Posts created by machamc

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 5, 10 12:51 PM
Just to add my two cents - cursor jumpy, changed to regular cursor, same problem. Items from inventory come out and jump all over the screen as does the directions i.e. "go back" when I haven't even gone anywhere.

posted in Brixter on Aug 31, 10 10:13 AM
What is this all about - got about 2 minutes of demo, screen went to window size, then shut down and said trial time over. No trial time to evaluate, no sale.

posted in Banana Bugs on Jul 21, 10 2:12 PM
Anyone know how many levels? I completed over 50 during the demo hour - not sure if it is worth buying if I am half way done.

posted in KaromatiX - The Broken World on May 20, 10 11:41 AM
Don't write much but had to comment on this. This game had great potential - great graphics, interesting story as far as I got and good game play.

However, as others have said, it is way too slow. "You Win" pops up after every level and sits there........, it then goes to a screen where pieces of picture are restored and sits there........ There is no opportunity to click past these and the wait seems forever.

The other thing that bothers me is that when you click the "Continue" button, the sound is the same sound I get when I have done something wrong in other programs. This was hugely annoying to me.

Would have purchased except for the above.

posted in Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland on May 6, 10 10:09 AM
Thanks Andrew, I really appreciate your answer. Unfortunately, I don't think I will buy the game based on my speed in completing over half of the game in one hour but I would like to commend you on a very special game based on one of my favorite fairy tales. It was true to the story and lovely to play, just wish it was a bit longer.

Thanks again.

posted in Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland on May 5, 10 12:21 PM
I really enjoyed the demo of this game and almost used my credit from last month when I thought to find the walkthrough and see how far along I was.

I was very disappointed to see that i was over half way thru in my demo hour and that was after fumbling around in the beginning trying to get out of the rabbit hole and proceed. I really don't want to waste my credit if there is less than an hour to go. I sense that I could just sail thru the rest of the game if it doesn't get more complicated. Can someone tell me if it gets more involved after the Dutchess?

posted in Eternity on May 1, 10 11:37 AM
I don't comment much but had to say how very disappointed I was in this game, Mushroom Age was a similar theme and was much more interesting. Got 1/3 thru in demo and that was after losing time because I couldn't understand some of the hints, even after switching to casual mode! Seemed like there were only a couple of tasks in each section of the levels, not very complex because there were not a lot of things to do or find. Graphics were great but seemed like a lot of work for very little time spent in each place. I checked the walkthrough and it looked like I could sail thru the rest of the game in another hour. Just not worth it.

posted in Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion on Apr 18, 10 9:55 AM
Does anyone know if we buy the game and don't like it, can we get a refund?

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 10 2:16 PM
I played the demo of this game and, while I enjoyed it, will not be buying at the CE price because I think there is a gimmick here. I think I got at least 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through but could have gone farther if it weren't for sweeping the mirrors. We all complain when a game seems too short and it just seems to me that they extended the length of the game by making us sweep off the mirrors at the end of each section. Without having to do that, how long do you think it would take to play?

posted in Matchmaker: Joining Hearts on Feb 9, 10 3:20 PM
I was in the third match-up when I got the "blue screen of death" and my computer crashed. I had to manually shut it off and on again. After the computer restarted, I tried to play this game again and immediately had the same problem. . I will be contacting Customer Support but as I have had no other problems with my computer at all, I am giving a warning to others as I can play my other games and use my other programs with no problem so it must be this game

posted in The Clumsys 2: Butterfly Effect on Jan 30, 10 10:38 AM
I really enjoy reading the comments and reviews as they often help me in deciding whether or not to try or buy a game and like knowing the number of levels in a game.

What really bothers me is finding answers to game mechanics (i.e. How do I do this or that or I am stuck on xxxxx). I do not want to know the solutions to problems before I have a chance to try it my self so try to skip over these posts but sometimes my eyes see the answer before my brain tells me to stop looking.

Would it be possible to have two different categories of discussion and leave the answers/solutions out of the comments and reviews?

Thanks for listening.

posted in Jane Angel: Templar Mystery on Dec 10, 09 1:19 PM
OLDBAY wrote:What no rubber ducky ? thats what its missing ? I have to agree w/ poppa it is ONE of the worst ....maybe not the worst but Its close .I didn't like the scrolling screen or the junk piles....spelling...its a pass for me as well...really been a bad week for games..At this rate I'll never rank as a lobster....I keep saying well maybe tomorrow...thats getting really old...Till we meet again..... give us something to talk about

Aha! I found the rubber ducky! It's in Chapter 2, Monkey Village. It doesn't seem to be on my list, but I have found the lists change if you replay a scene.

This is a really good game, as so many other people agree.

posted in Jane Angel: Templar Mystery on Dec 10, 09 11:20 AM
I come to this forum mostly to read other's comments to see if I might like a game or not - I can usually tell from people's likes and dislikes what a game is about and how it is played - I do not let other's opinions sway me as there is so much variety.

I simply could not resist chiming in on the spelling problem. I just played thru the 1 hour demo and bought the game. The scissores problem that so many people are griping about is simply not understanding that words like scissors can be singular or plural and in the case of scissors, we refer to a "pair" of scissors, even though there is one object - the "pair of scissors" consisting of two blades - the natural instinct of non-English speakers is to make a word plural by adding "es" - if you notice after you find all but the last pair of scissors, the spelling changes to "scissors".

I particularly like the side scrolling as if you are careful, you can find items by the way the words grey out as you are scrolling

Come on, people, give the man a break. He has created a charming game with some new and unusual minigames instead of the same old things. I think some people are unnecessarily rude when talking to a developer who probably has better things to do than listen to all the kvetching from people who probably don't like anything foreign and have nothing better to do than criticize. Sorry, but it really spoils the enjoyment of reading these forums to see some of the things people say.

Also, if you don't like HOG games, you don't need to yell about it, bide your time and something you like will probably come along. Big Fish does a superb job of finding interesting and enjoyable games for all types of players and charges a lot less than buying from sites that charge full price. I particularly dislike Time Management games but can't complain because BF does a great job of finding games I do like and I have enough to play thru old ones again while waiting for a new one.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I have just had enough of complaining, whining, griping, whinging (by the way, not a misspelling), and carrying on like children who can't get their way.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Dec 8, 09 10:13 AM
I really appreciate reading the comments and reviews especially for the large file games with no demos. All I seem to be able to find are questions and answers for problems people are having with the game.

They may be mixed up in the first topic but there are almost 200 posts and the first three pages are just problem solving.

There is usually a topic called "Comments and Reviews" - are there comments and reviews somewhere and I am just missing them?

posted in Escape the Museum 2 on Nov 18, 09 2:12 PM
Re the "need disk" problem. This happened to me too, the first time I got a message saying there was no disk in the D drive but I clicked continue and the game went on to the next scene. After that scene, I received the message about no disk in the D drive and I was unable to continue. Not only that, I could end the game but I could not get rid of the message about the D drive even with the Task Manager. I finally had to restart my computer.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and played thru the demo until I had 12 minutes left and bought the game. I have had no problems about a missing disk since.

I did stop in the middle of a scene when I quit to buy it and the same objects were in the same place when I repeated it so it would appear they don't move around which would not be good for replay value.

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 12, 09 12:31 PM
I have filled up the garden with everything available, won the garden contest and the game doesn't seem to end! Austin keeps saying I may think I am done but he has made a list of additional items to be restored - no additional items appear but I keep going to rooms and have accumulated another 8,000+ coins with nothing to spend them on. While items seemed to stay mostly in the same place until I won the garden contest, they have moved around in the rooms I have played since.

I think the replay value is creating another player and creating a different garden.

I am wondering if the game ever ends!

posted in Lost City of Aquatica on Aug 29, 09 12:32 PM
Sorry, but I found this very boring. Interesting concept but match 3 part is slow and not much fun. No problems with game play or graphics, just boring, not nearly as much fun as Lost in Reefs.

posted in Time Machine: Evolution on Aug 24, 09 5:16 PM
This is my first time writing to a forum. I usually read the reviews and comments even before starting a game and was very discouraged by everything written about TIme Machine but decided to give it a try anyway.

I had no problem completing every level I played before the demo time ran out when I was near the end of the 3rd stage. I enjoyed the game and felt no pressure trying to complete the levels. I think the difference was because I bought all the time bonuses and made sure I used them.

My only problem with buying the game is that is seems really short as it only shows 5 stages and I had nearly finished the 3rd stage when the demo time ended. Unless there are further levels after the 5 stages, the game is much too short for the cost.

I would encourage anyone who decides to play the demo to be sure you buy the time freeze and time addition bonuses.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator