Posts created by Dialogue

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 17, 12 2:12 PM
This is an excellent large file/adventure game. It takes a lot of thinking to get through this game but the story and graphics and sound make it worthwhile. There are no hidden objects in this game so if that's what you're looking for get another game or try this game for a change of pace. See how good your adventure skills are without sparkles and hints.

There are no mingames in this one but there are many puzzles to figure out.

Graphics and sound are fresh and clear. Navigation can be challenging but there is a map to help you out and save a lot of running around by transporting you to other places.

I rate this game out of 5.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 17, 12 1:52 PM
Karen,

I just looked back through the thread and noticed that there was a wedding in the family. Hip, hip, hooray! Is your daughter's name Rhiannon by any chance?

Thank you for clearing up my question about the good friend. What bravery. I guess he or she's the type who looks at a situation and has to get to the bottom of it. If a friends' daughter is in danger , the danger will be removed before she gets killed. I like this person.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 17, 12 12:39 PM
Congratulations to all prior finishers and Congratulations To Me I finally finished

What a wonderful game. It takes a lot of thinking and patience but the story, the graphics and the sound makes it all worth it. A lot of work went into this game. It must have been some feat to do it because there are not a lot of names listed in the credits. The music was good but I really liked the tones near the end of the game. They were soothing and melodious. I usually turn the music off in games. I'm glad I didn't have to in this game

Hats off to you and your team Karen. This is truly an excellent Adventure game.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 11, 12 5:15 PM
Sunshinej, you have no "i" or "notes" at the bottom of your screen when you run your mouse over it? If you do, the map is to the left of them. That map is invaluable. I just remembered that the information "i" or help said that the map can take me to places immediately without me stumbling around to find my way. Gingergal is right about one thing, Karen and her team deserve a big hug for that map.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 11, 12 11:24 AM
Thank you, Karen, for the information regarding the legend. You and your crew have a good imagination. This is a real nice game to play.

You didn't answer my other question though. Is the protagonist a paranormal investigator or just a really, really good and courageous friend?

Now I'll get back to the game. I already lost half of the day but I think I can move a lot faster now. I was beginning to understand how everything works before I went to bed last night.

Thanks Sunshinej for thinking about me. Now that my head is clear the navigation should be much easier.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 10, 12 6:45 PM
Tidewaters I can't help you with the labels and the only thing I remember about water was a sign in the study about divining water and digging a well.

Navigation is horrible in this game. I played a maze game once that used this kind of navigation and I think a maze minigame in one of the Fall Trilogies used it too. It's hard for me to get used to no matter how many times I do it. I had problems with the jetty too. I'm grateful for the map otherwise I would never get anywhere at all.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 10, 12 4:27 PM
Joyfullady Drats! I bought the Dark Piper and planned to play it after finishing Rhiannon. Is the story not interesting or is this game so much more interesting that it makes the Dark Piper seem so inferior.

About the cat. I've never seen the cat so he or she is on its own.

Tidewaters I am glad to see that I am not the only one so far behind. I am in Chapter 2 and have been for awhile. I'm hoping I can finish the chapter before I quit for the night too. If the game is good enough I don't get to bed until 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning. I'd better keep watching the clock. This is a good game.

Way to go Gmum . I'll be getting there (the end) in a few days, I think.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 10, 12 1:53 PM
Hooray! I finally made it to Chapter 2. Congratulations to all who have finished.

To Karen: I am curious about the story. Is the legend true or is the story made up? If you and your co-developers made it all up, you have great imaginations.

I just got back to the game today after a long hiatus and did all the reading involved in Chapter 1. I would like to know what kind of friend has that much courage to stay around with all the wierd happenings going on. I'd be gone with the wind...but everything frightens me it seems. Is the friend a paranormal investigator or something like that? Inquiring minds would like to know.

This is a really nice game to play. It offered everything a collector's edition should offer and more. I loved that I could play match 3 games to find objects instead of looking for them in a jumbled mess. I like the interactive hidden objects but the others are starting to bore me.

Another thing I did not like is the dismal, faded colors. For some reason developers can't seem to understand that scenes don't have to be dark and dreary to be scary. In this case a boarded up house would probably be dark and dusty but a whole game of it makes me want to . Make a game that is colorful and I'll buy it. I won't buy this game even for $6.99.

I rate this game out of 5 and for the dark, dreary, fuzzy graphics.

I will usually try a game if it has at least one good review. This must be the absolutely worst game Big Fish has ever offered. I did not see even one review or comment that would make me even maybe want to try the game. When I read reviews and comments that say the game should be incinerated and the best part of the game is the exit or uninstall button and no lone likes the game at all then I won't waste my hard drive space.

Although I didn't even try the game, I think it might be and make me

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 4, 12 10:53 PM
Glad to see you back, Popla27. I'm grateful that you decided to start group play and these forum threads. Some of us adventure gamers are finally finishing more games with the group's help.

Good to have you back, Tidewaters.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Jun 4, 12 5:26 PM
Hi All,

I have started the game. I am happy to see one of the developers as a helper. I'm going to need all the help I can get since it took me a long time to figure out that I was at the wrong door in the beginning of the game. After that I managed to get myself stuck in the hall. Thankfully I'm beginning to get the hang of moving and looking around.

Thank you Karen for helping us out. I assume the usual helpers will be available too. These help forums in group play are very important to me. I rarely post in them but I always get help here because someone else has usually asked my question already.

@Catfish Girl: I haven't gotten back to Return to Mysterious Island II yet but I will. I've got more time to play now so I plan to finish Rhiannon before I return to it.

posted in Solitaire Mystery: Stolen Power on Jun 4, 12 3:43 PM
I thought the game was rather flat. It seemed to go nowhere. The hidden objects were fun to find and the card games were fun to play until I had to brush and spray every few cards. That is tedious. Who thought that kind of busywork was needed in a Solitaire game? It's a distraction that detracted from the game's enjoyment for me.

I won't be buying this game...even as a Daily Deal. I could tolerate the rest of the game, although it plays rather flat (i.e. This card is for this. I'll go here. This person said this.) It is just dry but tolerable. I would have used it as a time filler when commercials come on the television but the flow is interrupted too much by the brushing and spraying.

posted in Spirit Walkers: Curse of the Cypress Witch on May 30, 12 2:18 PM
So far I have only played half of the demo hour but it is a definite buy for me. If some people say it is only two or three hours then I can be sure it will be at least five or six hours for me.

I enjoy the dialogue. It makes the characters seem real. When people are together in the woods or other places they talk to each other.

The dimensional shift is nice. When I saw it in Snark Busters I thought it was a nice touch. The subject matter and story was what really piqued my interest. It's not often American Indian culture is the theme of Big Fish games and this one is really good.

The game is pretty and well done. It is worth my credit.

For the part I played I rate this game out of 5 just in case it is really short.

edit: I finished the game and it is short. Even though it took me more than 5 or 6 hours to finish, a really good player could finish it much more quickly. It would have taken me a few more hours had I kept trying to finish the two minigames I eventually skipped. Spoiler: I just couldn't figure out what I had to do with the loom. If anyone who has finished this puzzle reads this please tell me what I have to do to make that carpet. I can sew very well but I guess I will never be a weaver . When I play this game again, I want to be able to play that minigame. The other one I just stopped playing because I was tired. I will play that one again also.

This game was so good that I will rate it out of 5 and a even though the game was short and the English was not perfect. When my husband came into the room to see the pictures, I knew the graphics were much better than normal. The only other games he has remarked about cost $50 when they were first released. (I wait a little while, then buy them at a dirt cheap price. )

posted in Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery on May 26, 12 3:28 PM
My game loads very slowly too. I was about to give up and ctrl-alt-del out when I noticed that my drive light was flickering like it was working instead of being frozen. Sure enough the game loaded about 10 -15 seconds later. The game takes a long time to load between scenes too. I'll put up with it though. I'm enjoying the game too much to not buy it because of slow loading scenes.

posted in Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery on May 26, 12 2:34 PM
CiChDa wrote:I haven't finished the demo ...does it get better? As of right now - this game is not my cup of meaning pretty lame. Cheers to all that like it and please tell me why.

I don't think the game is lame at all. I like it because it is done well. The story line is much different than the usual dark, gloomy games. It will take me awhile to play it. I like the dialogue between the two Teslas. I think it adds to the story. The music is not bad and the graphics are good. The hidden object scene I played was not too hard but it wasn't too easy for me either. The best part about this game is that it has all the qualities of the games that usually start as collector's editions. We don't have to wait 3 weeks or a month to get the standard edition. Lastly, there is a sale going on. It's not half off the club member's price but I did save two dollars when I bought it.

This game is one of the few games I lost track of the time while playing the demo and got booted out of the game. Now I'm hooked. I want to know what happens when I get to 1895. It's fine that some people don't like the game. Everyone's taste is different. I am thoroughly enjoying the game.

I rate this game out of 5 and a to help with the color in the game

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur on May 23, 12 9:21 AM
I only played 40 minutes of the demo.I have to agree with the players who said this game is boring. The dull grainy brown is hard on my eyes and the items are not sized properly all the time. I could pick up items easily once I found them. It was easier to just click around to find things.

Some people put a lot of time into making this game so I don't want to be too harsh. This game is on the level of a Samantha Swift game. I played all of those and they were enjoyable. Even though objects were hard to find the developers did not resort to using dull browns and grainly scenes to hide objects. The hidden object scenes are junk piley.

Now for the good things about the hidden object scenes. Looking for the coins and jewels to collect more hints and powerups for the match 3 games was okay. It was also all right to have to find the jewel board parts. The dialogue didn't bother me too much but I did think it was excessive. That's common in adventure hidden object games now.

It's good that a player is able to collect more hints. They need them in this game. I always look for the three coins and the jewels first because in this game, a player really needs them.

The match 3 part made the game unbuyable for me. I never buy timed Match 3 games because it takes me a little while to find matches. The 3 minutes I was given for the first board was not enough time for me. It took me two tries to finish it. I can see where I would need either a pile of powerups or many tries to finish the later match 3 games. I would probably never finish this game because of the timer.

For me it is a no buy. Because of the use of dull, grainy colors and a timer I rate this game out of 5.

posted in Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola Tesla on May 20, 12 12:01 PM
I thought this game would be enjoyable since it is made by the Mushroom Age people but this game is more annoying than enjoyable to me. It is made well with the voice overs, good graphics, and so so music.

The "find the ferret game" was bad enough but to keep looking for things in that backpack was ridiculous. Sometimes everything had to be moved two or three times before the item I looked for finally appeared even though I cleared that same spot on the first pass. The repetitiveness made the game boring. I made it to "find the mice to make a cat toy". That was too much for me.

Others may like it but it is certainly not a game for me...even for $2.99.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 17, 12 2:55 PM
Thank you Catfish_Girl. I'll keep that in mind.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on May 17, 12 11:05 AM
I have so many things to do that I don't have the time to play the game, so I'm withdrawing. When I get back to playing the game again i will use this thread to help me get through the game.I hope things quiet down by the time you start Rhiannon next month so I can join you in that game.

Congratulations to all who finished and good luck to all who are still playing.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator