A no buy for me in windowed mode

I was excited when I saw a new Redemption Cemetery game, and with real actors! I really like ERS games, but then I saw the silhouettes....right up (or rather down) there with 'find the difference'. To buy or not, durn it. I'll probably kick myself if I don't buy, but grind my teeth if I do.

What a beautifully done and intriguing game. I love this developer! Absolutely no problems with the install or play; everything worked perfectly. I know that some players don't care for real people in a game (instead of graphics), but I like them. It makes the game more realistic. The hidden objects parts were not difficult, and I liked the different mini games. Not the usual stuff. I'm constantly amazed at the talent and imagination the devs have. I wasn't going to buy another CE this month, but couldn't pass this one up. Loved the magnet puzzle! Thank you, Devs and BF

posted in Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition on Jul 24, 12 7:15 PM
I too just finished the game and it is absolutely amazing! I really enjoyed the combination of real people in a non-real (sort of) background. The 'Behind the scenes' was a wonderful bonus and made me appreciate all that went into creating a unique and unusual game experience. The voices of the characters were perfect and beautifully in sync. I particularly liked that you used family members and am looking forward to seeing Uncle John as Carl in a future game. I hope there will be a sequel. Not a 'happy' game but one I will not forget.

Other than the inventory bar at the top (I can't seem to remember it's there!!) there isn't anything I don't like about this game. The graphics are beautiful and clear. The puzzles are different from the usual ones found in ho games, and the story line is good. I'm really glad that I bought the CE! It appears to be a long game or at least it seemed long to me and I'm just starting the Bonus game. I did rather miss the map but not enough to complain about it. An excellent addition to a trilogy from this Dev. Thank you!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator