Posts created by bootsky

posted in Triazzle Island on Aug 8, 11 6:33 AM
I played 1/2 hour & bought it! It's just the kind of game I need right now: Upbeat music, different kinds of puzzles without being overly hard.
The side puzzles are a bit different to the "main" game BUT there is not a skip.
And it's cute when you get them in the correct places!
boots

posted in 4 Elements on Jul 31, 11 1:21 PM
This was suggested to me yesterday because there is a sequel coming out!
I bought it this morning, I believe this is a little GEM that got overlooked at the time!

It is an M3 but it has a great story and very challenging levels. Although I have only unlocked two of the books just going onto the third Element book I am finding it very addictive, well I mean I gave Sacra Terra a miss to play this game! LOVE IT!

boots

Well I played 45mins & I'm hooked it has great graphics, interesting storyline, even the scary guy is different!
It makes a change to have a FROG haven't had a decent one since Snark All Revved Up.
Will be a buy for me.
boots

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Jul 25, 11 10:30 AM
I have just finished this game, having only D/L it yesterday! How did I miss this in Dec?

What a wonderful game, totally different kind of story. It took me over 4 hours, I did skip a couple of the puzzles I had to use the walkthrough a couple of times & I got ahead of myself a few times but I was able to backtrack.
I was so disappointed when it ended I would love to see a sequel, although how they'd continue the story is beyond me!
It was not the least bit spooky but it did have it's mysterious sides. Mostly done in daylight too which is always a plus for me.
Will definitely be a"go to" game when there is nothing good on or TV

Kelvarda wrote:Well, I must be 'missing' what the rest of you are seeing in this game. I found it boring, dismal, and way too much 'to and fro'. Horrible Sound effects when you find something, the overclick penalty I cannot stand (likewise the music) and the silly way every object in the H0 scenes is 'typed out' I find very annoying. I doubt I'd even buy this as an SE.

It's the 2nd CE in a week that I have found . Sorry BFG, you and the 'devs' must try to do better if you want my money!! I can't even say I've found any SE's to use 3 punch card codes on yet!

Do you know Kel I agree 100%
boots

I seem to be in the minority I found it quite a confusing game & I only played half an hour.
I really did want to like it but.....?

WELCOME to the POND chickasawlady64!
I have a feeling that the dev's made this one of those games that you are supposed to play the full demo B4 exiting...I really dislike that too because now I'm not going to be able to finish the other half hour to find out whether it was just my mood today!

I do not think this will be a buy for me, may try it when it comes out as an SE.
boots

ETA: It did let me go back in so I will probably give it another try another day

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town Collector's Edition on Jul 13, 11 10:59 AM
Kelvarda wrote:
momo317 wrote:Is there a way to reset the gears to start over?

Hi momo - I don't think there is. I had to wait for ages and then use skip as I totally fluffed this one the first time I played

Kel

What I did I backed out of it & went back & if I remember correctly it was reset.

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 11 12:52 PM
I bought this game & I am taking my time playing it I am enjoying the scenery/graphics very much. The story is a bit different than the norm, although It's eerie it is daylight which to me makes a lot of difference.
The mini-puzzles have been a bit different & so far I have only skipped one.
The SG is very easy to use & again I haven't needed to use it very much.
I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys IHOGAdventure games.
boots

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town Collector's Edition on Jul 10, 11 9:46 AM
This is a definite BUY for me.
The graphics are terrific, the story is mysterious enough to keep your interest. The SG is easy to follow & I am actually looking forward to going back to play some more, that hasn't happened for some time!
ETA: I agree it's great to have the full SG in the demo so that you can decide whether it's long enough or the puzzles are interesting
boots

posted in Tales of Lagoona: Orphans of the Ocean on Jul 8, 11 12:46 PM
I first tried this the day it came out & thought How syrupy. Anyway I gave it another shot & I must say I thoroughly enjoyed all the stuff you have to do it really gives you bang for your buck. I have ended up buying it today!
A little building, selling items at the market & hidden objects as well.
It is a nice lighthearted story for the "kid" in all of us. Not too hard on "older" eyes either.

boots

posted in Sinbad: In search of Magic Ginger on Jun 30, 11 12:06 PM
Oh dear, well I need one more punch on my card but I guess it won't be this one! sorry folks!
boots

posted in Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix on Jun 27, 11 5:08 AM
Adventure games are not really my forte, I take a lot of time to play them.
I love the story, music etc in this game.
I can see what a few of you mean about "clunky cursor". I have bought adventure games B4 & I will buy this one too.
I am very intrigued with the storyline. And it is usually the story that sells me on any game.
boots

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Jun 26, 11 12:09 PM
Timbuctu wrote:Now if we could just figure out a way to get the word out about how much we want a sequel...

I couldn't agree more...this is a superb game I love the relaxing music & the scenery, well let's face it I JUST LOVE THIS GAME, I am so very near the end now but I just allow myself to play a little at a time & then yesterday I played for about 2hrs & literally had to make myself quit to spend time with DH, horrible when they just don't understand the addiction.

I wonder if there is a sequel in the works?
boots

posted in Sandra Fleming Chronicles: Crystal Skulls on Jun 26, 11 11:17 AM
I totally agree with MoreOver about Cherb's post, there are a few reviewees that I listen to I know we have pretty much the same in common gamewise. That's why I always came to shadow's comments etc. The people in here a generally of a similar mind to myself.

I will be buying this game probably tomorrow. Still thoroughly enjoying the demo!!
boots

ETA: I was thinking this was a CE!? Talk about senios' moments
Bought today!!

posted in Sandra Fleming Chronicles: Crystal Skulls on Jun 26, 11 7:49 AM
Well these comments have made me feel like I would actually like to play this one for a change. So dare I say: I'm off to DL the demo.
boots

ETA: Only played 11 mins already hooked, but have to go get my old mum for lunch, shoot, really nice to have a good story, crisp graphics & an IHOG with a difference. The other good thing as far as I'm concerned, so far, is it's in DAYLIGHT!!
Will be a buy for me!

posted in Island Tribe 2 on Jun 20, 11 1:19 PM
I don't know where else to put this query...Where oh where is Mudrock? It's 4:18EST
boots

posted in Island Tribe 2 on Jun 20, 11 8:07 AM
bella81762 wrote:
Kelvarda wrote:@ bella - did you see the little hippos? did ya? did ya see em? eh! did ya? Aren't they just soooooo cute

Kel

lol...yes i did........(takes kels coffee away)

This is the same woman that two weeks ago wanted IHOG's as DARK & EERIE as possible

posted in Island Tribe 2 on Jun 20, 11 4:15 AM
stevieferr wrote:Not my kind of game I dont have the patience lol.Hopefully Stevies Slot will have something to talk about tomorrow,remember my slot is a review from me only please if you want to comment you can send me a PM[I have nothing else to do all day lol]. they may lock my forum but I can still give tou an un bias review

WTG!!

posted in Island Tribe 2 on Jun 20, 11 4:14 AM
Slept in a bit today...Look at Cherb's lovely Pirate!

So it's a difficult TM which will be no good for this beginner of TM's but that's ok 'cos I have a lot of demos still in my manager people (Kel ) keeps giving me names of ones to try & Bella too...great stuff just can't find the time.

Well off to stir up the chit chat corner
boots

ETA: You all went offline & left me dangling there all by myself!!

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy Collector's Edition on Jun 19, 11 1:51 PM
Lucy1997 wrote:
Poutoule wrote:Lucy1997 is a ....CONGRATULATIONS

Yes....I got playing Word games in the CCC last night. Wish I were still a sprightly minnow: the herring looks kind of sad.

And congratulations to you, Poutoule, because you are now a Pufferfish!

MY CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH

That's why I didn't recognize either of you!!

I too am looking forward to Mudrock tomorrow...let's hope his news is as good, game wise as this weeks' was
boots

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator