Posts created by sdurrie

posted in Tasty Planet on Oct 13, 10 6:54 PM
I do not know why there are not more comments for this game. I love it!

The story line is quite humorous.You start out very small and eat things larger than you to grow. Each level is higher on the food chain. There are about 4 background songs that can be calming or create tension.

**SPOILER**
It goes from sea life, to table food, to eating cats and dogs and humans, then lastly you go to outer space and eat planets and galaxies! I won't ruin the last part.......it's insane!!!!!!!

And now I hear there is a Tasty Planet: Back for Seconds (which Big Fish does not have in stock). The creator of this game also created The Tree Musketeers game (part 1 & 2 available on Big Fish).

posted in The Three Musketeers: Milady's Vengeance on Oct 13, 10 6:45 PM
Oh no! I played this game before Part One. Now I wonder if it will do a backward character load? I am sad because I am doing this out of order
Okay I started the part one demo and you do start out as a poor little guy just starting out. it sure stinks to have a really slow horse after being able to buy the fastest horse in part two.

But overall I LOVE this game!!! I want more!!

posted in Super Smasher on Jul 18, 10 2:55 PM
I'm agreeing with some people on here. I wasn't into arcade type games... I thought! Until this game came along. Certainly a must-try for any casual game lover. Why? Because it's not just smashing balloons, throwing pies in peoples' faces, punching clowns, smashing plates... it's more....

posted in 1 Penguin 100 Cases on Jul 8, 10 5:51 PM
I agree, graphics are very clear and well done. Also, I'm surprised it's in the "kids game" category!

posted in Making Mr. Right on Jul 6, 10 3:06 PM
I agree with the two above posters. There is no way to rotate the stations (though you can move them around after you've placed them). Also, the area for the houses does seem off, not on a grid at all. It would be nice to see a green square below the house you are trying to place to know it's in the right spot--as opposed to the minus and plus signs.

As with ember, I found I had about 5 or 6 guys waiting in line to sit at the table. It would have been nice to have 2 or 3 tables to make things go faster & finish the goals in time.

posted in Making Mr. Right on Jul 6, 10 3:00 PM
I want to say one thing I don't like about this game.

When you place one of the guys on a station to learn, there is no meter indicating how long it's taking, or when he will be finished learning. I have some questions for the game developers to think about when they consider updating this game:

How am I supposed to manage the time when I don't know how long it takes for everything to be done? Does each station have the same or different amount of learning time? If the guy has two or more activities he wants to learn, will he learn the 2nd and 3rd items faster than the first... gradually becoming a faster learner?

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 6, 10 2:41 PM
The Fifth Gate reminds me of Garden Dreams. Both are harvesting plants and keeping bugs away. But in TFG, you get to make potions from the flowers you collect. Those potions can either be sold or used to complete quests.

The graphics are beautiful and the fairy theme is well done. Main reason why I like the game. There are times of rest, waiting for the flowers to bloom...though it doesn't last long! Out of no where, a swarm of bugs come to attack, which you must kill before they destroy your lovely garden.

***SPOILER***

I enjoyed the three stages of each plant that come with completing quests. The flowers became more beautiful with each upgrade. The good thing is, each type of flower still blooms from the same plant. Also, like the "helpers" you get from GD, there are types of plants in TFG. For example, the ice flower that freezes bugs in their tracks.

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 6, 10 2:31 PM
You mentioned the difficulty level. From playing the first garden twice, I noticed something. The more plants you add to the garden, the larger the amount of bugs that will attack.

So if you want it to be easier (in terms of bug attacks), only have one of each plant. Doing so also makes it harder to reach the goals quicker. In a way, you set your own area of difficulty.

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 6, 10 2:26 PM
I decided that if there were 1 or 2 bugs that were easy to get to, I would not click the bug/ice flower. But if 3 or more came, I used it. It seems like each time the flower recharges, that is when you need to use it. So wait for the big swarms if you can help it.

posted in The Fifth Gate on Jul 6, 10 2:22 PM
You're right, genkicoll, the dew drop plants are not worth the money as they only give maybe 3 or 4 drops per day... as opposed to upgrading your fountain and water container.

And yes, the bug catcher plants are a major help! Only use it when there are 3 or more bugs flying around.

posted in Wandering Willows on Jun 23, 10 7:44 PM
I would love to play WW2.... and I don't mean world war 2. I hope they go for it and keep testing and get it out there. I think they have a forum on the creators' web site where you can add your input and what you think should be in the sequel.

posted in Word Power: The Green Revolution on Jun 23, 10 7:35 PM
The game is a word scrambler. With money you make from unscrambling words, you add alternative energy sources to buildings, such as solar panels. A "negative" neighbor says it's "uncultured" to have solar panels . . .who says that? Appears to have the same words to unscramble over and over: "energy" "their" "solar" "wind" etc.

The word you're looking for is environmentalists.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life on Jun 14, 10 11:49 PM
It appears that the blackberry (or is it blueberry?) bush replenishes itself very slowly so that helps somewhat until you can upgrade food and construction.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™ on Jun 12, 10 10:57 AM
I'm having trouble with that too. This is in the Clown's Trailer, the extra hidden object area which is in a trunk above the trailer. I find a "bean" and place it on the edge of the trunk and can't find any other "beans" like it to place there.

posted in Elementals: The Magic Key on Jun 7, 10 9:12 PM
I love the battles! I don't understand why people don't like them. Tell me ?

posted in Life Quest ™ on Jun 5, 10 12:47 PM
Thanks George for the reply. I didn't notice the building lock the first time through so my plan was dead at the start. But it did make it interesting to "skip" over the rivals when the goals were available for completion.

-Amiga

posted in Life Quest ™ on Jun 4, 10 4:41 PM
There's always room for more! I Life Quest too

posted in Life Quest ™ on Jun 4, 10 4:00 PM
Thanks Eddy, I was just thinking about not beating the first rival and building up my goal achievement first before doing so and then beating every rival consecutively right after. I had no idea you can start reviewing movies right off the bat!

posted in Life Quest ™ on Jun 4, 10 3:28 PM
I like the Frost Giant.

posted in Life Quest ™ on Jun 4, 10 3:01 PM
I had an idea to change things up, but not sure if it will shorten the amount of days. Basically, play the game once or twice and remember all the goals that you had to complete in order to beat the rivals. The next game you play you will beat all those goals and not beating the first rival until you finish. The only downside is you don't beat the first rival.

Here's what I mean:

The first rival wants to buy a goldfish. My idea is to never buy the goldfish until I have completed all or most of the goals that beats each rival. Then once you get to the last goal, buy the goldfish and suddenly you will have beaten all the rivals all in a row.

What do you think?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator