Posts created by pepssy

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 15, 13 10:57 PM
babyjesus wrote:
LuvDemGames wrote:I need to find more food for Mina, but there doesn't seem to be any. I have used up everything I had, except one raw egg which she refuses. I can't get her up the mountain path until I bring her energy up. I dove down by the helicopter and all I could find was one mussel before I ran out of air. I have checked the trees, nothing. Anyone know where I can get more food for her?

Inside the helicopter on the dead pilots jacket, after you move the knife, there are 3 crayfish that you need to catch.
On the mud lake there is a nest on the ground with eggs in it.
Just before you get to the mud, look around and there are 2 oranges lying on the ground. Neat the bottom of the mill steps there are some nuts on the ground and some pinecones to feed Jep.
Amber is inside the workshop and if Jep asks her, she will give him the rock which Jep needs to crack open nuts. You need to aim the roch just above his head. You can get 10 nuts.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 15, 13 10:51 PM
graphixman wrote:I am at the kiln near the end of the game and the hardy is not there. Is this something I was supposed to find eariler?

The hardy is on the wall beside the big kiln once you get across the swamp. You need to sharpen it at the sawmill and then put it in a hole on the rock in front of the fire. You need it sharp later on.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 15, 13 10:46 PM
[b]
gabeya wrote:Does anyone know how to get past them Slugger Alfa Male Monkey once you get past the thorns and up on onto the cliff? Nothing i do pleases him. Please help.

Jep needs to scare him with the green paint can. Use the curved hook to get the marrow out of the broken bone for Jep to eat.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 15, 13 10:43 PM
Nadoosh1980 wrote:Hi all!
I tried everything with slugger but nothing seems to please him!
What do I do to get the rifle or the ants???
Help!!

You need the snakeskin which a snake has shed. I think that it is near the clay pit. Once you scare him away you can get a blade of grass to get the ants but you can only get the rifle a bit further on in the game.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 15, 13 10:39 PM
pepssy wrote:[b]
1Inkling wrote:
mazza66 wrote:I am replacing the circuits in the robot 3 have burned and now 3 do not have the right number of little holes How can I start this section again..or how do I get the right connections....Please..can anyone help Mazza 66

This is my issue too. Anyone know how to do this part? I've had 2 circuits burn out, so I have 20 holes and only 18 circuits. They are all in, but nothing is happening with two of the holes left open. Can't find more circuits. Stumped! Please help! Thanks!

Save before you even start to replace circuits. That way, if you burn out some, you can go back and start over. I have had to do this often. Save a lot so you can restart it from where you left off. Mine kept freezing at 1 spot and it really helped me there.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 15, 13 10:35 PM
[b]I FINALLY got the fishing done without losing the pride point. I have only managed it once before and I have played this game on and off a lot.
To be successful, you have to almost anticipate when the fish will turn red. I miss a lot of times when the green fish gets close to the net because I want it to go in and it turns red and I lose it. But, I did it today so I am very happy about that.

When you use the easy way, when the fish turns red, you can click on it before it turns green. You can't do this at all when you try without losing the pride points.
Happy fishing fishies. (I cook each fish except 1 that I keep for bait to catch the "Lake Monster.) Then I make 4 fish pies. That way I get to cook the eggs or feed Jep with them.

posted in Mahjong Roadshow on Aug 15, 13 7:09 PM
[b]This is one of my favorite games. My highest score is $51,350,000.
I now know which tiles are worth a lot and I try not to get ones under $20,000. In the very beginning you have to, but as you progress you can "opt out, or restart the level until you get a more valuable tile.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 13, 13 8:15 AM
abinesh747 wrote:Yesterday i finally downloaded the game from bigfish. And everything went well, installed the game and started it, but after about an hour of playing the game stopped. No error message whatsoever but it just dissapeared. Now it won't start anymore, when i double click the icon it thinks for a while and then nothing!
I tried restarting, uninstalling, re-installing but nothing seems to be working. I allready mailed the support from microids, but while waiting for an answer I thought i just ask you guys if somebody knows a sollution.

Are you downloading the trial or demo of the game? Otherwise, I don't know what the solution is.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 13, 13 8:12 AM
[b] Please do not read if you want to work out this puzzle by yourself.

From row 1 at the left to row 5 at the right...top to bottom:
the 1st number is at the top of the circuit, go clockwise:

row 1...1-3-1-3
1-3-2-3
2-3-3-3
1-1-2-3
row 2...1-2-1-2
1-3-3-3-
3-3-3-3
1-2-2-3
row 3...1-1-1-2
1-3-3-2
2-3-2-3
1-2-3-2
row 4...1-1-1-1
2-2-2-3
2=2-3-3
1-2-2-2
row 5...1-1-1-3
1-1-2-2
2-2-2-2
1-1-3-2

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 13, 13 8:10 AM
mamalama7 wrote:ok. now I need the code to fix robot?

From row 1 at the left to row 5 at the right...top to bottom:
the 1st number is at the top of the circuit, go clockwise:

row 1...1-3-1-3
1-3-2-3
2-3-3-3
1-1-2-3
row 2...1-2-1-2
1-3-3-3-
3-3-3-3
1-2-2-3
row 3...1-1-1-2
1-3-3-2
2-3-2-3
1-2-3-2
row 4...1-1-1-1
2-2-2-3
2=2-3-3
1-2-2-2
row 5...1-1-1-3
1-1-2-2
2-2-2-2
1-1-3-2

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 13, 13 8:00 AM
cc1cat wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the everything including words being duplicated on same screen?

Have you tried to restart your computer. Sometimes that works with me when a game freezes.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 13, 13 7:57 AM
mehupa wrote:Well I have gotten Mina out of copter and setting under the tree, I can get her pal jep to go places but on the walkthrough they say I should be on beach and something about a key but I never found that. Has anyone found a rusty key?

The beach with the rusty key is in "Return to Mysterious Island 1. You must be looking at the walkthrough for that one. Part 2 has "Mina's Fate" in the title.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 13, 13 7:53 AM
[b]My both games , game 1 and 2, were working fine when they both kept freezing on the same day. I restarted my computer and now they both work again.

On a totally different game, I had to do a system recovery and go back a couple of days. Not all computers let you have this as an option.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 13, 13 7:49 AM
try3cats wrote:I have not gone back to the game to see what happens, if I choose to leave.

If you try to leave Jep dies and the pilot will not land to pick up Mina because of the dense green fog over the island. If you choose to stay, Jep and the island are protected by the green gas and then there will be a 3rd game to rescue her.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 13, 13 7:47 AM
try3cats wrote:I have not gone back to the game to see what happens, if I choose to leave.
IF or when they do part 3, I will buy it.
I did try to raise the shield early in the game and it would not let me. Before the alpha monkey died (name?).

The alpha male who died was called Slugger. He is the same one who first wouldn't let Jep get the ants, and the one who is with Amber on the cliff top near the sawmill.

There is going to be a 3rd game in the series. It will be on a new island and there will be more tribe members. That is why they are taking so long to come out with the 3rd game.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 12, 13 9:36 PM
[b]Please don't read the following if you want to use the chemicals by yourself.

After Jep cuts down the rope hanging down from a tree before you get to the windmill steps and you make 2 rope ladders, use 1 ladder to cross the ravine and put 1 piece of large bamboo in the sulphur pool to scare off monkey. You can get sulfur, coal, iron sulfate and potash.

Saltpeter can be obtained from the entrance to the water in Granite House. You can only get 1 at a time.

sulfuric acid...put iron sulfate on still.

Nitric acid can be made by combining sulfuric acid and saltpeter and put it on the still...you get 3 containers from this.

Put seaweed from the beach on fire to get soda. Soda +fat from seal=2 glycerin and 1 soap.

Dynamite...wick from chest in Granite House, clay and nitro. (You can get 2 clay at 1 time by getting one and letting Jep hold it while you get the extra one.

more later.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 12, 13 9:24 PM
[b]pLEASE DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE TRYING TO WORK OUT THE FOOD OBJECTS BY YOURSELF.
Eggs...there are 2 places on the sand beach and they both have 2 eggs in them. There is another place, a bird's nest, on the cliff on the opposite side of the fire-pit area. Jep can get an egg from the hut where you found him. It is on a bird's nest on the rafters. You can also get another egg once you can enter granite house. Use up the eggs as there are lots to go around.

Crabs...there are 2 crabs on the beach area through the arch where the oysters are. There are 5 oysters, one a bit lower on one of the poles at the pond where the fish is. The crabs can only be taken when both of them have their backs turned. You can also take the dead porcupine and use the knife on it to get the quills.

There are coconuts in this area. Later on, you can get Jep to climb up a tree to get the last coconut.

Fish...there is a fish in the pool but you need acacia thorns bent over the fire, a rope you get from using the knife on a coconut and a pole up near where the tree trunks won't let Mina pass.

Maple syrup. You can get 2 bowls of maple syrup from the red maple tree near the lake. Cut the tree and get the syrup in the pottery bowls that you make. You can use 1 to make alcohol to use on an aggressive monkey in the cave tunnel.

I hope that this helps those who can't get enough food to let Mina move the tree trunk.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 12, 13 9:11 PM
[b]There is an odd piece of metal and a rock which will make a knife. It is possible to make 2 knives in the game. Try the metal with another metal if the above way didn't work.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 12, 13 2:02 PM
spockybuff wrote:I have never been defeated by a game before. I have tried for days to place the fuses in the robot in the right way. I have looked up all the walkthroughs . I do not have the right numbers to fill in the blocks, so what am I doing wrong.Puzzled is not the word!

The circuits are...from top to bottom and left to right:
1-3-1-3 (THE FIRST NUMBER IS AT the top and goes clockwise)
1-3-2-2
2-3-3-3
1-1-2-3
Next row:
1-2-1-2
1-3-3-3
3-3-3-3
1-2-2-3
3rd row:
1-1-1-2
1-3-3-2
2-3-2-3
1-2-3-2
4th row:
1-1-1-1
2-2-2-3
2-2-3-3
1-2-2-2
last row:
1-1-1-3
1-1-2-2
2-2-2-2
1-1-3-2
Always save the game before trying to do the hard puzzles.
If you don't have enough circuits, you may have to restart the game as that is the only way to get them all back again.
I hope that this helps you and others who are stuck at this puzzle as the walkthroughs are not easy with this puzzle.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 11, 13 4:35 PM
pinkwitch12 wrote:I have suddenly created the lighter without creating the knife first, just combined them all. I need the knife by itself for the acacia thorns, etc. I figure there is a trick to the dismantling procedure. I am not far into this so I could create a new game but this will surely come up later.

There is an area at the inventory where it has a spot to dismantle items. I hope that this helps.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator