Posts created by TerryMann

posted in El Sello Magico: The False Heiress on Aug 3, 10 2:11 PM
Hi LaBamba, How are you?

posted in El Sello Magico: The False Heiress on Aug 3, 10 2:05 PM
Coronagold wrote:Hey, whatever happened to Terry Mann? Heh heh.

It's me, I am still here.....I just decided to take a break from posting my game reviews.

DQ much?............

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 31, 10 9:07 PM
I didn't know that either, thanks textrekkie

posted in The Lost Kingdom Prophecy on Jul 29, 10 5:49 PM
wispywillow54 wrote:
sjsullivan wrote:I hate when these game people advertise a game as hidden object and it's a match game. Sitting here momotonously trying to get through a mindless match game wasting my time. Disappointed lately with Big Fish. hidden object games have been terrible and now this. May be cancelling my memebership.

I agree with Kalavinka; I don't believe it was an effort to deceive. I pretty much realized it was a Match3 game after playing for 20 minutes and thought, "I think they made a mistake in the description on this one" and deleted it...not because it was a bad game, just not what I was looking for.
I find myself often surprised (dismayed) at the passion, anger in the forums over games. My view is...it's a game, a pastime, at which I choose to spend my money or not. I'm given an hour's free playtime to make my decision. No one forces me to purchase. Even the collector's editions are available at my option to buy or not. If I choose not to pay the $19.99 (which I invariably do, by the way), I'm given the opportunity to wait and buy it for less as the TGT.
The other big emotional item seems to be glitches in the games. Yes, sometimes it's a problem with the game itself and BFG works diligently with the developers to resolve those things. Oftentimes, it's our own computers that are the problem. I'd been having more and more issues a few months ago; BFG ran Dr Felix and it was always a problem with my video card. I finally got tired of that (cause I love playing my games) and bought a new computer and I haven't had a problem since. I know you all can't afford to upgrade your computers; I simply used that as an illustration of how I resolved my older computer issues.
I believe we've gotten spoiled by some really great developers producing really great games, and expect that level all the time (at least I find myself feeling that times). Hopefully we can just enjoy the games and appreciate the folks at BFG who work hard to supply the games and resolve issues. I think they do a great job.
Sorry to be so long-winded, and I don't mean any condemnation towards anyone; just needed to voice my opinion (and that's all it is, my opinion) on some issues.

Well said

Thank you Big Fish for a great M3 game, been waiting for one and I got it

posted in Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus on Jul 29, 10 1:56 PM
There was a long wait in between the scenes, at first I thought it was my laptop, played on my DH's computer and the same thing. I even unistalled and reinstalled and nothing different, it is very annoying!!!! Not to mention, the objects everywhere, just way to junky for me.

posted in Immortal Lovers on Jul 29, 10 1:38 PM
littleshortstop wrote:
Topper_ wrote:Same here - I can't pick up the same items, got fed up and uninstalled the trial. This is one game I won't be purchasing! Very disappointing....

I agree

posted in Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! on Jul 14, 10 2:15 AM
Fransje66 wrote:Hooray.!
Arrived quicker here than l expected.

The first cake shop has 60 levels

In my shoppingbag!

I am right with you

posted in Artifacts of the Past: Ancient Mysteries on Jul 11, 10 6:11 AM
belamba wrote:When I read the blurb on this game, I was really looking forwards to it! I'm an iHOG fan and any game with a walkthough is usually worth buying. There's nothing like a good iHOG, and this game is nothing like a good iHOG!
I chose normal mode as it promised less hints and extra time recharging hint button. There was also an easy mode. One can only wonder what happens with the easy mode as in normal mode inventory items needed lit up when your cursor touched them, no end of prompts as to what you needed to do etc.
The game had too much loading, too much dialogue, not enough game play and easy objects to find. There's a lab where you can perform various tasks on found artifacts. 'The revealer'...what was that all about?
I was bored in a short space of time, found game play slow and although I played the entire trial hour hoping it would get better, it didn't!
The music was ok and the puzzles mainly too easy!
Can't believe there are any artifacts left in the world; I'm sure I've found them all by now!

I think your review was great La Bamba

posted in Love's Power Mahjong on Jun 29, 10 3:25 AM
Hi Fishies, I finished the demo and I thought this game was okay. The graphics and the music were nice and relaxing. I also liked the different mahjongs games for each level. For those fishies that like Mahjong games, I hope you all enjoy this one.
Happy Gaming !!!

posted in The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix on Jun 26, 10 2:12 AM
Definately Not for me, ember89 would you like me to buy it for you? hee hee.....

Take care, ember and have a great weekend !!!

posted in The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix on Jun 26, 10 2:07 AM
I played the demo and I thought this game was very different, I liked the bright pictures in the scenes. The people that were popping up got rather annoying after a while, I do have to admit . I decided to pass on this game, like I say different games, different opinions......If you have not played it yet, I would recommend for you to try the demo first. For those fishies that are pleased with this game, Happy Gaming and Have a great weekend !!!

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 2:18 AM
KIW0612 wrote:For those of you new to Dream Chronicles, can you tell everyone is pretty excited about this game being released? Good reason - phenomenal game!! Fantastic graphics and immerseable fairytale like game play. Absolutely charming. As far as I know this is the fourth in a series (at least I have played three previously - are there more?) This is an absolute BUY for me. I've played the hour demo and it looks like this one is every bit as good as the others.

Only decision is like everyone else . . . do I have enough patience to wait till the regular version comes out? I have never bought a CE before. But this is sooo tempting. Not because of the extras, just because I don't want to wait a month (it was over 5 weeks for Royal Envoy) I do agree, there are quite a few CE games lately. But then BFG has to be run as a business from their perspective not always from our perspective So I can't totally fault them for that, never the less that doesn't help with my patience level. Maybe they are banking on that? Maybe it's called "Good marketing strategy?"

EXTRAS with CE
1. Bonus locations and gameplay
hmmm - wonder how that is worked into the game. Not as easy as adding extra levels in a TM game.
2. Magnificent Soundtrack
personally I can take it or leave it. Wouldn't pay extra for background music in any game.
3. Built in Strategy Guide
Not very critical since a walkthrough has already been posted
4. A sneak Peak of the next game.
WOW - another one already in the making? Nice!!

have a nice weekend all
KIW0612

posted in Azkend on Jun 22, 10 7:11 PM
I bought this game a while back, a fish friend recommended it. I thought the graphics and the music were okay. I have to admit I found this game to be very short and I finished within 2 hours. I would ask you all to give it the demo a try first. A couple of members found this game to be rather challenging, I didn't find if challenging at all. There maybe quite a few of you all that are enjoying it and always......Happy Gaming !!!

posted in Slingo Quest Egypt on Jun 20, 10 4:36 AM
To the Fishies that are having problems I apologize . Donick I know that you were waiting to play this game. I hope you all get this taken care of soon.

Geiyo, Great Review !

Take Care, Terry

posted in Slingo Quest Egypt on Jun 20, 10 4:26 AM
I have all the Slingo games and I am going to add this one to my collection. I am pleased with this game, the graphics and the music were nice. I am sure they may be a few fishies that will appreciate the fact that there is no timer. As I always say, for those fishies that are having a great time, Happy Gaming !!!

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 19, 10 3:23 AM
Great review CasualGran !!!

I have not made a decision whether I will be purchasing this game. The graphics and the music were okay. The story was intriguing, I did notice some items were small. However, I did appreciate the fact that the objects were well-hidden. For the fishies that are enjoying this game, Happy Gaming !!!

posted in PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent on Jun 18, 10 4:46 AM
Capthowdy, I myself had many problems DL games. There was even I time I couldn't purchase any games. I was so frustrated, I would send a Dr. Felix report, which did help sometimes. I was also told by CS that it could be an internet loop or I could have changed my settings, I never did. I also was told it could be my Firewall, you can maybe try playing the game from the shortcut on your desk-top. Have you sent in a Dr. Felix report?
Good Luck.

You can't DL any games at all?

posted in Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington on Jun 17, 10 3:00 AM
Great review, chebtoo.

I also enjoyed the graphics and the music, I thought this game was nice. I know there are some fishies that don't appreciate the smaller objects, I apologize but I did happen to notice some in this game. I was pleased with the two different modes this game has available timed and carefree mode. I hope you fishies enjoy, Happy Gaming !!!

posted in The Crop Circles Mystery on Jun 16, 10 4:14 AM
I totally agree with CasualGran and patnsky's review, great reviews btw. I was impressed with the graphics and I liked the music. I did happen to notice that the objects weren't very well-hidden, some in plain view. Though I would have to admit, I did think the game was a bit different. I did like the fact that you weren't limited on the amount of hints. I also was pleased with the two modes, timed and relaxed. If you are an IHOG fan, I would recommend you all to at least give it a try. For you all that are enjoying this game, have a super time.....Happy Gaming, fishies !!!

posted in Miriel's Enchanted Mystery on Jun 16, 10 3:20 AM
I bought both Miriel games at a different site, a while back. This game is very similar to the first one and I did enjoy the both of them. You will go on an adventure with Miriel to solve a mystery. There will be goals to meet for each level. You will have customers coming into your store asking for apples, strawberries, jam, wheat, bread, cheese and more. It did help to get some of the items prepared while retreiving the items for the customers. For example, having another bread baking or when a customer request an apple, click on another apple to be placed on the shelf. You will have to combine items such as the water with the flour to make the bread and other tasty goodies.You can only carry two items at first, but later during the game you will be able to carry more. You will also have magical devices that will help you during your journey. The coins that the customers will leave on the counter will disappear, if you are not quick enough. Click on those coins, so you can use them when Harry the Merchant comes by to sell upgrades or useful tools, chocolate, recipe for jam etc.... If I remember correctly I believe I played over 50 levels. There are mini-games in between levels to include, a puzzle-collaspse game and some hidden object levels. I found this game to be not as good as the first one, I did finish it and got to play some of the extras that were included. I hope you all enjoy this fine TM game, Happy Gaming, Fishies !!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator